• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Grand final baby - Our Parradise

dlanod

So Arnie reckons it would have been 10 without Glover.
Really?
We had 11 shots on target. He missed 6
What a superstar
I walked out thinking that he didn't have a terrible game despite the six goals, which seemed crazy but watching again I stand by it. His saves were top notch and the only goal that was even potentially stoppable was Cummings' first, so I reckon he came out ahead. However the City defenders were absolutely and hilariously putrid.

Wombat

Definitely the greatest game of my life, to demolish them like that, especially in a grand final. I couldn't have wrote a better script. There isn't a better fairytale and it felt so special because the Mariners did it with a philosophy that Heart was supposedly founded on.

It exposed what I think many have been able to see in this and past City sides. They never win as a team just a collection of individuals out for themselves. They win games through moments of individual excellence that money can buy, not through planning and skill.

City represented the anthesis of their community while the Mariners embraced theirs more than any club I have ever seen.

I had my phone blowing up as soon as we scored the first as I have become the "Mariners guy" among most people I meet.

It was worth waiting nearly 8 years for a win in person. Worth getting laughed at and assaulted by Green Gully supporters.

Thanks everyone for giving this lonely football fan a wonderful community. The day I joined this site was when I decided to support the Mariners after sitting out an A-League season. I haven't met a nicer online community and there isn't one more deserving of this fairytale win.
Thats why we love you JP. You are not a Mexican to us. You are our "Victorian Vibe Manager"

Ozhammer

After my third watch through of the game, I have decided that my favourite highlights are Monty’s goal celebrations, each of which which were absolutely priceless.

I have never seen him so animated but his unbridled joy each time we scored was just wonderful to see.

booney

Apart from the incredible scoreline there were many magic moments in the GF including Silvera's goal,Cumdingo's hat trick,Triantis clearing the ball almost off the line when van de Venne slid it past Danny,Nizzy knocking Leckie off the ball ,Moresche's extra time strike but the one moment which stood out was Silvera's magnificent pass with the outside of his foot for big Beni to head home.A moment of rare skill when he was surrounded by defenders and having the awareness and nous to see Beni and put it onto a plate for him.Probably the best assist I have seen in the A-League.

Michael

He is not getting $500k! That the "suggested" Sunderland transfer offer.

He doesn't want to leave and no one wants him to go......if Richie and Pikey can stump up some cash the boy wonder may be here next season
It’s honestly the best option for his development, give us another year and himself another 25-30 games.

Side note, each rumoured to leave player has either publicly or privately declared they don’t really want to leave. (Except maybe hally?) Not actively wanting to leave.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

Michael

Apart from the incredible scoreline there were many magic moments in the GF including Silvera's goal,Cumdingo's hat trick,Triantis clearing the ball almost off the line when van de Venne slid it past Danny,Nizzy knocking Leckie off the ball ,Moresche's extra time strike but the one moment which stood out was Silvera's magnificent pass with the outside of his foot for big Beni to head home.A moment of rare skill when he was surrounded by defenders and having the awareness and nous to see Beni and put it onto a plate for him.Probably the best assist I have seen in the A-League.
Couldn’t agree more
That pass and his one v one beat then finish was legit 2 world class moments of ability.

Hello Sailor

100%, but dont forget Nizzy's run and pass to Silvera before that cross.

Kripple

That would probably be the view of everybody who watched the game with the sole exception of Graham Arnold
Arnold admitted in the press conference announcing the squad yesterday that he made a mistake with Sammy. He had to submit a list of 35/40 names a few weeks to organise Chinese visas. Said that after his performances in the semi and GF he would have been in consideration.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred