• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Introduce yourself

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
FORUM NAME: Recky

Given Name: Dave

Name called by Family/friends: Recky, Davo, Gonzo, Sumo and oi numbnuts

Background you wish to reveal: Born in Bankstown, raised in Punchbowl AND Booker Bay, played footy (very ordinarily) for a couple of clubs, LIved in Lismore and Brissy for about 9 years, worked the brisbane markets with the Lismore Marinator, at the moment work in admin for a accountancy firm in the city but trying to get on the coast. Also worked for Aussie post for a good while (as anyone who has seen my A.P I.D will tell ya) with a stint outta high school with the Army

MUSIC: Bon jovi, Dragonforce, Hammerfall, Thunder, Motorhead, the mighty Irons...with a smattering of toby keith,and lee kernaghan

INTERESTS/HOBBIES :apart from the Mariners have a soft spot in my heart for GP Bikes , Manchester United, UFC and "Sports entertainment" , collect Doctor Who and various DC hero’s items of interest

TRAVEL: Apart from doing Holland and london this year, i've done a good portion of Aussie, the states, most of western Europe, new Zealand...and 3 Contiki trips (which were just drunken blurs to be honest)

Cheers you lot...UP THE MARINERS....FIRE UP FARKIN!!!!!!!
:pirashoot: :pirashoot: :pirashoot: :thumbup:

Last edited:

dru

Forum name: dru

Given Name: Drew (shock horror it's the same)

Name called by your friends: lots that are not suitable to be published.  :p but generally Drew.

Location: Currently middle of nowhere (Dysart QLD) living in Brisbane on my days off, heart will always be on the coast.

Background that you wish to reveal: Born Gosford hospital, then grew up not 15 minutes drive from Graeme Park attending Point Claire ps and hell hs oh I mean Henry Kendall high school.

Skied from the age of 3 till the age of 14 when I saw the light and took up snowboarding (my family calls it the darkside but I know the truth!) Played Judo from the age of 11 including 3 trips to national titles and 4 trips to Japan, nowadays coach when I can although might have another go at competing this year

Was a Wyoming tigers junior for 2 years, it was an illustrious career  ;)

Partied for two years at UWS kingswood campus while pretending to do a Mechatronics Engineering degree.

Gave up on that and Studied Bachelor of Surveying at Newcastle university, (for the most part of season 1 I was in my final year flying the flag for the mariners, people knew my car by the mariners sticker!)

Worked two years as a mine surveyor in Singleton (I've spent a lot of time in enemy territory!)

Currently working as a Site surveyor on a start up coal mine in sunny middle of nowhere with the most likely outcome being a move back into mining when it starts production.

Interests, football: Central Coast Mariners, Middlesbrough fc, Possibly ebbsfleet united, also after the uefa cup defeat to Sevilla I also have a soft spot for them to do well, eases the pain a little.

Interests, other: Judo, snowboarding and traveling

Music: mostly alternative, mostly bands that few would of heard of. (I have even been thanked on liner notes before.)

Travel: US of A twice, Canada three times skiing (hopefully 4th trip next Giftmas), Fiji, Bali, Japan four times for Judo, London breifly, Austria Snowboarding (was contiki so knows what Recky is talking about), Wellington for an away trip, lots of Australia with football (still need to do a Adelaide away trip!) and NSW judo team (I did do Adelaide with them.)

want to do/soon to do: Samoa this coming May for a wedding. Europe Contiki style so I don't remember a lot of it but while I'm there a game at the Riverside Stadium, Canada and Japan Snowboarding (actually add anywhere with ski resorts except NZ to that list)

Best Football Game You've Ever Been To: International; Australia beating Uruguay to qualify for the world cup, left an exam early had another the next day.
HAL; Sydney FC 5-CCMFC 4 followed closely by the Grand final in Season 1

Costar

This is my first post on this board.  Been having a ball reading over it for the last couple weeks

Forum name: Costar (I teach Drama gedit?)

Name called by your friends (that's us): Alan, Lano, Al (and a variety of others too vulgar to print here)

Background that you wish to reveal:
Born in England and came over with the olds in 1980.  2010 is the 30year anniversary and I will be going back.  If I coincide the trip with a game or 2 (doesn't have to be EPL - but the Toffees at Goodison would be awesome) that would be good.
Married with 3 kids - the whole family is Mariners mad
Lived in the Hawkesbury as a kid after coming to Australia.  When I met the missus to be I moved up to Hornsby. Been on the Coast now for 9 years.
Work as a high school teacher (English and Drama).  Every day is an experience.  Love to listen to idiots winge about teachers etc and then watch them back down when I offer them the chance to come and work with me in the classroom.  The backfilps would get a 10 at the Olympics.

Interests, football and other:
Used to play football as a kid: Richmond Exservies, Hawkesbury Sporties.  Played u/19s at Wollongong Uni as a 20 year old.  Since then I haven't played at all.
Have played  other sports: volleyball, handball, basketball, baseball to name a few.  Now play and coach Softball (there ain't nothin' soft about it!!)
Love listening to music:  but if its in the top 40 it'll usually suck.  Nothing I like more at the moment then some good Bluegrass music; banjos firing away and a good party feel.

Travel:
Went to the USA a couple of years ago.  Been to the NT a couple of times.  Lived in England.  Been to Singapore.  Did a Pacific cruise with the missus for our honeymoon.

Support:
THE MARINERS of course
Eels (it's a long hard road that one)
Anybody playing the Yanks
Usually any English team (an even harder road)
Everton FC (used to be Chelsea, but moved to Liverpool as a kid.  Saw every other tosser was a Liverpool fan, said bugger that and went for the Toffees)
NY Mets (saw them play at Shea Stadium - a dream come true)
Chicago Bulls
San Francisco 49ers

Davo

Forum name: Davo

Given Name: David

Name called by your friends (that's us): Dave, Davo

Background: Raised in Wyoming for the past 19 years, went to Wyoming Primary School then to Gosford High. Currently completing a Civil Engineering degree whilst working with as a Student Engineer in project management.

Interests: Playing football, supporting the Mariners and Liverpool FC, playing the guitar, beach, drinking beer.

marconigirl

Forum name: Marconigirl

Name called by your friends (that's us):Marconi, Lowenna, Loui

Background that you wish to reveal:Lived in Epping until 2004 when I moved to Wollongong for 2 years for Uni. Moved back home for 6 months and then moved to Macquarie Park... Back at uni doing my 4th year of teaching (Queensland Uni Tech) and have been teaching for 3 years. (casual/substitute primary school teacher). I have played indoor soccer for 6 years and as Kevrenor mentioned (below), I played (European) handball and hockey for 4 years.
kevrenor said:
My daughter, Marconigirl on here, was a Handball goalkeeper - crazy lady!  She also was a field hockey goalkeeper - even crazier

Interests, football and other:
Play mixed indoor soccer at Castle Hill and support the Mariners. Love reading.

Travel:
Been all around Australia, but will finally be able to touch roots overseas for the first time in March. Heading over to England, Paris, Scotland and Wales via Hong Kong... :) CAN"T WAIT!!! - hoping to go to a football match while over there, a possibility of a Newcastle game!?!?  :vhappy:

dibo

Forum name: dibo

Given Name: Aaron

Name called by your friends: choose from above

Background that you wish to reveal: Born in Sydney, moved to the Central Coast when I was 8, played football for Gosford City for years, moved to Sydney to study and took up football down here at Sydney Uni, and am still here. Going back to uni to do a Masters this year.

Interests, football: Obviously the Mariners are the be-all and end-all. When the Mariners and Sydney FC were both announced as being in the league, it took me about 30 seconds to decide to follow the Mariners. In my heart the Central Coast is my home in football terms, even though I've actually now lived more years down here. It's just that for every year I was living up there I played football and that's where it all began for me.

Probably would've been a helluva lot easier and cheaper to follow Sydney (what does 40-odd return trips between Stanmore and Gosford buy you?), but they've got buckets of other people who can't be bothered to show up to their games and I think if I followed them I'd probably be the same, but with the Mariners i feel it's like a responsibility to support the club and keep them strong. There's a sense of both duty and affection there that Sydney could never give me.

Everyone seems to have to have an English club, and I find Liverpool's history and traditions are fascinating, and I'd love to see them win the league again some day (though at the moment Arsenal are really playing the best looking football). But I'll also keep an eye on Forest (thanks to my good mate Gialloblu), Grimsby (Mariners connection) and on the continent there's Nuremberg (Meggsy/Heff connection).

Interests, other: Politics like I mentioned before, I like cycling (when I get off my arse to get on the bike, but also to watch on the telly), follow Aussie rules and rugby league and play and follow cricket. I play Oztag as well, oh, and basketball too, but I think with going back to uni something's going to have to give.

Music: On my iPod at the moment I have albums by: Radiohead, White Stripes, Jose Gonzales, Franz Ferdinand, Wolfmother, You Am I, Gorillaz, Midnight Oil, (old) Green Day, Portishead, Led Zeppelin, REM, Kruder Dorfmeister, Gnarls Barkley, Bernard Fanning... I couldn't tell you who I like most out of them minute to minute...

Travel: Not enough I'm afraid, straight from school to uni to work and now back to uni, so there hasn't been a lot of spare time in there. Might have to see if I can squeeze in a bit around the off-season.  ;D

ice_steppa

G'day all
Forum name: Ice_steppa
AKA: Adz, Adzy, Defkid,Burno
im hearing impaired but not completely deaf so i can hear...just not as good as everyone else.
went to Eddies at East Gosford.
moved to central coast when i was five. played soccer for a few years with kincumber then avoca then kincumber then avoca then refereed soccer for four years. gave it up cos i wasnt getting payed enough to put up with all the rubbish that was occuring from the sideline plus i was getting tired of travelling a long way off from Avoca
went to a game to see if it would be any good, it was exciting but the crowd lacked the enthusiasm that is when i sat with a mate in bay 16 is when i really fell in love with the whole mariners atmosphere. i cannot say im a commited fan yet but a highly enthusiastic one at that.
Interest: supporting the yellow team as best i can, the bush, 4wdriving, anything that is worth doing.
Music: Oi, Streetpunk, Ska, SKinhead reggae, Aussie Rock,
currently working at Mighty Helpful Mitre 10.
Travel: travel around a bit, far away as ive been in NSW is Goodooga, voted 2004  Australias borinest  town.

Gen (MarinerMum)

Well Dibo, good luck with your Masters.  Having completed one myself, you will certainly have to give up something.  But make sure you don't give up everything.  Life is too short. :vhappy:

son of weird Dad

I am Neal aka son of weird dad and that is pretty much all u lot need to know but i have a question

if uyou have a lucky rabbits foot how is it lucky as the rabbit it belonged to can't possibly be lucky

Alicia

son of weird Dad said:
I am Neal aka son of weird dad and that is pretty much all u lot need to know but i have a question

if uyou have a lucky rabbits foot how is it lucky as the rabbit it belonged to can't possibly be lucky

Like father, like son??

Atomic

Forum name: Atomic

Name called by your friends (that's us): Chris, Bing, binga, bingo, bingsy etc.

Background that you wish to reveal: I am a physicist, hece the Forum name. 40 years old, raised on a diet of rugby league. Always thought football (or soccer as I knew it) was a game for shielas, wogs and poofters (thanks Jonny Warren). Started to develop an interest in the EPL in the early 90's. My support bounced around several EPL teams before settling on Newcastle (unfortunate name) due to wife's family hailing from there. Favourite player was Juninho (I'm on a roll here  :)) due to his never say die attitude with Middlesborough - yet they still got relegated. Once the Mariners were announced I immediately jumped on the band wagon, mainly due to the national exposure it would give the regoin. The management style of Lyall and Laurie has made me fall in love with the team and I'm here for the long run. I have a Platinum membership as I want to watch the game from the half way line. I'm a financial member of the Marinators becasue I think their exploits add to the atmosphere and their efforts need to be supported.

For those of you that know him, I actually share an office with Floss. I don't know if he's aware that I'm Atomic, but I guess he will soon enough. :headbounce:

Interests, football and other: I've never played football but I'd love to give it a go. I use to have a fair bit of coordination in my younger years and would like to think the old magic is still there.   :pirashoot: Apart from that, work takes up a lot of time, also studying for a post graduate degree and I enjoy riding my harley whenever I can.

kevrenor

Forum name: kevrenor

Given Name: Christopher

Name called by your friends (that's us): Chris, Kev (at least you lot do), Kit, Toph, Dunk, Drunk (have no idea why, but probably play on my surname)

Location: Epping, near the front-line of the southern disputed territories

Background that you wish to reveal: Old bugger - born in Eastwood (same hospital as my 3 children), lived in Gladesville, Russell Lea, Gladesville, Ryde, Epping

Interests, sport/football: Since I was 8 - Played football for 29 years (mainly midfielder) in Gladesville Hornsby FA & Churches comp.  I was a high-jumper.

Now mainly the Mariners, all Australian national teams both mens and womens, and after most of my old clubs folded over the years - also Ryde City Gunners, Bathurst 75, and with the Mariners link I'll grudgingly say Spirit FC. Enjoy watching any football, go down to Illawarra PL for example, and can watch a girl's U10 and still enjoy! Unpaid football media work (see below). No overseas team but interested in Oldham 'Latics (father's town). Fathered 2 referees and 3 players.

Interests, other: My family, non-football wife Joy, daughters Lowenna (marconigirl), Kerensa, and son Owen. Secretary of the Cornish Association of NSW, and I am the Cornish Bard 'Kevrenor' - that is my real name in Cornish. Good wine. Involved in Epping community and international Cornish and Celtic activities.  Interested in ancient and pre-history and loving History Channel and Time Team. Will study history when I (soon?) retire as well as be a fulltime football supporter. God. Politics - same Facebook quadrant as Dibo but not his party. VP of party years ago and a state electoral candidate 7 times.

Music: Celtic, esp. Ragged Band, Alan Stivell, Capercaillie; old Oz rock such as Easybeats, Daddy Cool, etc., Bob Dylan, hippy music from late 60s, and yes Bubble Gum music, plus certain classical composers such as Handel, Sibelius

Travel: Most of Oz south of Tropic of Capricorn (great drive across the Nullabor), Pacific, NZ, Cornwall and various other parts of Europe. USA/Canada in 2009!  My wife and I are Celtic festival groupies.

Quals/Work: Various quals, latest a Diploma of Security Studies (UWS) (yes I cringe at the amateurs at crowd control); paid for Manager, Tendering in the NSW Dept of Commerce but trying to ease into retirement asap

Gav...

Forum Name: Mariners4evachamps

Name called by your friends (thats us): Gav, Boons

Background that you wish to reveal: Well i was brought up playing AFL for 7 years and now i am coaching AFL which i started last year and took the team to the grand final! I have always been pushing for a sporting team on the central coast and ever since the Mariners established i have got interested into to soccer and now i am an addict. the moment that changed my life was my 14th birthday when the socceroos qualified for the FIFA world cup 2006 and john aloisi is my hero due to the fact of that event!

Interest, football and other: Mariners, Man. City, AFL, Sydney Swans, NSW Blues (cricket), manly sea eagles, sports

MARINERS TIL' I DIE!!!!!!!

~Floss~

Atomic said:
For those of you that know him, I actually share an office with Floss. I don't know if he's aware that I'm Atomic, but I guess he will soon enough. :headbounce:

I knew it.

I should've said so before you blew your own cover. I bet you think you're all sneaky 'n clever 'n that. Wrong.

Who else but a Physicist would have a nerdy name like "Atomic"? How many Physicists do you know who support the Mariners?

The gig was up long ago buddy.

Atomic

~Floss~ said:
Atomic said:

I knew it.

I should've said so before you blew your own cover. I bet you think you're all sneaky 'n clever 'n that. Wrong.

Who else but a Physicist would have a nerdy name like "Atomic"? How many Physicists do you know who support the Mariners?

The gig was up long ago buddy.

I fooled you, and I fooled you good, pal!

Bex

Wow, a practical joke by nerdy physicists. That bites hard Atomic. No.... really..... it does. I'll bet floss is gufawwing as we speak.

BTW, I'm entitled to have a crack; I'm a nerdy Mechanical Engineer LOL

Bex

I'm not sure I would be taking that argument up with a bunch of physicists Skilbeck. The next thing you know they'll be whipping out the dark matter or blazar handles and you won't know what hit you......

skilbeck

I used to play in the thursday night 6 a side comp at Mingara but the comp folded. Cant play in it now because I have too much work due to thesis :(

kevrenor

grahamh said:
BTW - I can use 'there', 'their' and 'they're' in the right place. (Sorry, I'll go back to SMH C8).

Ah, a challenge to Dibo!

Sort of welcome ... as you've been with us some time. A Wellington Mariners trip is on my future plans but need a game to fall in school hols for my maths teacher wife.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred