• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Have we reached bottom yet?

turbo

Eleventh bitches.

The lowest point in the history of this club.

We had 3 critical games against lower table opponents and didn’t turn up for any of them, zero points. The jets turned up against us and WSW and took 4 points for their troubles. It was purely a matter of heart when it mattered the most.

FFC Mariner

And quality - last night proved that we dont have any. That game was a 2 or 3 goal clear win for a club well run enough to have signed a striker - we signed Jair

Ironbark

And quality - last night proved that we dont have any. That game was a 2 or 3 goal clear win for a club well run enough to have signed a striker - we signed Jair
This for me. Heart has been missing recently but quality has been missing all season.

turbo

Quite a bit of quality along with a large chunk of our budget was missing friday night or at least not starting due to the performances in those recent matches. If the missing players had put the same amount of effort in we would have a minimum of 4 points from those games. 9 might be optimistic but 5-7 was there for the taking.

Ironbark

We played pretty well the other night - and lost 2-0.

Barring serious luck the only real way out of our 3rd spoon in 4 years is probably with a quality striker. It is unlikely we can play every game at that high a standard and are still unlikely to win even if we did.
It would need to be a decent striker who is out of contract. There are no decent Aussie strikers around and out of contract that I know of so it would need to be a visa spot. Of which we have none free.
So no striker coming this season.

Added to this is the money side of the game is very much going backwards. The league and national team is in massive trouble financially. Crowd and tv viewing numbers are way down, some of the worst in sport. The women's big bash league and netball both have higher ratings. Most major sponsors are pulling out.

Because of this I can't see big investment coming into the team next season either. We are barrel scraping now and genuinely I have seen little to no evidence it's going to improve any time soon. Certainly not this season and quite likely not next.

Soooo, have we hit rock bottom?
Probably, but my question is - are we getting off of rock bottom anytime soon?
I'm optimistic by nature, but pragmatic too. My read is: no, we a stuck here for a good while yet.

Ads

They will need to reinvent the league with a fun reason to go to games.
(BBL - KFC bucket head)

A lot more crowd interactions and investment in big screen and game day experience.

Has anyone ever been to America to the Ice Hockey, Basketball or Baseball?

Although I am against Americanisation, this is what will need to happen to engage Australians. We are very easily distracted combined with lazy.
Will need -
(T-shirt cannons, dance cam, kiss cam, half way shots and cross bar challenges with big prize money, etc)

Watch this space....

AuzDutchy

Are we at the point of throwing wooden spoons on the pitch at every home game for the rest of the year?

What about mailing wooden spoons to the club headquarters everyday?

Tevor

Are we at the point of throwing wooden spoons on the pitch at every home game for the rest of the year?

What about mailing wooden spoons to the club headquarters everyday?
I’m going to attend the remaining games but no CCM hat or shirt, I’m going neutral. Just to watch footy and I paid for the seat.

Ironbark

This image represents CCM since winning the grand final in 2013 (2013!):
downward spiral.jpg
Have we reached bottom yet?

Is there one?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

it's quite sad how many times in this thread we've thought '.....NOW we have......NOW !....NOW!.....i meant......NOW!..........nnnnnnnnnnnnnnNNNNNNNOW!......."

We haven't stopped reaching new lows.

turbo

I’m going to attend the remaining games but no CCM hat or shirt, I’m going neutral. Just to watch footy and I paid for the seat.

If people want to protest but still attend they should do something coordinated like wear red (although green or white might be better for pink round) so there is a clear theme in the crowd that otherwise shouldn’t be there. If enough people do it the media and club will pick up on it.

Ironbark

This thread was meant to wither and die out at some point, not roll on and on forever, surely?

I find it... let's say concerning... that the Have we reached bottom yet thread was created in 2018, and ongoing discussions implies the club has continued downwards overall since that time

And don't call me Shirley.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami