• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Fantasy A League Teams

Wombat

Who has put out a team this year?

Gumprecht FC is coming 4th in Central Coast League and 81st nationally. Can anyone else beat that and are there any other Leagues i should be joining?

I was excited to see i was winning Fox 1198 until i viewed it and there are only 13 players:oops: in it.

Tevor

I've got a team in the fantasy league, was in the top 10 Mariners supporters a few weeks back and have dropped off a bit lately. Tried to find some CCM leagues to join earlier on but just stayed in a public one.

Rising Sun

Reviving this thread for the new Fantasy league: https://play.keepup.com.au/

User wise it's pretty good! Max is a steal too.
View attachment 2331
APL running a fantasy league through their app is going to shine a light on the fact that the APL no longer require the clubs to provide any squad information until a few minutes before kick off. Difficult to pick your team for the week when you have no idea of likely ins and outs.

priorpeter

All the build up and hoo-ha about the exciting new fantasy league platform the APL were building and they go and release… exactly, and I mean exactly what SportsDeck have been doing for the last few years. And here was me hoping the league could do something new and innovative and exciting. Cool.

adz

Staff member
I don’t think there was any secret it was the same as sportsdeck. Sounds like whatever they had planned wasn’t coming together so they’ve had to outsource/ license something to avoid too much egg on their face.

Yeah and fair enough too. You can't knock together software like this in a few months on a small budget.

Rising Sun

Yeah and fair enough too. You can't knock together software like this in a few months on a small budget.
True but neither apply here. The fantasy stuff was part of the original roadmap for the app, and was already in development last year (according to DGB). I think Turbo is right, the sportsdeck solution is a short term and temporary fix to save face and buy them some time to finish their own build.

As for the budget, there is plenty of that available. DGB has talked about it as a key strategic pillar for the growth of the game.

When Keepup was launched, there was reference to them having spent $30m on it. They were probably ripped off if they spent $30m on v1 and hopefully that included some planned future spend as well, but either way there is plenty of the Silver Lake money getting thrown at the app and money is no object.

adz

Staff member
True but neither apply here. The fantasy stuff was part of the original roadmap for the app, and was already in development last year (according to DGB). I think Turbo is right, the sportsdeck solution is a short term and temporary fix to save face and buy them some time to finish their own build.

As for the budget, there is plenty of that available. DGB has talked about it as a key strategic pillar for the growth of the game.

When Keepup was launched, there was reference to them having spent $30m on it. They were probably ripped off if they spent $30m on v1 and hopefully that included some planned future spend as well, but either way there is plenty of the Silver Lake money getting thrown at the app and money is no object.

Yeah interesting. I didn't realise all that was announced. $30m wonder how that was distributed and what it actually bought. I don't think the data is cheap - especially when we're looking at real time, and all the analytics stuff, all the different comps included.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami