• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"I for one welcome our insect overlords" - The Politics Thread

pjennings

No wonder Morrison did not have his candidate for Dobell with him on his 'photo-conference' on the
Central Coast. He obviously hasn't been told that we don't mention the real agenda.

mf.jpg

So is he a real Coastie - not likely lives in Randwick.

However, on the radio said he knows what it is like to commute an hour for work. That must be a tough commute from Randwick to St Vincents. A commute from Norahville to St Vincents during peak hour is 90 mins - 140 mins so that obviously was not what he was talking about.

FFC Mariner

One of scummos mates parachuted in - bloke is as Sydney as Lucy "I personally stopped the boats" Wicks. Think Emma McB can see him off without too much effort

marinermick

Dobell has really risen in the world when an eminent Eastern Suburbs cardiologist is running as the Coalition candidate-Westfield Tuggerah>> Westfield Bondi Junction

Emma McBride will win in a canter. How can the Libs ever think that a multi millionaire cardiologist from Sydney’s east could ever identify with your average punter from Wyong, Sam Remo or Toukley? Just shows how out of touch they are.

FFC Mariner

Emma McBride will win in a canter. How can the Libs ever think that a multi millionaire cardiologist from Sydney’s east could ever identify with your average punter from Wyong, Sam Remo or Toukley? Just shows how out of touch they are.
He has bought a multi million dollar mansion as a holiday home - you couldn make it up

midfielder

Putting record on the line...

My first time voting was in December 1972, and I voted for Gough as he was ending conscription and I did not wanta go to Vietnam .... since then at every state and federal election bar Bob Carr's first win, and Tony Abbott I have voted for whoever has won.

I am that person both sides dislike... have no party loyalty, think about the vote, and have often found myself in tight seats that change with the government.

Unless something falls from the sky I think its time for a change... not that I am of the belief like I was with say Hawke that this is going to be a great government.... more there time has come and they are making mistakes... so we need a new government especially on Climate Change...

I could always be wrong and last election the APL was favoured to win until the polls closed....

style_cafe

Putting record on the line...

My first time voting was in December 1972, and I voted for Gough as he was ending conscription and I did not wanta go to Vietnam .... since then at every state and federal election bar Bob Carr's first win, and Tony Abbott I have voted for whoever has won.

I am that person both sides dislike... have no party loyalty, think about the vote, and have often found myself in tight seats that change with the government.

Unless something falls from the sky I think its time for a change... not that I am of the belief like I was with say Hawke that this is going to be a great government.... more there time has come and they are making mistakes... so we need a new government especially on Climate Change...

I could always be wrong and last election the APL was favoured to win until the polls closed....
So all the Liberal rorts, the misogyny, the cost of living,the Prime Minister always being too little too late, the lies, being the second highest taxing government in history, the sex scandals, the contracts to their mates, the Biloela family,low wages, BARNABY JOYCE etc didn`t sway you??? :popcorn:

Ironbark

I tend to stay out of politics publicly, and like many I'm a swinging voter based on the times, the plans and the candidates - but with no idea at all about how a labour government would be I can safely say the current government is the equal worst in Australian history. Tony Abbott will be hard to trump (see what I did there?)

style_cafe

My first one was just after Gough and I voted for Labour as I didn`t believe the queens rep should be able to dismiss the Govt (I still don`t).
I voted for Howard the first time but when he lied about not bringing in the GST it cut me to the core and I`ve never trusted the Libs again.
Then after Scabbott and Scomo (I actually liked Turnbull ) it reinforced my disgust with the Liberal lies... :popcorn:

Man Overboard

So all the Liberal rorts, the misogyny, the cost of living,the Prime Minister always being too little too late, the lies, being the second highest taxing government in history, the sex scandals, the contracts to their mates, the Biloela family,low wages, BARNABY JOYCE etc didn`t sway you???
I think many of these issues will not recur if a Federal ICAC with teeth and a broad investigative remit covering past and present politicians as well as public servants is created. I'm still pissed off about the colour coded spreadsheet from their last campaign and always will be until they are prosecuted.

I'm like Middy, a swinging voter. I think rusted on voters are taken for granted.

Wombat

Dobell has really risen in the world when an eminent Eastern Suburbs cardiologist is running as the Coalition candidate-Westfield Tuggerah>> Westfield Bondi Junction
Westfield Tuggerah really does beat Westfield Bondi Jct. Bondi is probably the worst shopping centre in Frank's portfolio. I never had a single retailer survive there.

Emma hasn't done much....or hasn't made much noise BUT she should easily see off the silvertail.

However, if people are voting Scomo v Albo she may be in trouble. But Albo getting covid (and not talking) make increase his chances as preferred PM.

pjennings

The guy is actually triple-vaxxed himself, encourages vaccinations and his wife is an infectious disease expert. He was basically saying he empathised with people that were forced to vaccinate or lose there job. TBH rolling out the desiccated coconut probably did him more harm.

The electorate is much more diverse than when white bread Johnny first held it.

midfielder

Not sure how many others are like me in this regard.

Start of story say early to mid 90's, when talk back radio went from say discussion i.e. John Laws would interview both sides and give them almost equal time and not talk over them to say Alan Jones who became a voice and broadcaster for his side...

So I stopped listening to talk back... and over time I have formed the opinion that many nay most political commentators have joined a side ... there was always bias in the media but over the last say 12 years its become you look for who wrote or spoke about a topic and who do they work for....

Meaning I have largely turned off many in the media and have only a few I read and listen to who IMO are still somewhat neutral.

Its makes elections easier and maybe dangerous to simply ignore many in the media ... however even some of those I listen to still favour a particular but they don't try and hide it or stop them from attacking or supporting a topic or person.

But its were I have landed...

pjennings

Not sure how many others are like me in this regard.

Start of story say early to mid 90's, when talk back radio went from say discussion i.e. John Laws would interview both sides and give them almost equal time and not talk over them to say Alan Jones who became a voice and broadcaster for his side...

So I stopped listening to talk back... and over time I have formed the opinion that many nay most political commentators have joined a side ... there was always bias in the media but over the last say 12 years its become you look for who wrote or spoke about a topic and who do they work for....

Meaning I have largely turned off many in the media and have only a few I read and listen to who IMO are still somewhat neutral.

Its makes elections easier and maybe dangerous to simply ignore many in the media ... however even some of those I listen to still favour a particular but they don't try and hide it or stop them from attacking or supporting a topic or person.

But its were I have landed...
I'm much the same.

There were plenty of commentators that you knew by their familial ties (or even previous professional ties) that would be natural supporters of one side or the other. But they were true journalists that primarily held the government to account over the 3 year cycle while really only commenting on the opposition if they were in complete disarray or we were six months out from an election and it was time to see whether they presented as alternative government. i.e. They did the job of the fourth estate.

Unfortunately, most of the neutral ones have retired or been retrenched. There are a few that still that put up articles via different platforms but I am like you preferring to curate what I hear from people I know that are unbiased.

I sill do listen to the MSM - but at least when I listen/read that I know the real story behind the glib promo and photo op.

Man Overboard

I seem to have stopped further election material mail drops from the local Tory candidate. I returned the only one received in a resused envelope without a stamp. On the leaflet inside I wrote my name, address and a message saying that 'if I get any further material from you I will return it like this, and YOU will again have to pay for the postage on receipt.' Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

I seem to have stopped further election material mail drops from the local Tory candidate. I returned the only one received in a resused envelope without a stamp. On the leaflet inside I wrote my name, address and a message saying that 'if I get any further material from you I will return it like this, and YOU will again have to pay for the postage on receipt.' Fingers crossed.
My junk mail stopped the minute I applied for my postal vote - maybe they get lists?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami