• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Centre of Excellence is GO!

Bex

Anyone heard about any funding problems? I heard a rumour and I don't know whether its got any basis.

dibo

first i've heard, but given the state of finance markets i wouldn't be that surprised if working capital was somewhat more difficult to source than when these plans were first hatched.

Bladesman

Bladesman said:
As I have said before don't hold you breath for things to happen.  SUFC has always being really good at "having plans" or "having a vision" but not so good on the excecution and delivery.  We have finally seen a couple of decent players in Kyle Walker and Kyle Naughton come through the SUFC academy which in itself was built several years behind schedule after great fanfare when first announced although it will be interesting to see how long it is before we cash in and sell them off (alhough to be fair they do look like they should be playing in the premiership).

There have been plans for a Hotel/Casio or some sort of development at Bramhall Lanes as far back as I can remember and although the ground has improved significantly it has come to nothing.

We always seem to have Chairman who think they are Abromavich and talk like him when it comes to investment in the team but always ends in tears and quite often jail for the chairman as it turns out they are crooks!

We were promised big $ from sponsorships from China which is why we bought a team there, we appear to still be waiting.

McCabe has been there a long time now and the club probably has more stability than previously but it certainly doesn't have the $$ to invest and sells off it's best assets regularly - selling Beattie as Christmas was a prime example and very similar to the Mariners selling Jedinak.  We should have got automatic promotion but the goals dried up as we replaced him with a number of substandard players.

I'd like to be more optimistic but having suffered for 30 years as a Blade I am far too realistic now.

Hope it is not the case but as I posted a while back I would not be suprised.  I was rightabout the 2 Kyle's though both sold to Spurs.

clarence

Bex said:
Anyone heard about any funding problems? I heard a rumour and I don't know whether its got any basis.
Bladesman said:
Bladesman said:
As I have said before don't hold you breath for things to happen.  SUFC has always being really good at "having plans" or "having a vision" but not so good on the excecution and delivery.  We have finally seen a couple of decent players in Kyle Walker and Kyle Naughton come through the SUFC academy which in itself was built several years behind schedule after great fanfare when first announced although it will be interesting to see how long it is before we cash in and sell them off (alhough to be fair they do look like they should be playing in the premiership).

There have been plans for a Hotel/Casio or some sort of development at Bramhall Lanes as far back as I can remember and although the ground has improved significantly it has come to nothing.

We always seem to have Chairman who think they are Abromavich and talk like him when it comes to investment in the team but always ends in tears and quite often jail for the chairman as it turns out they are crooks!

We were promised big $ from sponsorships from China which is why we bought a team there, we appear to still be waiting.

McCabe has been there a long time now and the club probably has more stability than previously but it certainly doesn't have the $$ to invest and sells off it's best assets regularly - selling Beattie as Christmas was a prime example and very similar to the Mariners selling Jedinak.  We should have got automatic promotion but the goals dried up as we replaced him with a number of substandard players.

I'd like to be more optimistic but having suffered for 30 years as a Blade I am far too realistic now.

Hope it is not the case but as I posted a while back I would not be suprised.  I was rightabout the 2 Kyle's though both sold to Spurs.

I don't know that two other stakeholders in this project (Wyong Council and Wyong RSL) would be too happy to hear of any major delays & might even push for completion or surrender of the project, allowing the RSL to take the land to anyone else who may be interested and also free up capital works money that the Council may have budgeted, onto other works that will happen.

Mariners have better be careful with this project, it is not ALL them - and local government and an RSL are not going to wait 10 years for the Centre to spring up.

Particularly the RSL, as it can now prove there is worth in that block of land that Club Tuggerah sits on.

BTW I have heard nothing about the project being delayed or stalling. NOTHING.

midfielder

Bex said:

May I suggest you remove the post as unless you have an excellent source ... posting like this can do a lot of harm... this is how rumours start ... a post on a fans web site asking if their are financial issues and you have heard that there are helps no-one... just on the financial issues I am sure I read somewhere that the financial side of things was sown up some time ago...

clarence

midfielder said:
Bex said:

May I suggest you remove the post as unless you have an excellent source ... posting like this can do a lot of harm... this is how rumours start ... a post on a fans web site asking if their are financial issues and you have heard that there are helps no-one... just on the financial issues I am sure I read somewhere that the financial side of things was sown up some time ago...

I'd vote to leave the quote in.

Bex was asking if anyone had heard of something. He even questions any basis of any rumour.

More a question than a statement.

dibo

it's a web forum - unsourced and sometimes even scurrilous gossip is what the place is made of. reasonably well placed peeps are on both sides of this one, i'm more interested in what's said than censoring.

Arabmariner

dibo said:
it's a web forum - unsourced and sometimes even scurrilous gossip is what the place is made of. reasonably well placed peeps are on both sides of this one, i'm more interested in what's said than censoring.
+1

If the gossip's not here it's in the pub with the same end result.......rumours!

Bex

Yeh, I feel it should be left up. Although the responses here indicate there is no funding problem. My source is perhaps questionable anyway, so I guess that puts it to rest.

clarence

Bex said:
Yeh, I feel it should be left up. Although the responses here indicate there is no funding problem. My source is perhaps questionable anyway, so I guess that puts it to rest.
ALL rumours would be put to rest once the development reaches the stage where they can start digging up ground and pouring foundations etc. Til then we all wait and see as the development goes along the process with Council.

midfielder

On the transfers & Rumours thread it says that Lothar Matthaus is looking for an A-League spot ... reckon he would make the right person to head up the academy ... HMMMMMMMMmmm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...000940,00.html

Germany's 1990 World Cup winning captain Lothar Matthaus has announced his intention to coach the new Melbourne A-League franchise from 2010.

Matthaus, 48, revealed to his friend, former Adelaide United striker Paul Agostino, that he wanted the A-League on his extensive coaching CV.

"I am definitely interested in coaching an A-League side," Matthaus said.

"I am keen to coach a club which has ambitions and a good set-up which has scope for a good future."

Agostino, who works as a talent scout with Apertura Sports, revealed he had instigated talks with new Melbourne franchise director Joe Mirabella on Matthaus's behalf.

Mirabella, who has made a fortune through his lighting business, will this week take Matthaus's proposal to the board and new chief executive Scott Munn.

"Lothar Matthaus is a footballing legend," Agostino said.

"He has said the reason he wants to coach in Australia is not because of financial interest.

"He wants an opportunity to be part of a good future footballing culture.

"His presence will give the game another massive boost, not to mention the potential sponsors who want to get behind his good name."

And Matthaus's influence may help secure Melbourne's second A-League club -- known as Melbourne Heart -- a major sports investment company as the club's prime sponsor, Agostino added.

Matthaus and Agostino were rivals in the Bundesliga's battle of Munich in the 1990s.

Matthaus headlined Bayern Munich's line-up, while Agostino was TSV 1860 Munich's key striker.

Matthaus, regarded as one of the top 10 best midfielders of all time, had recent managerial stints with Rapid Vienna in Austria, the Hungarian national team, Partizan Belgrade in Serbia and Austria's Red Bull Salzburg after winning FIFA's World Player of the Year in 1991.

pjennings

Great player - so-so manager. Sounds like he just wants to tick the HAL box on his CV. My choice BTW is Johan Neeskens. I know he is at Galatasaray - but I can dream.  :)

scottmac

Suspended
http://www.theworldgame.com.au/a-league/kewell-reality-for-a-league-231267

Will we get to see Kewell play in the A-League when his career in Europe comes to an end? Probably not.

Id love to get a squad of 12-year-old kids, the age I was when I got spotted, work on them, teach them what I know, have them until they are about 16, and see them progress, said Kewell of possible future plans.

Those in the business of COE stuff please make the call.

dibo

Poor Kwas. He finally gets a clear run at the left midfield role again, and then we have Wolfry Wolfe show up, and rumours of good old H to tha muthafarkin K...

neverwozza

marinermick said:
elevated position said:
Kewell moving to Blacktown by the Sea.Gods waiting room.

You know what, as silly as it seems, I have heard the same rumour round the traps.

Have I missed something - is he rumoured to be moving to the peninsular?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred