• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Grand final baby - Our Parradise

Pirate Pete

Everyone would be expecting city to win so let's get out there and prove them wrong
Everyone?
Define everyone.
There's a few fellows on the coast
View attachment 2689Ref assignment has been announced for the grand final... Not particularly happy that Shaun Evans is in VAR even if it's just an assistant role, his bullshit from that city game still haunts me to the core lol
My first thought when I saw this was it some bizarre drinking game bingo card for the final.

Wombat

View attachment 2689Ref assignment has been announced for the grand final... Not particularly happy that Shaun Evans is in VAR even if it's just an assistant role, his bullshit from that city game still haunts me to the core lol
Apart from Assistant VAR 1 (Evans) that is cleanskin appointments. Not one blatant cheat......is this the start of a whole new era without blatant corruption in the game??

Pirate Pete

I mean like some of media pundits who will be expecting city to win
Yeah, sorry mate I knew what you meant.
Couple of hard days at work and a couple of wines, and I tried to post a funny comeback.
Didn't even finish what I was typing.

Popeye

Welp, been a pretty devastating season for me in my personal life and unfortunately have not been able to keep up with the Mariners as much as I would have liked. But, things have gotten a bit better for me and so so proud of how the guys have done this season and now in the final.

I will be up at 5 am my time Saturday to cheer on the boys!

No one is really giving us much of a chance, and that is fine by me. I like being the underdog!

We can do it.

FFC Mariner

Welp, been a pretty devastating season for me in my personal life and unfortunately have not been able to keep up with the Mariners as much as I would have liked. But, things have gotten a bit better for me and so so proud of how the guys have done this season and now in the final.

I will be up at 5 am my time Saturday to cheer on the boys!

No one is really giving us much of a chance, and that is fine by me. I like being the underdog!

We can do it.
Whisper it but we are specials here.
2-1 us.

JoyfulPenguin

As a former Heart fan this game, as whenever we play CFG, has some extra special meaning for me.

I was apart of the keep Melbourne Red & White campaign, protesting for the meagre request of keeping our home kit red and white stripes. Only to have CFG collectively spit in Heart fans' faces for daring to want our own identity. That pretty effectively summed up CFG's ethos. They couldn't even bring themselves to wear it for the season that the FFA wouldn't let them wear their precious sky blue.

CFG represent all that is wrong with football. The sportswashing project of a human rights abusing petro state who will happily spend billions on their own playthings while many of their own people wallow in abject poverty.

Watching them lift the premiership after Oli's penalty got somehow overturned hurt probably more than anything I have experienced as a fan.

The Mariners represent the true power of football to unite and represent a community. To fight, plan and scrape despite the odds stacked against. To believe in the ability of your young people and your community. To strive ever to represent who their community is, not the sportswashing of a brutalist regime.

I truly hope we win on Saturday and show Australia what a truly modern, community football club is.

Insertnamehere

Heart says we improved massively from game 1 to 2 vs Citeh so we can absolutely beat them. Us 1-0

Head says petrobucks buy success and they'll buy yet more success in a league that hasn't worked out how to curb their influence. Ney, isnt interested in curbing their influence. Them 1-0.

f**k Shiteh! Up the Mariners!!

yellowcake

"NSW club Central Coast is likely to have double the amount of support compared to City's"
Delusional Danny - overestimating the number who'll travel from Melbourne. I wouldn't be surprised if it's fifteen times... (for those who deny it ever occurred, please look away) a ratio probably comparable to Brisbane in 2011.

For those still with me, I can still say I enjoyed that day but obviously not the outcome. I'm still much more traumatised by 2008 and revisiting it through the otherwise excellent and enjoyable Making of the Mariners video - the most I've ever viewed. I've got the DVD of that match but I've never watched it and probably never will. I took the cover from the case, burnt it and put plain paper back in with '2008' written on the spine in pencil.
Maybe I was chasing the full set of our GF's for posterity but I don't think the next one was even sold on the Coast anyway. The last one was and get's a beating, it's a great pick me up! Anticipating having to alternate it with the new one :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred