• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"I for one welcome our insect overlords" - The Politics Thread

pjennings

I wonder how the people that voted for the two time liberal candidate 'independent' that beat Keneally feel now after she effectively distanced herself from the rest of the crossbench meaning she has absolutely no clout in the new parliament. Three years coming as a totally ineffective member that will be ignored by the other 150 members of the lower house.

midfielder

Had a look at Sky after dark..... OMG .... they are a copy of Fox in the US... but for the first time in my life we have a major company that has gone beyond simply lying and making stuff up to screaming that they will change the government...

I know Rudd and Turnbull want an royal commission into News ... but as a swinging voter, the actions of News IMO are an abuse of power... kinda like he now believes in fascism ... it's scary stuff ...

I know and understand all media organisation's have bias, but parts of News IMO threaten democracy while all the time claiming its all about free speech...

FFC Mariner

I wonder how the people that voted for the two time liberal candidate 'independent' that beat Keneally feel now after she effectively distanced herself from the rest of the crossbench meaning she has absolutely no clout in the new parliament. Three years coming as a totally ineffective member that will be ignored by the other 150 members of the lower house.
They booted Kenneally. Great outcome
Shoyld never have been allowed to stand.

marinermick

A bit of driving today, so for shits and giggles I decided to listen to John Laws. The amount of salt from those who rang in was glorious. Blaming the Liberal moderates for the loss and urging the Libs to go more right.

pjennings

They booted Kenneally. Great outcome
Shoyld never have been allowed to stand.
That wasn't the point. She is now an independent with no friends. Not the libs where she was expelled from. Not the crossbench and not the ALP. Her electorate is now for all intents and purposes unrepresented. She stood to represent her community and with her first utterance has ensured that they now have no access via the government, opposition or front bench.

A complete failure on her promise on day one.

Edit. Today she seems to have walked back her dismissive approach to the crossbench and now says that she is willing to work with the ALP and the cross-bench.

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

With Potato head/Himmler they will
Yep, Potato Satan is a terrifying thought.

No, people abandoned the Libs because they've gone too far right and are too much in bed with the far, far right and the conspiracist nutters. They need to come back to the centre - that's where the party has traditionally stood.

If people dumped the Libs for White Nation and Palmer's f**ksticks Anonymous, then they'd have a claim that they need to go further right - but look at Qld; they skipped ALP and jumped all the way over to the Greens.

Last election, Australia very firmly said that we don't want policies at all. Maybe we're realising that we actually do.

I'm genuinely concerned that if the economy tanks, ALP will get the blame and we'll have a one-term government with Mein Kipfler ruling us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred