• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Is Trott good enough for the A-League?

Roar_Meat

Just from an outsiders perspective. I think Trotty will mature, he has plenty of time, it takes year to become a great keeper. Many do not peak until there mid to late 20's. I think if you lose Vukovic overseas I would replace him with an experienced keeper. Unfortunately there are not many around. In the meantime you guys should get behind Trotty whenever he plays.

skilbeck

if you remember correctly when the a league started danny was the second keeper to crawley. when he got thrown into the starting lineup unexpectedly he managed to rise up to the challenge. who says trotty cant do the same given a few more starts?

Ursus

I agree with most of what has been said here. To those passionate defenders of Trotty, I do not think anyone is bagging him out. It is a discussion of his strengths and weaknesses.
His main strength are his reactions and ability to move across the goals, he would be a great slips fieldsman. Along with that he has one of the biggest kicks in the A-League.
He will learn to command the 6 yard box and have the confidence to come out and attack the crosses more with experience.
He will be ok in the future, (New Years Eve). :)

EastEnder

trottyfan said:
Wombat, get out of your hole. Worried he can't keep clean sheets. He's played 8 games for the Mariners this season.  4 friendlies in pre season V Gladesville Spirit, Blacktown, Malaysia, and New Caladonia and didn't concede a goal.
Prior to Saturday night played 2 A-League pre season games against Sydney and Queensland and conceded only 1 goal. That's 5 clean sheets. Oh, and by the way, he's played 4 A-League games this season and guess what 2 clean sheets. Great start to the thread! (please refer to opening post). The games he's conceded goals we've been reduced to 10 men both times. Obviously he must be going all right being added to the Olyroo train on squad.
Before you say he only played 45 minutes against Gladesville and Blacktown guess who conceded both goals.
By the way, Danny is also the No.1 keeper in my opinion.

Yeah, Trotty is a legend. I'm worried about the future of Australian football if that dick is olyroos material.

pjennings

Which goal exactly was his fault tonight? For mine Wilko was to blame for at least two. Browny for one and Viddy for another. Really didn't see the last well enough.

Our problem is defence -  pure and simple. We need to have Boogs and Viddy in the middle - tht's when we were at our miserly best. Wilko with either has been shit. When Wilko is there we leak goals.

The guy was awesome last year but maybe he was rushed back too soon after injury. 

Sacko

The "Hot to Trott" chant lasted about 2 mins.
May be we should change it to "Trott to drop"!    

Lets hope Danny doesnt have any more brain explosions else we wont make the semis with Trott in goal never mind the Grand Final!  

Tassiemariner

Bring Back Crawley!!!

Actually Trott couldn't do much about most of the goals.
Brownies fault no.1
wilko's no.3
penalty against muscat no chance no.4
can't remember the no.2 and no.5 goals lol

Aimeee

You can't just say "the bloke is shite!" take into consideration that generally the ball has to get through the defence before it reaches goals. =/

I think it's possibly just a slight lack of confidence, and maybe nerves. He has made some great saves in the past two games. It must have been tough for him being unexpectedly called up after Dannys card.

Not sure if it's already been done during the last few games (apologies of so) but maybe an adaption of 'Danny, Danny What's the score?' should be made for Trotty, I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

FFC Mariner

We have a number of squad players who continually prove that they are not good enough for this level.

Trott is easily the most obvious.

A goal every 16 minutes...........

marinersman

Greenpoleffc said:
We have a number of squad players who continually prove that they are not good enough for this level.

Trott is easily the most obvious.

A goal every 16 minutes...........

To be fair to the boy, he had ansolutely no defence in front of him, take a bow Browny and Wilko.

He was left high and dry by them all night. Not sure it would have been much better with Danny in goals the way our defence was tonight.

I'm still shaking my head. Ten goals in two games?????? Unbelievable and totally unthinkable two weeks ago.

cruiser

Our entire back line, both full backs and goalkeeper, are equally responsible for allowing 10 goals to be scored against us in some 160 minutes of football. Inexcusable. It's difficult not to be relieved that Danny will be back in goal next week.

serious14

Take back what I said a few pages ago and replace it with "Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, no.  Especially with defence like _that_ infront of him".

C

curious

I said last week that Trott had a couple of bad habits that were relative to his inexperience & age, however, last nights result would have been the same with Danny in goal.

Don't be gutless in picking a totally blameless kid as an easy scapegoat for last nights loss.

rosko

The return of Vuko will lift the entire team.... The team will not be holding Trott as a scapegoat for the losses, or the goals against. The team will lift with the return of Vuko...

jaypee

As a Goal Keeper who played at State League level I feel I can talk a little about this.

Trotty had no hope on any of those goals last night (perhaps Archies) but the defending was woeful and Danny would have had the same issues.

That said however, the fact that Trotty is nervous beyond belief does impact your team. There were times when I screamed at him to get of his line and get the ball, command his area etc. When you are defending you need your keeper to take charge and he simply did not.

I am not blaming the kid, again our defence was woeful....

C

curious

That said however, the fact that Trotty is nervous beyond belief does impact your team. There were times when I screamed at him to get of his line and get the ball, command his area etc. When you are defending you need your keeper to take charge and he simply did not.
Agree jaypee. At his age I doubt any reasonable person would expect him to take charge at this level. As a keeper he is still in nappies.

As a comparison, anyone notice the performance of Velapi for Perth on the weekend? Now that's what you call a shocker, & for a keeper they claim to be good enough to back up for Danny in the U23's.

mariners4ever

trott is NOT good enough for the A-League simply he either didnt move his feet/hands and comes off his line way too early.

BTW john filan has stated in the terro that he wants to come back to australia and if we lose vuko we WILL need a GK at the same level as vukovic or even better

mustapha_beer

For me, Trott is not quite at the required level for A-league....but I strongly believe he has the potential to be.

As quite a few of you have already noted, he's a good shot stopper, but has to learn to be more commanding in and around his penalty box. Cross balls, in particular, are one area he has to work on. This was evident in last week's loss to Bling. Last night, I don't think he could have done much about any of the goals, though....

Like I said, if he works hard and builds on what he already does, then I think he could be a viable replacement for Danny. Problem is, it's not like we have the luxury of breaking him in gently.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred