• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Internal squad rift?

Deej

JA may very well sign for V4 but nothing is in black and white yet......even if he had you shouldn't be making claims that he has as it would be the clubs moment of glory to announce it! And not on a supporters forum!

jaypee

DJ said:
JA may very well sign for V4 but nothing is in black and white yet......even if he had you shouldn't be making claims that he has as it would be the clubs moment of glory to announce it! And not on a supporters forum!

DJ I agree with your comments but he was asked a question and he has answered it. Lets see if he is correct. I would love it to be announced tonight after a big win

Ravana

A rift in our club? bah!

The thing I like most about our club is that never has there even been a rumor about Lawrie losing his job, even last season when we were at our worst. Not like the victory who had supporters wanting Merrick's head, even though he won them a title last year.

P

Pete

DJ said:

All I will say is archive this quote...and remember DJ said it. ;) ;D

S

striker

skilbeck said:
striker #9 said:
woodchuck said:
Oh by the way, the clause in Gumps contract has now been taken out.....lets see if he plays this weekend.

one cannot take clauses out of a contract......

not unless it was negotiated by both parties for whatever reason

That then becomes a new contract..do you agree or not?  why would they waste time to negotiate a new contract just to take a clause out..... they would go the full monte.

whether he play or not is irrelevant - we are f**ked before we start.

Wombat

The handling of Gumps has been strange this season. Weaker players have often been preferred to him indicating that all is not well between Lawrie & Gumpy.
Hopefully they are both professional enough to put the club first. Both Lawrie and Gumps are incredibly popular with the fans.

Marquee

Well i think Gumps showed last night that he deserves to be in the team
Plays better in the middle IMO
dont know who to replace though

FFC Mariner

yellowfidello said:
Well i think Gumps showed last night that he deserves to be in the team
Plays better in the middle IMO
dont know who to replace though

Thats probably the issue. I also believe he is better pulling the strings in the middle but Jedi and Hutcho have quite rightly cemented those spots this season

S

striker

One thing I noticed over time is that when Gumps in on the field, Tommy's games picks up..as if they depend on each other ... therefore, imo...we either keep both of them for another season or not.  and there is still room for Jedi and Hutch..

midfielder

striker #9 said:
One thing I noticed over time is that when Gumps in on the field, Tommy's games picks up..as if they depend on each other ... therefore, imo...we either keep both of them for another season or not.  and there is still room for Jedi and Hutch..

Agree

bikinigirl

striker #9 said:

. interesting as i think tommy and gumpy have both been in the same situation (at different times) this season - with tommy seemingly out of favour earlier on

. in the interests of setting up the future and the associated salaries it may have seemed even attempting to keep both next season was out of the question

. also considering guys like porter getting limited and out of position opportunities in the past, it could have been part of the plan to keep tommy/gumps out of the starting 11 with eyes on the future - as the season has progressed you could say the cream has risen to the top (no disrespect meant to anybody)

. having owens (and his injury concerns) coming in as a 'big' signing has complicated matters as well - clearly a first choice he has spent a fair amount of time coming in and out, offering up opportunities for the likes of tommy and gumps

. as for a rift - i would think that anybody in the situation would be frustrated and a hunger to play could be viewed as dissent by an outsider

. if the clause did exist, renegotiation may have been the only option (and probably require very little legal input): either remove the clause and take the opportunity to play or sit on the bench because we can't/won't meet those conditions for next season

. and tommy and gumps do have a better understanding than most - probably because they are both good movers off the ball (particularly in a 1-2 type situation)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred