• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"I for one welcome our insect overlords" - The Politics Thread

marvin

Marvin. You lose any credibility and do yourself no credit when you argue using points about a persons appearance and speech.
Do you not want your point of views to be taken seriously and on merit?

Im sorry,
You obviously did not read the facts and reasons I have already stated.

When someone builds up a massive debt, makes deals with greens and independents, destroys the economy but still claims we are the envy of the world but jobs are being lost everyday because she is not looking after the business sector who in fact employ the workforce and than not making sure her promised jobs are there to employ these unlucky people.

Even people getting hired in the mines is slowing down, what happens when China start using Thorium power plants that they are investing billions in ? and than they sell it to other countries ?
Who needs coal ? we are stuffed.

I think it's time to start questioning HER credibility.

Mumbles

I think a Turnbull and Custello combo is the ticket to dig us out of this GFC roller coaster ride.
Custello needs to be made an offer he can't refuse to serve two terms. Maybe he could get the marquee player salary.

I believe the peaks and dips will continue globally for quite a while and we need to rebuild our independence before the mining boom is over.
Whilst mining is keeping unemployment under control to some extent it is starving many other industries of skilled labour. If the manufacturing and construction industries are in ruins when the ships stop coming we're really going to be in trouble.
Retail has it's own challenges competing with online stores who's market share is steadily growing.

We're losing our identity as hard working, die hard and loyal Australians who are turning into a bunch of politically correct soft c#cks who accept mediocrity.
I don't like it.

marvin

I think a Turnbull and Custello combo is the ticket to dig us out of this GFC roller coaster ride.
Custello needs to be made an offer he can't refuse to serve two terms. Maybe he could get the marquee player salary.

I believe the peaks and dips will continue globally for quite a while and we need to rebuild our independence before the mining boom is over.
Whilst mining is keeping unemployment under control to some extent it is starving many other industries of skilled labour. If the manufacturing and construction industries are in ruins when the ships stop coming we're really going to be in trouble.
Retail has it's own challenges competing with online stores who's market share is steadily growing.

We're losing our identity as hard working, die hard and loyal Australians who are turning into a bunch of politically correct soft c#cks who accept mediocrity.
I don't like it.

100% agree !

Forum Phoenix

Im sorry,

I did. Though it's irrelevant. I made a very simple statement, that your arguments should have nothing to do with the PM's hair colour or speech patterns and are lessened by it. Unless the PM having red hair is an important "fact" I have overlooked.
:rolleyes:

style_cafe

Im sorry,

When someone builds up a massive debt, makes deals with greens and independents, destroys the economy but still claims we are the envy of the world but jobs are being lost everyday because she is not looking after the business sector who in fact employ the workforce and than not making sure her promised jobs are there to employ these unlucky people.

Even people getting hired in the mines is slowing down, what happens when China start using Thorium power plants that they are investing billions in ? and than they sell it to other countries ?
Who needs coal ? we are stuffed.

I think it's time to start questioning HER credibility.
Marvin,
Just a few points that need clarification:-
You really need to breakdown the “massive debt” & ask why it is there.
Our country avoided major damage through the financial crisis by spending taxpayer money.
A liberal government would no doubt have done similar.
It should also be noted that the Government was applauded by world leaders for their action.
On the subject of deals, Tony Abbott also approached the Greens & Independents to do a deal so that the Libs could govern, but they saw through him (except for Catter) & went with Labour ( short memory ?)
“Destroyed the economy”. Despite what Abbott says our economy is strong & is envied by other countries.
“Jobs lost” . Sure, plenty of jobs have been lost. It happens all the time no matter which party governs. A lot of those lost jobs are due to modernisation. However, job figures (about a month ago ) showed a rise in employment .Which tends to negate your argument.
Is it the Gillard governments fault if “China starts using thorium power plants.”?
I think it`s time we start “questioning the credibility” of Tony Abbott & the Libs that are making these statement.
PS. I`m sorry you didn`t get my little joke.

marvin

Marvin,
Just a few points that need clarification:-

Our country avoided major damage through the financial crisis by spending taxpayer money.
A liberal government would no doubt have done similar.
It should also be noted that the Government was applauded by world leaders for their action.
On the subject of deals, Tony Abbott also approached the Greens & Independents to do a deal so that the Libs could govern, but they saw through him (except for Catter) & went with Labour ( short memory ?)
“Destroyed the economy”. Despite what Abbott says our economy is strong & is envied by other countries.
“Jobs lost” . Sure, plenty of jobs have been lost. It happens all the time no matter which party governs. A lot of those lost jobs are due to modernisation. However, job figures (about a month ago ) showed a rise in employment .Which tends to negate your argument.
Is it the Gillard governments fault if “China starts using thorium power plants.”?
I think it`s time we start “questioning the credibility” of Tony Abbott & the Libs that are making these statement.
PS. I`m sorry you didn`t get my little joke.

Read my comment to your post I did make a slight change a min or two after I thought about it.

I will break down and reply to your comment.

"Our country avoided major damage through the financial crisis by spending taxpayer money."

Tell me how we avoided major damage through the financial crises, that's just a load of swan trying to bring back voters. Was it because the previous Liberal government had left them with money in the bank ? I believe it was.

School laptops, insulation scheme, solar rebate scheme and the education revelation all were failures and cost the country billions.

If history has thought us anything a liberal government would have controlled spending rather than chuck billions at failed policies. Labor goes into a financial crises, there response is how can we keep the voters so that means spending.

Do these world leaders know the extent of our debt and how we got to this situation or do they just know what Julia was telling them ?

No, they didn't see through them , for a start greens are just another labor so Liberal were never going to strike a deal with them and have you considered Liberal were not going to impose the taxes and legislation that the independents & greens wanted?
The independents just noticed labor was willing to do anything to cling to power, andrew wilkie was tossed aside when they had the numbers so they didn't need him.

Despite what Abbott says our economy is strong & is envied by other countries.

So let me get this straight if we have a 300billion debt and spain has a bigger debt we can run around the streets yelling we are the envy of the world?, spain didn't have money when the economy shifted, we did.

The last official release about unemployment stated unemployment has increased.

Yes because we are not investing in this game changing technology, we should be financing investment. We could be selling the technology rather than buying it.

And ill also chuck in the NBN 50billion+ dollars we are losing right there, brilliant time to start building that and not putting it in the federal budget. Why isn't it in the federal budget could it be we would not have a 1.5billion surplus, we don't know because when they were asked they didn't have a real answer.

Please reply, this is actually a interesting debate.

style_cafe

Reply to Marvin,(above)

Hey Marvin,
Thanks for the reply.
I did see your second response to my joke. Just wondering whether you also got the reference to Pell with Abbott`s Catholic leaning`s?

Response time..

Tell me how we avoided major damage through the financial crises, that's just a load of swan trying to bring back voters. Was it because the previous Liberal government had left them with money in the bank ? I believe it was.

If we didn`t spend, thousands of people would have lost their jobs which would have affected hundreds of thousands & further damaged the economy. It would have created a domino effect like in other countries.
Labour spent money in areas that they thought would save the jobs of the most vulnerable. They also spent in areas that would provide ongoing benefits to the community with schemes that had to be put together very quickly.
It`s true we had a surplus in the bank from the previous Liberal government bringing in taxes like the GST. This created a massive surplus, as the Libs had no idea just how much this would make for them.
Are you saying that Labour did wrong in spending the tax payers money?
What would the Libs have done?

School laptops, insulation scheme, solar rebate scheme and the education revelation all were failures and cost the country billions.

Lol...that`s so funny.
Ask the kids & teachers if the laptops were a waste of money. I don`t remember any school refusing them because they didn`t believe they were needed.
The insulation scheme provided millions with insulation for their homes. These are people that previously could not afford it. It also provided jobs to unskilled workers. Unfortunately there was a criminal element in the companies that were selected from the State licenced businesses that installed the insulation. The people that tried to rip off the scheme or did shoddy work should have been prosecuted by the relevant authorities in those states. It`s my understanding that the Federal Gov provided the funding but the scheme was administered by the states. Please correct me if this is wrong.
The solar rebate scheme once again provided jobs & has reduced emissions with the ongoing benefit of lower power bills for those that took advantage of it.
The education “revolution” was by no means a failure. Abbott attacked the government on the complaints which, when investigated, it was found that only 3% of the recipients complained & only 2% were justified. Negative Tony focused on the 3% complaints but in reality the government got it 98% correct with the obvious ongoing benefits to our kids. If this is a failure as, Abbott tells you, what was the pass mark?
So the reality is these schemes were not failures they were successes. Labour did fail however. There absolutely no need to defend 2% when they had a 98% success rate

If history has thought us anything a liberal government would have controlled spending rather than chuck billions at failed policies

Apart from the failed policies bit this is probably true. I can`t remember any Liberal government spending on nationwide infrastructure or creating any nationwide schemes aimed at providing jobs & an on- going benefit to the community. Once again please correct me if I`m wrong.

Do these world leaders know the extent of our debt and how we got to this situation or do they just know what Julia was telling them ?

I`m not sure of their knowledge on our situation but I doubt they would be applauding our situation if theirs was better.

No, they didn't see through them , for a start greens are just another labor so Liberal were never going to strike a deal with them

So why did Abbott meet with Bob Brown in the days after the election? Maybe to congratulate him...ummm ..I don`t think so.
and have you considered Liberal were not going to impose the taxes and legislation that the independents & greens wanted?
They also may have decided that the taxes & legislation that the Libs were going to bring in were far worse that Labours

The independents just noticed labor was willing to do anything to cling to power, andrew wilkie was tossed aside when they had the numbers so they didn't need him.

And Abbott isn`t willing to do anything to be PM?

So let me get this straight if we have a 300billion debt and spain has a bigger debt we can run around the streets yelling we are the envy of the world?, spain didn't have money when the economy shifted, we did.

Where does the 300billion debt figure come from?

I stand corrected but have to wonder what they would be if the government hadn`t taken the action they did.

yes because we are not investing in this game changing technology, we should be financing investment. We could be selling the technology rather than buying it.
[/i]

Thorium is just one of many technologies being investigated throughout the world. It remains to be seen whether it is game changing or not. Scientists have been aware of it since 1828. Why haven`t Liberal governments invested in it?

And ill also chuck in the NBN 50billion+ dollars we are losing right there, brilliant time to start building that and not putting it in the federal budget.

So when would be the right time to build it? We are so far behind the rest of the world with internet speed. Kids in the back blocks of Korea have faster speed than our top businesses.
Wrong .We are not losing $50billion+. We`re investing it in proven ”game changing technology”.

There`s an old Chinese proverb “only fools & women criticise an unfinished job”

Why isn't it in the federal budget could it be we would not have a 1.5billion surplus, we don't know because when they were asked they didn't have a real answer.

When were they asked? Do you have the Hansard reference or maybe a youtube clip so I can check the answer?Or maybe they used the same 5th rated accounting firm that Abbott used to do his budget that contained a 70billion dollar black hole.

marvin

Good points Style_cafe, Ill try and answer them.

If we didn`t spend, thousands of people would have lost their jobs which would have affected hundreds of thousands & further damaged the economy. It would have created a domino effect like in other countries.
Labour spent money in areas that they thought would save the jobs of the most vulnerable. They also spent in areas that would provide ongoing benefits to the community with schemes that had to be put together very quickly.
It`s true we had a surplus in the bank from the previous Liberal government bringing in taxes like the GST. This created a massive surplus, as the Libs had no idea just how much this would make for them.
Are you saying that Labour did wrong in spending the tax payers money?
What would the Libs have done?

In John Howards last term he started investing in infrastructure when he had the budget he wanted, I can't tell you what he would have done but one can assume less money would have been spent and things would have been done to help business 'that employ people' rather than policies that coursed fires and billions of dollars worth of damage such as the insulation scheme.

Lol...that`s so funny.
Ask the kids & teachers if the laptops were a waste of money. I don`t remember any school refusing them because they didn`t believe they were needed.
The insulation scheme provided millions with insulation for their homes. These are people that previously could not afford it. It also provided jobs to unskilled workers. Unfortunately there was a criminal element in the companies that were selected from the State licenced businesses that installed the insulation. The people that tried to rip off the scheme or did shoddy work should have been prosecuted by the relevant authorities in those states. It`s my understanding that the Federal Gov provided the funding but the scheme was administered by the states. Please correct me if this is wrong.
The solar rebate scheme once again provided jobs & has reduced emissions with the ongoing benefit of lower power bills for those that took advantage of it.
The education “revolution” was by no means a failure. Abbott attacked the government on the complaints which, when investigated, it was found that only 3% of the recipients complained & only 2% were justified. Negative Tony focused on the 3% complaints but in reality the government got it 98% correct with the obvious ongoing benefits to our kids. If this is a failure as, Abbott tells you, what was the pass mark?
So the reality is these schemes were not failures they were successes. Labour did fail however. There absolutely no need to defend 2% when they had a 98% success rate

School laptops were a massif failure, teachers didn't know how to use them, this lead to year 10 kids putting computer games on them and playing Mario Kart all year. A problem was not enough money was spent on people who could maintain them, they were all noobs.

insulation scheme provided homes with cheep insulation, I agree but the government let anyone have a license to instal insulation. I don't know how the financing was distributed but at the time it was a labor government so it would not surprise me. The end result was massive debt that the companies that recieved licenses to do the job but were not qualified or corrupt could not pay back, they called bankruptcy and left the government with a debt.

The solar scheme was a devastating situation, take the NSW labor government for example, they said at the start we can't pay at this price forever and when labor lost the election, Barry discovered they had to cut it because it was losing a huge amount of money. Believe me when it was happening I done the maths, it was going to make 10+ years for it to pay for its self. To me I didn't see the benefit since the NSW government said they wont be able to offer these great prices forever.

The education “revolution” was a failure considering Public schools built these MPC buildings for more than half the price private schools built theirs for which looked better and had more faculties. These buildings were not built on time and ran over budget, for public schools anyway. They were not needed at EVERY school.

Apart from the failed policies bit this is probably true. I can`t remember any Liberal government spending on nationwide infrastructure or creating any nationwide schemes aimed at providing jobs & an on- going benefit to the community. Once again please correct me if I`m wrong.

Agreed, the difference is Liberal help the businesses who employed the people, while these polices created jobs and kept unemployment stable, in the long run we are going to be paying back money for future generations.

I`m not sure of their knowledge on our situation but I doubt they would be applauding our situation if theirs was better.

Not saying theirs is better, we are better than a lot of places, we are still in a bad state

So why did Abbott meet with Bob Brown in the days after the election? Maybe to congratulate him...ummm ..I don`t think so.
and have you considered Liberal were not going to impose the taxes and legislation that the independents & greens wanted?
They also may have decided that the taxes & legislation that the Libs were going to bring in were far worse that Labours

Abbot would have said to Bob, hey want to side with me, bob would have said want to do a carbon tax ?
Tony would have said No, im trying to win an election not get tossed out in 4 years time.
Bob would have said well I control Julia so I wont be siding with you.

My view of the conversation, greens are labor, just with more stupid polices.

And Abbott isn`t willing to do anything to be PM?

Abbott would have done a lot of things to be PM, but simple fact is labor was willing to do anything.

Where does the 300billion debt figure come from?

Okay, ill do a bit of searching for that one but I can remember reading that figure.

These are the latest figures from the National Bureau of Statistics (June)
SEASONALLY ADJUSTED ESTIMATES (MONTHLY CHANGE)
 Employment decreased 27,000 (0.2%) to 11,500,500. Full-time employment decreased 33,500 to 8,065,500 and part-time employment increased 6,600 to 3,435,000.
 Unemployment increased 7,200 (1.1%) to 631,300. The number of persons looking for full-time work increased 7,800 to 438,300 and the number of persons looking for part-time work decreased to 193,000.
 The unemployment rate increased 0.1 pts to 5.2%. The male unemployment rate increased 0.1 pts to 4.9% and the female unemployment rate was steady at 5.5%.
 The participation rate decreased 0.2 pts to 65.2%.
 Aggregate monthly hours worked decreased 19.6 million hours to 1,602.1 million hours.

That just proves my point.
Employment decreased, people losing jobs.

Thorium is just one of many technologies being investigated throughout the world. It remains to be seen whether it is game changing or not. Scientists have been aware of it since 1828. Why haven`t Liberal governments invested in it?

Good point, WHY hasn't previous government invested in it, China has said they will be able to market it by 2020-30 which means, coal because even less profitable than it is now so we are stuffed.

So when would be the right time to build it? We are so far behind the rest of the world with internet speed. Kids in the back blocks of Korea have faster speed than our top businesses.
Wrong .We are not losing $50billion+. We`re investing it in proven ”game changing technology”.

The right time to built it would be when we don't have a massive debt to pay off, why does every house need fiber ?
Schools, Hospitals, Police and so on need fiber, houses don't need it, im using ADSL and can watch live streams of sports and Skype with people, I don't need fiber.

When were they asked? Do you have the Hansard reference or maybe a youtube clip so I can check the answer?Or maybe they used the same 5th rated accounting firm that Abbott used to do his budget that contained a 70billion dollar black hole.

They were asked after the last federal budget it was a big talking point, there answer was its a major project and were doing what a past government done when they were building a dam.
My thought was a dam is a necessity, an NBN will not feed or keep my alive and a dam did not cost 50billion dollars, not a good enough reason Mr Swan.

In the end, want the red hair women out of PM, I will take Rudd back.

marvin

style_cafe,

You also mentioned schools didn't reject the laptops, did schools have a choice, the unions fund the labor party and thus control the labor party.

That's why you rarely see the unions debating with a labor government over pay but when a liberal government is in power they debate everything.

Public schools did not have a say in the laptops.

Just like pubic schools did not have a say in the MPCs built during the education “revolution”, the school near me appealed and rejected the MPC, they were still forced it have it, why didn't the government say okay how about we spend these funds on something your school needs?

style_cafe

Marvin, My apologies,I`m caught up with some legal stuff that needs a lot of attention.I`ll reply ASAP.
Cheers mate.

hasbeen

style_cafe,

You also mentioned schools didn't reject the laptops, did schools have a choice, the unions fund the labor party and thus control the labor party.

That's why you rarely see the unions debating with a labor government over pay but when a liberal government is in power they debate everything.

Public schools did not have a say in the laptops.

Just like pubic schools did not have a say in the MPCs built during the education “revolution”, the school near me appealed and rejected the MPC, they were still forced it have it, why didn't the government say okay how about we spend these funds on something your school needs?

I can confirm some of what Marvin is saying here. A school I know of had great difficulty spending the allotted money based on the guidelines given by the Federal Labor Government. In fact they wanted to spend the money on something beneficial (air-con) but were told they were not allowed. And what Marvin says about the Labor / Unions alliance is no surprise given the Labor party are the political extension of the Unions.

true believer

I can confirm some of what Marvin is saying here. A school I know of had great difficulty spending the allotted money based on the guidelines given by the Federal Labor Government. In fact they wanted to spend the money on something beneficial (air-con) but were told they were not allowed. And what Marvin says about the Labor / Unions alliance is no surprise given the Labor party are the political extension of the Unions.

ooh wait, the union movement set up the labor party to give it a social voice in parliament .thats great, thats what i pay for.
as opposed to the loose collection of sycophants , narcissists and sociopaths that make up the liberal party
to service the needs of psychopaths such as clive palmer, gina rhinehart and rupert murdock.

ooh school spending ooh my.we didn't get our air-con ooh my.
no, schools got infrastructure. not hardware. it supported the building industry . although "my shoe laces were undone" stories like this are common .largely coming out of liberal party dirty tricks department . senator cory bernadi's office.

marvin

ooh wait, the union movement set up the labor party to give it a social voice in parliament .thats great, thats what i pay for.
as opposed to the loose collection of sycophants , narcissists and sociopaths that make up the liberal party
to service the needs of psychopaths such as clive palmer, gina rhinehart and rupert murdock.

ooh school spending ooh my.we didn't get our air-con ooh my.
no, schools got infrastructure. not hardware. it supported the building industry . although "my shoe laces were undone" stories like this are common .largely coming out of liberal party dirty tricks department . senator cory bernadi's office.

A social voice in parliament ?

Unions are there to support the labour force, negotiating pay and working conditions, nothing to do with getting a voice through parliament, they just fund the labour party so the union leaders get what they want.

ill give you an example, Caltex closing the Kurnell refinery, Unions out there telling Barry to stop it ? what can barry do ? he doesn't have the power to stop it does he ? nope but the unions will make a scene about it, sounds like a labor scare campaign to me, never state or federal parliament has the power to stop an industry from closing.

Clive Palmer, Gina Rhinehard and Rupert Murdock employ Australians and if you force them to move overseas millions of jobs are lost, but I guess you have a solution for that ? more hand outs meaning we borrow more from overseas thus increasing the debt?

So your saying it's the liberal parties dirty tricks we are in massive debt ? or maybe is it labors lack of ability to control the budget ?

midfielder

Marvin

It was US media law that forced RM to move and change... as for CP what can I say full marks for being where he is at but he does let folk know ...and GR hhhhmmmm ask her kids...

As for the unions .... as with everything there is good and bad... the same with employers both good and bad...

TBH its a long time since I have seen two leaders who both have huge credibility problems...

true believer

A social voice in parliament ?

Unions are there to support the labour force, negotiating pay and working conditions, nothing to do with getting a voice through parliament, they just fund the labour party so the union leaders get what they want.

Im sure thats a limitation conservites have been trying to impose on the union movement for over a 150 years .as social justice is a anathema to the liberal party.

ill give you an example, Caltex closing the Kurnell refinery, Unions out there telling Barry to stop it ? what can barry do ? he doesn't have the power to stop it does he ? nope but the unions will make a scene about it, sounds like a labor scare campaign to me, never state or federal parliament has the power to stop an industry from closing.

Don’t know where you dredged this stuff up from but .maybe it’s some alan jones thing .cash for comment ? who knows. Australia should maintain some refining capacity as it’s in our national interest.but sadly acting in the national interest has never been a priority of the liberal party

Clive Palmer, Gina Rhinehard and Rupert Murdock employ Australians and if you force them to move overseas millions of jobs are lost, but I guess you have a solution for that ? more hand outs meaning we borrow more from overseas thus increasing the debt?

Any time gina wants to head overseas we’ll all be greatful. so will her kids she robbed of their inheritance. But lets face it. gina’s money came from rio tinto developing australian iron ore assets she stole from her kids , she’s done SFA for australia . as for murdoch he’s a guy that makes money from photographing “celebrities underpants or lack of” and printing it. Or hacking dead kids text and voice mail and broadcasting it to the world .what a man
So your saying it's the liberal parties dirty tricks we are in massive debt ? or maybe is it labors lack of ability to control the budget ?
Once again i don’t know what your talking about. What i said is senator cory bernadi runs the liberal party dirty tricks department on the internet.
The actual debt your referring to is under 150 billion .although you quoted 300 billion im sure you had a typo. Lets even go back a bit further to talk about howards myth of repaying debt. When the hawke /keating governments took over howard as treasurer had wrecked Australia economy with double digit inflation and interest rates as well as leaving a large portion of that debt in real terms for labor..the hawke labor government produced the first surplus since menizes was prime minister .by the time labor left government inflation was less than 3% interest rates below 7% (also not seen since menizes) labor left howard the 4th largest sovereign wealth fund in the world.dispite rageanommics beginning to bankrupt the USA . howard rode a economic cycle and mining boom he had nothing to do with.he did FA with it except run down public hospitals and eduction .drive house prices to 9 times annual earnings .which the building industry is still to recover from.

god help us if tea party tony wins the next election

marvin

Im sure thats a limitation conservites have been trying to impose on the union movement for over a 150 years .as social justice is a anathema to the liberal party.
That didn't really reply to my comment.

That didn't really reply to my comment.

Don’t know where you dredged this stuff up from but .maybe it’s some alan jones thing .cash for comment ? who knows. Australia should maintain some refining capacity as it’s in our national interest.but sadly acting in the national interest has never been a priority of the liberal party

Explain ?
How can Barry stop a oil refinery from shutting ?
Paying them so they can cover the loss ?
Or maybe stamping his feet and saying STOP, please explain how something losing money is the NSW governments responsibility to stop it from shutting down?

Any time gina wants to head overseas we’ll all be greatful. so will her kids she robbed of their inheritance. But lets face it. gina’s money came from rio tinto developing australian iron ore assets she stole from her kids , she’s done SFA for australia . as for murdoch he’s a guy that makes money from photographing “celebrities underpants or lack of” and printing it. Or hacking dead kids text and voice mail and broadcasting it to the world .what a man

You will be grateful will you ?
So if she packs up and leaves were do the Australians working for her go? oh that's right they are unemployed and considering other industries are shutting down im sure they can find a job quickly and im sure those people unemployed are jumping for joy she is gown with there paycheck.
So the fact that she hasn't paid her kids is our problem ?

Once again i don’t know what your talking about. What i said is senator cory bernadi runs the liberal party dirty tricks department on the internet.
The actual debt your referring to is under 150 billion .although you quoted 300 billion im sure you had a typo. Lets even go back a bit further to talk about howards myth of repaying debt. When the hawke /keating governments took over howard as treasurer had wrecked Australia economy with double digit inflation and interest rates as well as leaving a large portion of that debt in real terms for labor..the hawke labor government produced the first surplus since menizes was prime minister .by the time labor left government inflation was less than 3% interest rates below 7% (also not seen since menizes) labor left howard the 4th largest sovereign wealth fund in the world.dispite rageanommics beginning to bankrupt the USA . howard rode a economic cycle and mining boom he had nothing to do with.he did FA with it except run down public hospitals and eduction .drive house prices to 9 times annual earnings .which the building industry is still to recover from.

The actual debt is 150billion, before the NBN anyway, making it 200+ billion and the real debt figure will not be known until the rotten government is kicked out, I had put the wrong figure down, my mistake.

I have already gown through her failures, you can't blame the financial crises on everything I have said and explained before, the debt should be nowere near the size it is today if thought went into policies and spending.

god help us if tea party tony wins the next election

I can see how a liberal government cutting back on spending and paying back debt is an issue,

http://www.debtclock.com.au/

I think it's time to start spending more don't you?

The best thing about this labor government is, even the younger generation is over it, so they will not vote labor and they will tell there kids not to vote labor, labor even run the risk of being third party to the greens.

And the states are making sure unions face tougher rules to fund labor.

Good luck Tony, you have the chance of a lifetime, don't stuff it up.

true believer

yes the NBN is costed at 46 Billion . conservative estimates believe it will return as much as a TRILLION DOLLARS to the australian economy . of coarse the liberals believe the only use of the internet is porn.
any more winners?

marvin

yes the NBN is costed at 46 Billion . conservative estimates believe it will return as much as a TRILLION DOLLARS to the australian economy . of coarse the liberals believe the only use of the internet is porn.
any more winners?

1 trillion dollars LOL

Wow that made my day :) thanks.

Who come up with this figure ?
This number you speak of was calculated when labor done there extensive research into fiber ? oh wait that never happened.

Explain how it will produce a tillion dollars

Im sorry this message is taking so long to send, I don't have fiber.

Also, whatever your upload or download speed is you most divide by 8 which means 100 is really only 12.5 and than your relying on the rest of the world to be running at that speed, but im sure you know that.
Your also relying on the place your downloading from to be able to cope with that speed so your relying on a perfect world basically.

I will also add in, as we download faster developers will make bigger files because there is no longer a need to minimize the file size.

And tell me more about how every house in Australia needs NBN ?

marvin

Also I am still waiting for your answer to this

Explain ?
How can Barry stop a oil refinery from shutting ?
Paying them so they can cover the loss ?
Or maybe stamping his feet and saying STOP, please explain how something losing money is the NSW governments responsibility to stop it from shutting down?

of course the unions/ labor party would lead people to believe the liberal government has the power to stop something that even the federal government can't stop.

&

You will be grateful will you ?
So if she packs up and leaves were do the Australians working for her go? oh that's right they are unemployed and considering other industries are shutting down im sure they can find a job quickly and im sure those people unemployed are jumping for joy she is gown with there paycheck.
So the fact that she hasn't paid her kids is our problem ?

If Gina leaves who pays these people now unemployed ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred