• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners beat Newcastle 3 - 0 !!! See it, feel it, have it...

S

soccersensei

(KINDLY REQUEST - if you think this thread is rubbish, thats cool, please just ignore it.)

Ok, I just can't help but feel some irony in the fact that the team we put the most effort/focus into, also becomes our bogey team... and I'm interested in seeing what may happen if instead we put all (well... at least most maybe Smiley) of our bogan bashing energy into positively visualising the Mariners succeeding instead.

A load of absolute cobblers, yeah maybe, perhaps probably, yet quantum physics does show a clear relationship between thought and the creation of matter... and while its also far from provable in terms of "manifestation" or that any such practices definitively work in any way whatsoever.... many great minds, athletes and leaders swear by it.
So I'm personally willing to waste a minute a day on even a 1 in a billion chance that it could make a difference in the Mariners getting over the line on the 10th

So hears all we do...

For one minute a day - preferably between 6-8pm - visualise a 3 - 0 victory to the Mariners.

It can do stuff all harm except waste 1 minute a day of our time each day.

To visualise...

See first the stadium, the crowd, your friends and now the players on the field...Hear the noise...
Now summon up that feeling of what it feels like to be there...
and now imagine us either 3 in front or scoring the third goal...
See it on the scoreboard... The whistle blows...
WE WIN!!! 3-0!!!!
And now IMPORTANTLY, let yourself now bask in the feeling, as though it actually has just happened.

This should only take approx 1 minute.

Lastly if you could just reply with a x 1 - then a x 2 etc... just so I can know if any, how many people are actually manking the effort and giving it a crack, that'd be awesome  :thumbup:

GO YOU YELLOWWWWW :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead: :eek:verhead:

Visualising - Mariners beat Newcastle 3 - 0 !!!

x1

Jeff (LouMacari)

What a great 1 minute that was! Thanks Sensei, and the third goal was scored by none other than M. Simon and now he's a local legend loved by one and all. It was so real that I wanted to book my  grand finals tix but then remembered they aren't on sale yet! ;)

LFCMariners

Even if it doesn't work on game night, it will be a nice way to pass the time in between. I'll keep you updated.

S

soccersensei

serious14 said:
Have you been reading 'The Secret' by any chance??    Shame on you if you have.  :p

LOL,
Serious, No, but did see the movie awhile back.  I was an international athlete, and also in some other work I've done over the years we have been made to use visualisation exercises . I'm still out to vote myself. But I try to have an open mind. And hey!!! C'mon, if it's good enough for the Governator...? :p

skilbeck said:
Well crazier things have happened than a 3-0 win in a situation thats close to impossible

Crazy sounds good to me!

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
What a great 1 minute that was! Thanks Sensei, and the third goal was scored by none other than M. Simon and now he's a local legend loved by one and all. It was so real that I wanted to book my  grand finals tix but then remembered they aren't on sale yet! ;)

Hahahahah!!! Thats great Jeff!!! Now all we need is to have you plugged into some kind of giant neural brain scanner and project your mental images across the entire central coast! Hope your very pure of thought mate! :D

Hey, You've inspired me!
I'm starting a, "When will Matty score? And what will the headline be? thread!
Should be a few laughs in that one!

BJ said:
Even if it doesn't work on game night, it will be a nice way to pass the time in between. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks BJ, nice way to look at it.

LFCMariners

x1

It was Bluetongue, I was in the middle of Bay 16 and we were all chanting 'YELLOW ARMY' in the second half with a 2-0 lead when the ball is run up-field by Gumps, only one Scum defender in sight when Gumps crosses to Matty who takes a mighty shot, Covic dives too early and misses it as the ball sprays into the net. We're on our feet as one banners high and fists pumping, screaming every obscenity under the sun at the quiet Scumdron as the ground announcer says 'The score Central Coast Mariners 3, Newcastle Jets 0, goal scored by number 2, Matty Simon'. My heart is pumping, adrenalin soaring as I yell to my mates "We're in the Grand Final!" Bay 16 leads the chant '3-0 TO THE MARINERS! 3-0!'

Follow my lead.

S

soccersensei

YEAAAAAHHHHHHH BAAABBBBBBYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
YEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Now thats what I'm talking about!!!!

:vhappy: :fireup: :vhappy: :fireup: :vhappy: :fireup: :vhappy: :fireup: :vhappy: :fireup: :vhappy: :fireup:

LFCMariners

x2

This time it was down the opposite end to where we all stand, right in front of The Scumdron. It was a Mariners corner and we were all singing 'COME ON MARINERS! COME ON MARINERS!' The ball went in and found boots, it went up in the air a few times before we see John Aloisi head it, Covic dives and the net shakes. We all go crazy as the players embrace on the field and the ground announcer says 'Goal scored by Central Coast Mariners number 25, John Aloisi. Central Coast Mariners 3, Newcastle Jets 0. We're all singing '3-0 TO THE MARINERS!'

Come on people, this might be a stupid waste of time in the end but let's get on board. If it works, wouldn't it be worth it?

S

soccersensei

BJ, I'M LOVIN YA WORK!!!!
Utterly uplifting!!!

Fishsdad said:
Beautiful!  Worked for me!  Family wondered why I couldn't wipe the smile off my face!!

Fishsdad, LOL, now thats the spirit people!!!

:fireup: :piralaugh: :fireup: :piralaugh: :fireup: :piralaugh: :fireup: :piralaugh: :fireup:

cdev_19

10th February, Blue Tongue Stadium, Gosford.

Mariners lead 2-0 in the 88th minute...

Simon Hill: "You just wonder whether that extra touch of class the Central Coast have shown may pay dividends in the final moments, especially as the Mariners have the impetus... Aloisi, Simon, Simon...... MATT SIMON HAS DONE IT AGAIN! WHAT A GOAL BY MATT SIMON. 3-0 Mariners! Oh, it's a wonderful moment in Gosford! Matt Simon has come off the bench, and won a place in the grand final for the Central Coast. Magical stuff. Enjoy the moment. Drink it in."

Hey, why not? It has happened before  ;)

rev

x4 (?)

Now I'm no big fan of "The Secret" etc but ... the images came quickly.  Two goals scored by the Mariners in the first 20 minutes, leaving the stadium on tenterhooks through the rest of the match.  The crowd is getting really loud, rowdy.  Aloisi slots home an easy looking goal with about 10 to go.  Huge cheers from the crowd.  With a couple min to go, Simon gets a beautiful touch and nails one right into the right top corner.  The goalie has hardly moved and is stunned.  The crowd goes NUTS, 4-0 and no way can Newcastle can claw it back.  The Newc players are floored.  There is a lady crying near me with happiness - Matt's mum, so proud of her boy.  Cheering, cheering for the rest of the game.        - Just what I saw, made me feel DAMN FINE :vhappy:

S

soccersensei

BRILLIANT POSTS!!!
Forget the secret. The real power is in being positively fired up and the great feeling you get just by reading posts like Cdev, and Rev's!!! MWAHAHAHAHAAhahahahahahaaaaaa....
I MAYBE IN THE MINORITY, BUT I'M LOVIN IT!!!
:piralaugh: :fireup: :piralaugh: :fireup: :piralaugh: :fireup: :piralaugh: :fireup: :piralaugh: :fireup:

~Floss~

I hope it also helps that everyone else is reading through these posts for a minute a day, visualising what they are reading

LFCMariners

This time, it's late in the game, score 2-0 and we're all nervously awaiting the prospect of extra-time and (shudder) penalties. The ball is up our end of the field, Joel Griffiths makes a play for it and boots it out. It's a corner to the Mariners. "YELLOW ARMY! YELLOW ARMY! YELLOW ARMY!" We get the throw in, Gumps crosses it and Holland, in trying to deflect the ball, gets a hand to it. The ref not only sees this, but does the only thing he knows is fair. PENALTY KICK. Bay 16 are all on our feet cheering. Then who should step up to take the penalty but.......ALOISI. A Scum fan runs through the back of our bay and yells "Enjoy watching him miss, gypsies!"

Aloisi puts the ball down on the line. Our hearts are all racing. He lines it up. The ref blows his whistle. Eyes going crazy, Johnny runs in and strikes the ball. Covic dives left. The ball sails right. This time it gets inside the net. GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAL! Fists pumping all around the stadium, streamers thrown in the air, banners and flags sky-high as Covic slumps on the ground. I jump off my seat, run up to the walkway and yell at the retreating Scum fan. "3-0 TO THE MARINERS- BACK TO THE TRAILER PARK WITH YOU, GYPSY!"

S

soccersensei

Hahahaaaaa!!!!!

BJ your an absolute champion!!!  :thumbup:

Floss, yeah absolutely! Probably several minutes if your at all like me, because I keep re reading them...  ;D
just can't stop reading Revs and laughing with joy and delight!!!
I sat next to Matty's mum one game, so that post really Grabs me by the heart strings!

Jeff, that makes me very glad! Mariner Girl, Oooorahhhh!!!!  :eek:verhead:
Foreign... YEAH BABBBBYYYYYY!!!!  :fireup: :fireup: :fireup:

Now I'd like to contribute one back in recompense for all the wonderful inspiration and enjoyment that you guys are giving me... so get comfy...and now cast your minds to...

Sunday... it's game day... and not just any game day... IT'S A MAAAAAAJOOOOORRRRR MARINER SEMI FINAL... with the NEW PREMIERES, TAKING ON THE NEWCASTLE JETS!!!!

The atmosphere is astounding...historically so! And as the Plate is presented, a resounding standing ovation is given by the entire park... The boys herald Lawrie! As do we!!! And now as the boys go in once more... you can already sense it... something is brewing...

The game begins...
and from the first whistle you now understand.. it's one of "those" games... The TRULY MAGIC ones. The Jets are playing well, very well... but it just doesn't seem to matter... Every touch... every Mariner ball... is precision, intent and consummate skill. The yesterdays have faded... Gone is the knife edge between hope and fear... and in it's place... REVELRY. Pure, laughing, screaming, delighting, revelry... Tommy is running absolutely amok... cutting runs almost at will - all over the park... again and again Hutch feeds balls and controls play...effortlessly, seemlessy... Mile is INDOMITABLE, Wilko and Boogs INSPIRED...but VIDDY is lord, the master at his forge, reminding any and all, who he is, and why he is... an honorary tribute for a life given to football.

The effort from the backs and mids is majestic! And like a battle horn ringing out over the fray...it calls out over blue tongue... and the strikers rise gleefully to the challenge!!

Sash wrong foots... cuts open the defenders... looks to shoot... then suddenly swivels and lays off a picture perfect assist... Johnny SLAAAAAAMMMMMS HOME!!! ABSOLUTELY BURIED! This is not a day where he will tolerate the tales of lesser men to tear at his legend... His will is dominant... Overiding all... His passion beyond infectiuous... and now as the battle resumes... SASHO!!! He turns... pivots... NETS!!!! HE'SSSS FIREDDDDD!!!! SO BLOOODYYY FIREEDDDD!!!! THERE ALL SO BLOODDYYYYY FIREDDDDDD!!! As all 11 pile upon each other in front of the home faithful.

Half time reads... 2 - 0 to the Mariners....

As the second resumes.... the Jets are fighting hard to lift...and lift they do... they pressure and attack, again and again and again... but again and again they are shut down and denied...It is ballistic physical chess.

And now...65 minutes on the clock...Sash has run his heart out... and Matty Simon enters the fray... 2 - 0... till suddenly TOMMY!!! Defenders take heed of what happens if you allow Tommy room on the ball, as with GLORIOUS skill he slices through and slots home his due reward. BLUE TONGUE IS GOING NUTS. Yet even then the Marinators sacred Choir still rings out above the din!!! Uniting the masses, and willing their warriors on! Yet... now the Jets score....... and the board reads 3-1. A beautiful piece of play. No one argues... no one disagrees... they have been outstanding... and no one can help but love this game, the outcome almost forgotten for the sheer joy of it all. Almost... but not quite...

The Jets are really trying to lift now, they can smell it... they believe they can do it...
and perhaps they can... until the fateful 83rd minute arrives...

It' a moment all will remember... one frozen in history... 30 years from now people still like to tell the tale of how they were there, as they sit beneath the immortal photo hanging in the Kendall...

For in the 83rd minute... off a beautiful Kwassie cross... Matty Simon heads home.

PEOPLE ARE GOING CRAZY. Some see a three point buffer and a grand final beckoning...
others see yet another great goal by their chosen team... 
yet still others, those who know best... they hear the horns of destiny, that herald the birth of a striker...
One that has battled and fought through dark paths and treacherous ways... to finally make his stand
and at last emerge... triumphant and gleaming into the blue tongue light.

FULL TIME WHISTLE. COSMIC ROAR!
PEOPLE ARE CRYING AND DANCING IN THE AISLES. YOU'D THINK IT WAS THE TOLIET SEAT!!! IT'S NOT... NOT YET... BUT BY GOD IT BLOODY FEELS LIKE IT!!!!!

4-1... Minor Premier's... and still, incredibly, the Grand final beckons...

COOOOOOOOOMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE ONNNNNNNNNN YOUUUUUUUUUU YELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:verhead: :fireup: :eek:verhead: :fireup: :eek:verhead: :fireup: :eek:verhead: :fireup: :eek:verhead: :fireup: :eek:verhead: :fireup: :eek:verhead: :fireup:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred