• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Internal squad rift?

fish

woodchuck said:
I can confirm that Gumprecht is on the last year of a three year deal that contained a clause that he needed to play a specified number of games to activate a contract extension for next year.

Gumps started the year playing (out of position) and the team was playing well and picking up three points. We have crumbled at the back end of the season when he was not getting picked. Coincidence?

There are murmurings that Boogard who resigned for two years through the year, has game quotas written into his new contract. If he plays over a certain number of games they have to pay him more money.
Wonder if this explains the recurring groin injuries.

Smells to me that this team is picked on Budget. No wonder it is an unhappy dressing room. No wonder we've taken 5 points from 21.

little wonder youve made the 1 post you f**kn clown.

M

mariners_4_ever

Alicia said:
I think it's best not to read into any rumors of this kind.  Especially since it's been written by someone anonymously on a website.

We should support the team as a whole and let the club sort out their own business. 

agreed
if there is something going on with the club it should be left to them to sort out

B

bakery5

woodchuck said:
I can confirm that Gumprecht is on the last year of a three year deal that contained a clause that he needed to play a specified number of games to activate a contract extension for next year.

Gumps started the year playing (out of position) and the team was playing well and picking up three points. We have crumbled at the back end of the season when he was not getting picked. Coincidence?

There are murmurings that Boogard who resigned for two years through the year, has game quotas written into his new contract. If he plays over a certain number of games they have to pay him more money.
Wonder if this explains the recurring groin injuries.

Smells to me that this team is picked on Budget. No wonder it is an unhappy dressing room. No wonder we've taken 5 points from 21.
i can confirm you are a wanker champ

dibo

mariners_4_ever said:
Alicia said:
I think it's best not to read into any rumors of this kind.  Especially since it's been written by someone anonymously on a website.

We should support the team as a whole and let the club sort out their own business. 

agreed
if there is something going on with the club it should be left to them to sort out

hmmm...

it's a forum, people will post what they know, and there are certainly tidbits of info that come from inner circles of sorts from time to time, it's only natural that 'outer circles' also will have their say either directly or through proxies on here.

moreover, as a forum everyone is entitled to their view. if it's argued poorly or simply a stream of invective and abuse they'll be found out pretty quickly, but if it's got some substance it'll stand on its own two feet.

i don't think that as a forum we're about to censor views not approved by the mystical tuggerah politburo, but we're also not about to let people pour buckets of shit on the club for no good reason.

woodchuck

The reason for my first post is now that the Premiership is gone ! (Have you all seen who Victory have in goal), is to inform you of certain issues in our club, not to put shit on them, does this upset?.  Try supporting Newcastle in the EPL, do you think those fans leave it up to the club to sort out their business, I don't think so.  Thats right 'OUR CLUB'.  I too am a full member, and one hell of a passionate fan. Gutted too about probably missing out on ASIA.

Just thought seeing you guys are the 'hard core' that you have the right to information, don't worry any other info that comes to hand, we'll just sit on it as to ensure not to burst your bubbles !

Thanks too for those really educated posts, must of taken a lot of thought.

adz

Staff member
woodchuck said:
The reason for my first post is now that the Premiership is gone ! (Have you all seen who Victory have in goal), is to inform you of certain issues in our club, not to put shit on them, does this upset?.  Try supporting Newcastle in the EPL, do you think those fans leave it up to the club to sort out their business, I don't think so.  Thats right 'OUR CLUB'.  I too am a full member, and one hell of a passionate fan. Gutted too about probably missing out on ASIA.

Just thought seeing you guys are the 'hard core' that you have the right to information, don't worry any other info that comes to hand, we'll just sit on it as to ensure not to burst your bubbles !

Take it easy mate - surely you don't expect people to just believe every random that comes in and starts 'informing' of what's [allegedly] going on behind the scenes? Especially when your language is quite vague...

There are murmurings...
Wonder if this explains...
Smells to me that...

Sounds more like guessing than facts.

dibo

adz said:
There are murmurings...
Smells to me that...

indeed - and also bear in mind that most of us aren't two post wonders. woodchuck - if you'd been around for a few years and people know who you are then people might give your views more credence.

most of the rest of us are known by enough other people around the club or the bay that we don't just post random shit without having something behind it, simply because you'll get called on it.

btw - i don't think we're out of asia at all, i think we're in a better spot than sydney to win the league from here, and adelaide may yet do us a favour.

FFC Mariner

adz said:
woodchuck said:
Try supporting Newcastle in the EPL, do you think those fans leave it up to the club to sort out their business, I don't think so. 

Take it easy mate - surely you don't expect people to just believe every random that comes in and starts 'informing' of what's [allegedly] going on behind the scenes? Especially when your language is quite vague...

There are murmurings...
Smells to me that...

I just love the bit about Newcastle in the EPL. Could you provide examples of how the fans have managed to influence the clubs' owners to do something to end their under performance and managerial merry go round?? If you cant, maybe you could just list out all the other privately owned sporting clubs where the fans dont leave it to the owners.

Troll

Deej

actually what he said about Gumps is true I think - not sure if I agree with the comment as to this is why we are losing thou? Owens has looked very good on the right.  Lawrie see's Gumps train everyday and if he feels he's training well enough he'll always put what he believes to be his best 11 on the pitch.

adz

Staff member
this story also suggests that we will see a few starting that don't normally start...

http://foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23058718-5000940,00.html?from=public_rss

McKinna, frustrated by the three home losses, signalled changes would be made.

"Chopping and changing and bringing in new people is not a failing. It's a ruthless selection of the best team that's available," he said.

mariners4ever

woodchuck said:

hey, some people on this forum still believe the mariners can achieve their goal by getting to asia, whether it be by finishing first or winning the toilet seat. so watch what you say on this forum mate

dibo

aussiecross said:
also why is the word "hardcore" flying around so much ??

in the words of jarvis cocker - 'this is what men in stained raincoats live for...'

S

striker

woodchuck said:
Oh by the way, the clause in Gumps contract has now been taken out.....lets see if he plays this weekend.

one cannot take clauses out of a contract......

skilbeck

striker #9 said:
woodchuck said:
Oh by the way, the clause in Gumps contract has now been taken out.....lets see if he plays this weekend.

one cannot take clauses out of a contract......

not unless it was negotiated by both parties for whatever reason

B

bakery5

woodchuck said:
if your the man with the information, has JA signed up for new year? If you cant answer that question, you know f**k all ::)

Deej

bakery5 said:
woodchuck said:
if your the man with the information, has JA signed up for new year? If you cant answer that question, you know f**k all ::)

No he hasn't

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred