• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Grand Final Boycott?

Forum Phoenix

No outcry when small clubs weren’t getting finals. Let alone when we had ours literally taken off us.

Sydney fans protesting… applaud those who are genuinely altruistic. But human nature says that for the majority it’s a convenient time to protest when they have buckleys of doing anything in the finals. Love to check in on the comrades commitment levels if they happen to go on a three game winning run.

Will all become. We won’t sit in active, (probably sit with an ideal view instead) really does feel like a Clayton’s protest,

Lastly. I’m a passionate till I die mariners fan. My family and I have spent a lot of precious time money and tears and I’ll not rob myself or my family of a very rare peak experience because of any league mismanagement or otherwise. Nor will I ever fail to support my club and all the wonderful people who have worked so hard to have this kind of peak experience in their lives too.

Could be the career highlight for many of our players who i think deserve every bit of support we can give them regardless of any boards or suits etc

And as wombat points out, (made me chuckle. Love to see it) plenty of other powerful ways to protest if it’s something you feel strongly about.

LifeInSportPodcast

No outcry when small clubs weren’t getting finals. Let alone when we had ours literally taken off us.

Sydney fans protesting… applaud those who are genuinely altruistic. But human nature says that for the majority it’s a convenient time to protest when they have buckleys of doing anything in the finals. Love to check in on the comrades commitment levels if they happen to go on a three game winning run.

Will all become. We won’t sit in active, (probably sit with an ideal view instead) really does feel like a Clayton’s protest,

Lastly. I’m a passionate till I die mariners fan. My family and I have spent a lot of precious time money and tears and I’ll not rob myself or my family of a very rare peak experience because of any league mismanagement or otherwise. Nor will I ever fail to support my club and all the wonderful people who have worked so hard to have this kind of peak experience in their lives too.

Could be the career highlight for many of our players who i think deserve every bit of support we can give them regardless of any boards or suits etc

And as wombat points out, (made me chuckle. Love to see it) plenty of other powerful ways to protest if it’s something you feel strongly about.
absolutely top notch and well said, couldn't agree more

PatientMariner

I'll be attending if we make it!

For the same reasons as mentioned.
1. We have already had a GF taken from us to play in Sydney. No one else cared then, we lost the home advantage and lost the GF... (Not saying that was the reason why, but it didnt help!)
2. The dark years. Have supported the club since day 1 and to be honest after the Okon, Walmsley, Mulvey years I never thought we would even get to a GF again.
3. The players deserve our support no matter what. Not their fault a shit decision by the APL had been made. They had no role in it. They deserve our support!

So proud to be a Mariners fan.

scottmac

Suspended
I will be boycotting, which if we do make the Grand Final will be extremely painful as I became a Mariner in May 2015 and have never seen us go further than the first week of finals.

I agree that there are plenty of hypocrites only now standing up when they are affected.

But I think this is a bigger issue than just the grand final. The APL needs to understand that collectively the fan bases have a voice and power. If we don't more and worse decisions will be made.
Everyone should be asking you to boycott because you don't see that many live wins yeah? ???

Omni

Yeah, that is my feeling as well. While I disagree with the decision it is a bit rich that the other clubs are only concerned when it affects them.
I brought this up at the time and was told to shut up (not here) if I was still in Australia I’d still go. Hell they should play it in Gosford if CCM make it (but I understand it’ll be at Comm Bank). It’s easy for fans of clubs that are always successful or didn’t make the finals to call for a boycott.

Ads

If we were the ‘home team’ against Sydney in Sydney.

Would it not be logical to hold it at a Sydney ground in which Sydney FC have not played more than 1/2 games this season.

Or will they likely play in the heart or more central in Sydney to more likely gain a casual ticket sale.

Rising Sun

If we were the ‘home team’ against Sydney in Sydney.

Would it not be logical to hold it at a Sydney ground in which Sydney FC have not played more than 1/2 games this season.

Or will they likely play in the heart or more central in Sydney to more likely gain a casual ticket sale.
Allianz is not available because it is already booked that night (Waratahs).

Ozhammer

Have to say I am ecstatic that WSW got knocked out last night, as it takes away my anger at the thought of a GF where we played them and they hosted, as that would have been some kind of fkover by the APL.

At least now it is a neutral venue for all the remaining teams.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I like how Danny "I'm taking a stupidly high salary under false pretences" Townsend recently tried saying 'oh, no, putting the GFs in Sydney doesn't mean the league was in dire financial straits;.....kinda feel like that makes it even worse. So, you're saying, you didn't even NEED to do it, you just wanted to tell the fans to go f**k themselves anyway?

If, hypothetically, SFC get in, then Parra is certainly a better location, rather than the lower GF team getting a home GF.

dlanod

But that's not what destination Sydney NSW want. Funny how we're greater Sydney when it suits them like Covid restrictions and not when it doesnt. Stadium looks free on the 3rd, NRL there on the 4th but the turn around shouldnt be an issue.
The Central Coast will be cemented as 100% part of Sydney soon, now that Melbourne overtook it as the largest city by absorbing some fringe town. Need to get that title back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred