• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Internal squad rift?

northernspirit

Some guy on TWG forum claims to have knowledge about a split in our dressing room due to an Arguement between Lawrie and Gumps - I must say I dont believe it, sounds like chinese whispers to me but i thought id post it anyway

Link:
http://www21.sbs.com.au/wgforum/viewtopic.php?t=105975

this was his post:
Younus

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Mariners, ALL IS NOT WELL! EXCLUSIVE! *gump to sydney fc* 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok i was just talking to my friend who is a hard core marinator and knows some family of players and this n that,,

APPARENTLY there is big big problems inside the mariners dressing room. There was a huge argument between Mckinna and Gumprecht (supposedly when gumpy didnt start away at newcastle though he wasnt injured or anything).

anyway word is gumprecht has been offered a contract by sydney fc 

but its not just gumprecht, apparently there are two clear groups in the dressing rooms (chelsea style).

this explains our fukd up performance.

dont know how true this all is.

btw.. shh... secret

FFC Mariner

Bollocks - if that happened (and groups of people do fall out) I believe Lawrie would move v quickly to defuse it.

cruiser

Greenpoleffc said:
Bollocks - if that happened (and groups of people do fall out) I believe Lawrie would move v quickly to defuse it.
Exactly. These people are well paid professionals. I cannot belive that they would allow a rift to affect their onfield performance to the point of costing themselves the minor premiership.

dibo

that younus guy is a nutbar, earlier this season he was ranting about mckinna being racist for not having foreigners in the team and bagging out 'that albino' matty simon.

would give it no credence unless it came from a better source than that.

dibo

i've not heard any, but certainly somebody stole all the nice orange lollies from another player's ahlf-time lolly cup, and there was outrage all round.

watch this space ;)

jaypee

I remember he was at the game but wasn't in the squad

We had porter in the midfield that game and we had Kwas and Browny on the bench with Matty...

Perhaps Lawrie wasn't convinced he was fit but that aside if Gumps spat it I am sure it was handled way before now. To me its a beat up....

Penrith9103

I was told that Andre was on an Kirk Reynoldson type of deal.

If you don't know Kirk Reynoldson, he played for the Newcastle Knights in the NRL and in his contract had a clause whereby if he was to play a certain amount of games, this would generate a new contract.

Andre, has the same deal, except his game to activate a new contract was our last game against Perth.

If there is a rift between the two, maybe they are trying to force Andre out !!

Marquee

I heard at the end of last season,
gumps and lawrie had a bit of a fallout because he was not getting much game time

it wouldnt surprise me if there was something going on
as its understandable if you werent getting game time
but it really wouldnt be a squad rift

S

striker

a rift between a coach and a player is bad news.......

a similar thing happened with Petrie in his last few weeks with the club.

woodchuck

I can confirm that Gumprecht is on the last year of a three year deal that contained a clause that he needed to play a specified number of games to activate a contract extension for next year.

Gumps started the year playing (out of position) and the team was playing well and picking up three points. We have crumbled at the back end of the season when he was not getting picked. Coincidence?

There are murmurings that Boogard who resigned for two years through the year, has game quotas written into his new contract. If he plays over a certain number of games they have to pay him more money.
Wonder if this explains the recurring groin injuries.

Smells to me that this team is picked on Budget. No wonder it is an unhappy dressing room. No wonder we've taken 5 points from 21.

FFC Mariner

woodchuck said:
I can confirm that Gumprecht is on the last year of a three year deal that contained a clause that he needed to play a specified number of games to activate a contract extension for next year.

Gumps started the year playing (out of position) and the team was playing well and picking up three points. We have crumbled at the back end of the season when he was not getting picked. Coincidence?

There are murmurings that Boogard who resigned for two years through the year, has game quotas written into his new contract. If he plays over a certain number of games they have to pay him more money.
Wonder if this explains the recurring groin injuries.

Smells to me that this team is picked on Budget. No wonder it is an unhappy dressing room. No wonder we've taken 5 points from 21.

Trolls maths, 2+2 = 247

Alicia

I think it's best not to read into any rumors of this kind.  Especially since it's been written by someone anonymously on a website.

We should support the team as a whole and let the club sort out their own business. 

mustapha_beer

striker #9 said:
a rift between a coach and a player is bad news.......

a similar thing happened with Petrie in his last few weeks with the club.

Bloody Scotsmen.....trouble makers the lot of them, if you ask me.....

fedelta

If there was an issue and there was two clear sides in the dressing room, I don't see why the other boys would get involved and go against Lawrie. If there is something going on, it is between Lawrie and Gumps not the other boys.

Omni

I've seen nothing at all that indicates there's a squad rift, or even anything suggesting there's a rift between Gumprecht. Besides that man's grammar is appauling!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred