• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Grand Final Tifo

adz

Staff member
Yeah I just logged in as my testing user and looks like some privacy settings (in the user profile) could be set to not allow conversations

Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 4.25.16 pm.png

Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 3.18.11 pm.png

Last edited:

LFCMariners

Thank you to
Mick,
Adz
T
Leigh
Greenlig
Kilsin
Thurbs
Currently at $560.00

Hey fellow Mariners fans,

Jimmy here from the Yellow Army, and I'm trying to get something done for the grand final.
I'm still have a bit of a sore spot after being embarrassed by the jets tifo in 2008. Credit to them it was a huge banner.

For the semi final, we made 33 flags from poplin and PVC pipe, we now have 23 left after that game, as well as having some kids break our extendable poles for the 2x2m flags. I don't know why they did that either.

So, moving onto the grand final, and I've had thoughts about it, but unfortunately, I've been too financially and time poor to do anything about it yet.
This is why I'm coming to you now; I need your support, financially and with man power.

First up, and the priority, I want to make a large banner(s)
In total, this requires.
27.5m wide banner
~105m of golden yellow poplin fabric. ~70m of navy blue poplin fabric.
=$481.25 + delivery if required.

Secondly, I'd like to get to ~100 flags to take down, this means creating another ~76 flags, each flag requiring ~1.4m fabric.
This is another ~108m of fabric in total.
=$297.00
Then the pvc pipes, cutting a $9.15 3m length into two, we'd need 38 of them.
=$347.70

Thirdly, I'd like to get ~1000 streamers for the top bays.
24 pack = $13.49 = 40 packs x $13.49 + delivery
$550.00

Total cost if we do everything (except lettering) = $1675.25

In regards to man power.
There's the sewing, we had 4 lovely ladies help me knock out the 33 flags in about 45 minutes.
It goes without saying that the banner will take a lot longer, there's 20-24 x 7m individual sews here.
On top of that would be the 76 or so individual sews for the flags.
Obviously the more people we get, the quicker and easier it will be to complete this.
I'm yet to finalise any meeting place or time to produce.

Sourcing the fabric may be an issue, does anyone know a fabric supplier that would be able to step up and help us.

Depending on supply, funds and man power the number flags may be scaled down to accommodate.

If you'd like to donate to this project, you can make a bank transfer to:
Phillip James
BSB: 650-000
ACC: 500828218
I'm going to be upfront and honest and say this is one of my spare accounts.
I will donate any left over money to a charity, most likely a football related one.

- Jimmy.
Then when they brought it out in the opening match against us the following season they held it upside down- a perfect representation of their clubs’ fortunes ever since...

Jimmy

An update on where we're at currently, It's honestly been an incredible response from everyone.
The Coast always delivers when it comes to charity.
I do know there's more money been pledged that hasn't made it's way into my account yet.

We've emptied the Gosford and Bennets Green Spotlight of Gold and Navy Blue Poplin.
Sitting at =
104.4m Gold
114.3m Navy Blue
However, some aren't and lengths usefull for the banner, so we're working on securing more.
Once some more money has come in, I'll book the streamers and work on getting some poles for the flags.

One thing we will need is a larger workspace, we used the Mariners meeting room for the flags and it was okay for the small batch, but the banner(s) is going to need a much larger area.
So we're now looking for a large open area we can paint at.
If you know anywhere that we could use it would greatly help, maybe a school or something.

Account.jpg

Archie

Will the tifo be sort of like this where fans will hold it or not?
1papbagmai1le1bosoefq8yo8j.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami