• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Is Trott good enough for the A-League?

pjennings

He is a good shot stopper and did that well last night, He also distributes better than Danny. However, he is nervous about coming off his line. He will get better with game time. If he was starting each time he would be better. In some ways I'd like him to move on to get game time.

FFC Mariner

Sorry Bear, watch the 1st - he was ball watching, 2nd, he dropped the ball at the strikers feet, 3rd went under his body.

1st and 3rd were poor positioning.

My opinion and my right to say so :)

kevrenor

Greenpoleffc said:
Sorry Bear, watch the 1st - he was ball watching, 2nd, he dropped the ball at the strikers feet, 3rd went under his body.

1st and 3rd were poor positioning.

My opinion and my right to say so :)
The goalkeeper is the LAST line of defence.  Can't be solely at fault for all.

john_kowolski

Well it seems that almost everyone agrees he's good enough....and so do I.

With 4 of those 5 goals last night, Danny wouldn't have stopped them either. For a guy who gets no game time, and then no-warning that he's playing, I thought he did damn good.

All I can do is think back to playing QLD at Suncorp in round 3 and then QLD at b/tongue and how good his performance was then.

At least he know knows he's playing this week and now can go into the game with the right mindset. I think the big crowd and big game will do him a world of good

Go Trotty!!

brett

Agree with most of the above but the question is - when Danny goes overseas (possibly after this season + Olympics) is Trotty the number 1 or do we splash the cash for a proven keeper. I reckon Trotty has miles of potential and lots of time to work out the kinks in his game to become a great keeper. Danny as a youngster was a revelation but I would like to see us sign a more senior keeper to start (if he deserves to of course) with Trotty developing and working on doing well when his chances come up as he is now. If the other keeper doesn't perform and Trotty gets his chance then he will develop very quickly as Danny has and that will be great too.

Sacko

I'm with Greenpole on this, his shot stopping has been been good over all, but he is crap at commanding the 6- yard box, I thought he was a fault for most of the goals last night - until I re-watched it this morning and narrowed it down to 2. The goal that somebody mentioned earlier in the tread was QLD at home when he cost us the game.   

T

trottyfan

Sorry...I had to say something....are you people serious?????? Trotty goes in to the game after Danny is red carded, unprepared and with an injury and you bag him???? at least in every other game he has preparation and  a warm up. Give the guy a break...he has to wait, and patiently, while Danny is unavailable/injured/suspended, to get a game. That doesn't happen often...but he is a MARINER. He would be happy to see Danny make his mark. Thank heavens Lawrie is the coach and not Wombat, Greenpoleffc or Sacko. Two clean sheets out of four games must count for something!!!! Thank you to Bearinator for the goalkeepers perspective

Sacko

Yep he is a Mariner and over time may turn out to be an HAL standard keeper, but at the moment imo he just isn't there. Hopefully for all our sakes with the way Allsop and co are playing he will be in for a much quieter night on NYE

Wheresdadspants?

Trott is a true CC Keeper and has my support. He is learning his trade from Crawley and Vuka and is only going to get better with more game time. As far as I'm concerned (not being biased as i am a saratoga boy) Get behind him or f**k Off!!!!

Wombat

Wheresdadspants? said:
Trott is a true CC Keeper and has my support. He is learning his trade from Crawley and Vuka and is only going to get better with more game time. As far as I'm concerned (not being biased as i am a saratoga boy) Get behind him or f**k Off!!!!

Grow up. I couldn't give a flying f*** if Trotty was born on the coast. I care about if he is good enough not to cost us points when he plays.
He has improved at lot from the couple of starts he had last year...and I hope he keeps improving.
He just doesn't fill me with confidence but he IS improving. Personally I think Danny would have saved 2 or 3 or those goals against Bling but I also think Danny is the best keeper in HAL.

T

trottyfan

Wombat, get out of your hole. Worried he can't keep clean sheets. He's played 8 games for the Mariners this season.  4 friendlies in pre season V Gladesville Spirit, Blacktown, Malaysia, and New Caladonia and didn't concede a goal.
Prior to Saturday night played 2 A-League pre season games against Sydney and Queensland and conceded only 1 goal. That's 5 clean sheets. Oh, and by the way, he's played 4 A-League games this season and guess what 2 clean sheets. Great start to the thread! (please refer to opening post). The games he's conceded goals we've been reduced to 10 men both times. Obviously he must be going all right being added to the Olyroo train on squad.
Before you say he only played 45 minutes against Gladesville and Blacktown guess who conceded both goals.
By the way, Danny is also the No.1 keeper in my opinion.

BAD BULLZ

I'm thinking along the lines of brett its a toss up but leaning towards just keeping and starting him .If he's low on confidence now how would he feel danny leaves and he's still sitting on bench i believe when danny parts ways we gotta start trott or relese him and wish him all the best.

FFC Mariner

Is it possible that it is more a lack of confidence to command his area rather than a lack of ability???

At any level, when a back 4 is nervous about whats behind them, they get jittery and are more prone to make mistakes that leave him exposed a bit and the problem compounds itself.

The goal against the Roar and SFC's 1st goal on Saturday were early in the game (for him) and maybe this is a factor.

Watching him play for the Lightning, he doesnt seem to have this problem.

CCM-JAM80

trottyfan said:
Wombat, get out of your hole. Worried he can't keep clean sheets. He's played 8 games for the Mariners this season.  4 friendlies in pre season V Gladesville Spirit, Blacktown, Malaysia, and New Caladonia and didn't concede a goal.
Prior to Saturday night played 2 A-League pre season games against Sydney and Queensland and conceded only 1 goal. That's 5 clean sheets. Oh, and by the way, he's played 4 A-League games this season and guess what 2 clean sheets. Great start to the thread! (please refer to opening post). The games he's conceded goals we've been reduced to 10 men both times. Obviously he must be going all right being added to the Olyroo train on squad.
Before you say he only played 45 minutes against Gladesville and Blacktown guess who conceded both goals.
By the way, Danny is also the No.1 keeper in my opinion.

Brilliantly summed up mate [insert clap emoticon here]

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred