• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Big Al

Meerkat

So the announcement is a synthetic pitch and some other funding IF labor wins the state election

IF elected…

Yorkshire Mariners FC

So the announcement is a synthetic pitch and some other funding IF labor wins the state election

Nice start. When is the major announcement?

Ironbark

Can anyone confirm if this is actually the 'big announcement'?

Potential funding to support the community if an opposition government is elected hardly seems like something a commentator would be dropping.

Charlie1

Yes it’s good news if it happens but I wouldn’t call it a major announcement. A major announcement to me is something that is actually going to happen or has happened.

pjennings

• the bookies think the ALP are a good thing

• Labor
  • Coalition
  • Greens
  • Any other Party

Which is why the LNP really have to match it or surpass. That way whoever wins the club wins.

Tevor

• the bookies think the ALP are a good thing

• Labor
  • Coalition
  • Greens
  • Any other Party

The opposition leader may not even retain his seat with the cashless gaming card opposition he now has. I find the announcement pretty underwhelming to be honest. Would have preferred Harper not to have mentioned it and got me excited.

pjennings

The opposition leader may not even retain his seat with the cashless gaming card opposition he now has. I find the announcement pretty underwhelming to be honest. Would have preferred Harper not to have mentioned it and got me excited.
Does that matter. It is the commitment from the favourite party for the next election to putting $3.7million into our region - specifically football in our region.

A player or coaching announcement would have been unsettling (bringing in an available major player - given no major Australian player is available) and would have been both disappointing and underwhelming. What sort of announcement were you expecting that you would think was not pretty underwhelming?

Tevor

Does that matter. It is the commitment from the favourite party for the next election to putting $3.7million into our region - specifically football in our region.

A player or coaching announcement would have been unsettling (bringing in an available major player - given no major Australian player is available) and would have been both disappointing and underwhelming. What sort of announcement were you expecting that you would think was not pretty underwhelming?
Underwhelming does not mean I don’t think it’s positive. Other than some kind of political influence why did it have to be mentioned during last nights game? New sponsors, affiliation with NU, the list goes on for what would be better than an opposition party promise.

pjennings

Underwhelming does not mean I don’t think it’s positive. Other than some kind of political influence why did it have to be mentioned during last nights game? New sponsors, affiliation with NU, the list goes on for what would be better than an opposition party promise.
New sponsors would not be bring in $3.7m to football in our region. And our affiliations with OS clubs like Sheffield United, Everton and even with what is probably our forerunner Northern Spirit with Rangers have always delivered underwhelming results

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami