• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Grand Final Boycott?

JackMariner

If our beloved CCMFC make the grand final,
who here will be going to the game and who will boycott attending the game in protest/standing up to the APL's handling of everything?
Seats booked on the halfway and halfway up, could not believe my luck. Ticketek finally does some good for us.

Allreet?

The AL powers that be have always screwed us over and no other fan group gave a shit when we played the Jets in a Sydney GF.

Why the f**k should we be supporting a boycott that was never ever going to make a whiff of difference for us?

We're in Europe so won't be there. But if we were I'd be front and centre.

Allreet?

Noooooooooooooooo. I hated living in Sydney. Lets keep our separate identity
I've lived on the Coast since 2000 and support the Mariners with all my heart.

But I grew up in Sydney, still work in Sydney, and part of me will always be a Sydney boy.

Sydney FC can GTF though...

Hello Sailor

I just read today's SMH. In the sport section there is nothing on the A League semis. I half expected nothing on CCM v Adelaide, but there wasn't anything on Sydney FC's game last night either. Plenty of stuff on horse racing, league, AFL, union [mens and womens], golf tennis and even cricket even though its not the season. This game has to do a better job regarding media exposure if it is to grow.

Hello Sailor

Compare the SMH with the Australian-story on p.51- System wont allow me to upload large file at once so I'll try a few small ones. 1684537606339.png

Last edited:

JoyfulPenguin

I completely understand the decision not to boycott and respect it 100%. Some of the abuse on social media of people deciding to attend has been disgusting.

The hypocritical nature of the boycott, now being seemingly lead primarily by aggrieved Victory fans with nothing to lose is disappointing. It seems basically all the other fan bases were unaware we had been stripped of the right to host in the past. What made it worse is many supporting the boycott then condescendingly attacked and told us to get over the exact situation they are complaining about.

Despite all this I will boycott. I love this club as my literal thousands of posts over 8 years will attest. 8 years in which were some of our darkest days. But sacrificing the greatest day in our history since I have been a fan is worth it to send the only message I can to the APL.

A message that fans are true stakeholders in our great game and that collectively we have a voice and power.

nero

I completely understand the decision not to boycott and respect it 100%. Some of the abuse on social media of people deciding to attend has been disgusting.

The hypocritical nature of the boycott, now being seemingly lead primarily by aggrieved Victory fans with nothing to lose is disappointing. It seems basically all the other fan bases were unaware we had been stripped of the right to host in the past. What made it worse is many supporting the boycott then condescendingly attacked and told us to get over the exact situation they are complaining about.

Despite all this I will boycott. I love this club as my literal thousands of posts over 8 years will attest. 8 years in which were some of our darkest days. But sacrificing the greatest day in our history since I have been a fan is worth it to send the only message I can to the APL.

A message that fans are true stakeholders in our great game and that collectively we have a voice and power.
I love your passion and view with full respect for your stance.
i just can't give up on a GF if our team get there. There may never be another time and the APL could be gone next year?
Also,
We had to go to Sydney for our home GF.
Yes City are the team missing out but for CCM it's a another neutral GF which for us selfishly that evens out.

Again I fully respect your stance and won't be arguing back if you fire a few shots.

Note: if we don't make it I won't be going so my comment becomes irrelevant.

JackMariner

I just read today's SMH. In the sport section there is nothing on the A League semis. I half expected nothing on CCM v Adelaide, but there wasn't anything on Sydney FC's game last night either. Plenty of stuff on horse racing, league, AFL, union [mens and womens], golf tennis and even cricket even though its not the season. This game has to do a better job regarding media exposure if it is to grow.
Hey you are hard pressed to see any coverage especially concerning us on SMH site, EVER!. Obviously we are not paying those deep pocketed bastards enough! I did find this back in 2021 https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer...ia-s-shortest-footballer-20210312-p57a6d.html

Last edited:

Hello Sailor

Hey you are hard pressed to see any coverage especially concerning us on SMH site, EVER!. Obviously we are not paying those deep pocketed bastards enough!
I know, I didn't really expect much about US, but I thought there would be a report on their own Sydney FC semi. I was really surprised a few minutes after posting that The Australian's Sports section promoted a story on Niz and what a story it was! Glad I found and shared it. Shame about all of the coverage in the SMH given to the code of rapists and wife beaters.

booney

The SMH's coverage of the A-League has been abysmal ever since they got the rights to Union on Stan.They do report on the EPL and the UEFA League.Also plenty of stories about Sam Kerr and some about the Matildas.

That rag the Tele has better coverage of the A-League but otherwise is such a crap paper it is not worth reading.

JackMariner

Pirate Pete

The SMH made a song & dance about calling the game football.
Then when it was taken over by nine reverted to soccer.
There is no write up about our game on the main page this morning.
Click soccer and then it's the third story.
Vince what's his name reporting a crowd less than was given last night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred