• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Finals: Mariners v tap water drinking junkies

style_cafe

Maybe I didn't include the whole thought process.

Windust has basically not been playing at an A League intensity while playing in NPL2. It is a step up to the A League and another step up to finals. Will he be up for 90 minutes or 120 minutes of finals football?
I`d be seeing how he is going in the game.
I`m not one for subbing people just because its reached a certain stage of the game... :popcorn:

Rising Sun

I get it but I think you just bring on RT if/when the need comes up. Might not happen or it might be 10-20 mins if Windust is cramping up. Can certainly appreciate being more reserved with subs to accommodate that possibility. Given his lack of game time it would be a risk to put RT out there proactively thinking its for 20 when it might be closer to an hour.
Yes, this is the way to go. If we wanted more from Ruon then the chance to give him some minutes was last week - play him for 60 and then bring Windust on. I think Monty showed his hand, Windust is his preferred option and he got a full 90 to ready him for a higher intensity 90 / 120 in the finals. Ruon got a short stint to ready him in case he is needed for a short stint in the finals.

Another factor to consider with his subs is making sure he has the right people out there if it goes to penalties. There are a few that might be out there at the end that I wouldn't have a lot of confidence in - he might want to make a late change to get a better balance.

Michael

Dan out this week. Possibly back for semi the week after. Moresche looks like he has done his MCL. Ruon or Windust to partner Kye?
I’d be more confident in a match ready Windust. Nothing against Ruon, was good he got half hour on Saturday but I don’t think he’ll be sharp enough. Such a shame hally’s out. He’s been huge all season. Took Ruon’s spot on performance originally. Windust showed composure beyond his years and quality too. Be confident in the young lad.

Big Al

I get it but I think you just bring on RT if/when the need comes up. Might not happen or it might be 10-20 mins if Windust is cramping up. Can certainly appreciate being more reserved with subs to accommodate that possibility. Given his lack of game time it would be a risk to put RT out there proactively thinking its for 20 when it might be closer to an hour.
Plus AU are a level up from Newcastle. It’s asking a lot mentally and physically of a player who has had limited A League minutes.

Could make it through one game fine but it’s the build up and during the second the body could feel the heavy load. As mentioned prior Hall suffered last year with limited prep

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Big Al

With no Moreshe as a sub option it will be interesting to see if Monty plays both Urena and Cummings from the start. You like to have an option on the bench to change a game, especially if it goes 120. Would Monty trust that to be Garang and Hatch or would he keep Urena up his sleeve.

turbo

With no Moreshe as a sub option it will be interesting to see if Monty plays both Urena and Cummings from the start. You like to have an option on the bench to change a game, especially if it goes 120. Would Monty trust that to be Garang and Hatch or would he keep Urena up his sleeve.
I don’t think he has a lot of choice there, have to start Marco and Cummings and hope they can get the job done.

Tevor

I don’t think he has a lot of choice there, have to start Marco and Cummings and hope they can get the job done.
Yep, try and win it in the 90. Whilst extra time is a possibility and needs to be considered it’s pretty negative to be planning it as a forgone conclusion. I feel Monty will be setting up for a 90 min win.

Corsair

With the injuries this is going to be a much bigger task for us. Really need Urena to lift his game, if he could get an early goal to lift his confidence that would make a difference.

Really big call up for Windust, he looks like he's got it in him, let's hope so.

Assume Faz is back for Sat?

With Moresche out and Muller lazy/old, I know this is unlikely, but...Oli?

ryan

With the injuries this is going to be a much bigger task for us. Really need Urena to lift his game, if he could get an early goal to lift his confidence that would make a difference.

Really big call up for Windust, he looks like he's got it in him, let's hope so.

I spoke with Faz yesterday. He confirmed he is back on Sunday

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Im all for Cam to start , his earned it, BUT i hope if he begins to seriously struggle , Gaffer hooks him for RT...having said that , I dont think he will (thats him jinxed)

marinermick

Urena starting will be a blessing in disguise.

It is no secret that finals are very different to the regular season and history has shown that those teams who have experienced finals players have the edge. Players who have been there and experienced the pressure of the games.

Marco has been involved in huge matches and tournaments and my tip is that he will be immense.

Michael

Are we even sure Ollie’s been training?

AJames

Any ticket info yet? I see that tickets go on sale this afternoon to Adelaide members and the general public tomorrow.

Big Dog

I think Garang will be the first option. Might be tempted to bring McCarthy back into the squad. He adds a central attacking option and had has been back in the NPL for a few games now after coming back from injury.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami