• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Centre of Excellence is GO!

Atomic

neverwozza said:
marinermick said:
elevated position said:
Kewell moving to Blacktown by the Sea.Gods waiting room.

You know what, as silly as it seems, I have heard the same rumour round the traps.

Have I missed something - is he rumoured to be moving to the peninsular?

Not moving to the peninsula... perhaps BUYING the peninsula ;)

bjw

bjw
dibo said:
Poor Kwas. He finally gets a clear run at the left midfield role again, and then we have Wolfry Wolfe show up, and rumours of good old H to tha muthafarkin K...

good old... henry kendall??

offtheball

Bex said:
Oh, I should also mention that construction should commence start of 2010 and finished by early 2011.

Is this still the case or has it all been put back indefinitely.

Tuggerah United are advertising a 20 week summer soccer season, beginning late October. That takes you into March.

Gopher of Pern

offtheball said:
Bex said:
Oh, I should also mention that construction should commence start of 2010 and finished by early 2011.

Tuggerah United are advertising a 20 week summer soccer season, beginning late October. That takes you into March.

Why would the summer soccer interfere? There is plenty to do, they wouldn't have to start with the fields.

~Floss~

It was said a while ago that the Mariners will be training there by the end of this year... I took that as meaning there will be enough field/s that can be used throughout the construction process.

offtheball

Gopher of Pern said:
offtheball said:
Bex said:

Why would the summer soccer interfere? There is plenty to do, they wouldn't have to start with the fields.

Maybe you are right just asking.

Gopher of Pern

I'm not sure, but I think Tuggerah will still be using those fields there next winter season, so any work on the fields will have to wait for this time next year. But I would have thought the fields will be in a different location anyway.

Bex

The intention was to get a couple of playing fields built first but its subject to DA approval. November was mentioned if all went smoothly, but in this type of devlopment work things rarely go smoothly, so I wouldn't be surprised if the fields were ready closer to autumn.

kevrenor

Hmmmm....

"MARTIN COLLINS: Andrew Main | October 08, 2009
Article from:  The Australian

THEY don't go in for cargo cults much on the NSW Central Coast, but the exit of soccer-mad British investor Kevin McCabe from the board of Valad Property Group has thrown a shadow over some big plans he had for the Central Coast Mariners.

McCabe had been about to take a big equity stake in the Valad trust in place of a debt repayment to him, but the Valad board chose instead to launch a $49 million rights issue to pay him back but leave him with less control.

You may remember he sold his Scarborough business to Valad in 2007 at the top of the boom for $2billion, and Valad's been struggling to pay him out in full ever since.

Everyone involved has been far too busy worrying about the Valad equity raising to discuss the fate of a plan McCabe had to build a $60m complex at Tuggerah on the Central Coast, related to the Mariners Trust he established in December last year. Partners in the Trust include Mariners executive chairman Lyall Gorman and club shareholder Peter Turnbull.

Work had been intended to start in December on the complex, which may include a five-star hotel and a shopping complex. There are lots of loose ends unresolved, since McCabe would have to buy out John Singleton's management rights on the Bluetongue Stadium at Gosford, but the new payout deal looks likely to give McCabe, chairman of Sheffield United, much less reason to keep coming to Australia since he's off the Valad board. He does, after all, own football clubs in China and the United Arab Emirates. Watch this space."

FFC Mariner

2+2=77

Work had been intended to start in December on the complex, which may include a five-star hotel and a shopping complex. There are lots of loose ends unresolved, since McCabe would have to buy out John Singleton's management rights on the Bluetongue Stadium at Gosford, but the new payout deal looks likely to give McCabe, chairman of Sheffield United, much less reason to keep coming to Australia since he's off the Valad board. He does, after all, own football clubs in China and the United Arab Emirates. Watch this space."

Nothing to do with the CoE whatsoever.

Ranyen

FFC Mariner said:
Nothing to do with the CoE whatsoever.

I think this paragraph does:

kevrenor said:
Everyone involved has been far too busy worrying about the Valad equity raising to discuss the fate of a plan McCabe had to build a $60m complex at Tuggerah on the Central Coast, related to the Mariners Trust he established in December last year. Partners in the Trust include Mariners executive chairman Lyall Gorman and club shareholder Peter Turnbull.

No funding = No CoE

dibo

What relationship does Valad have to the Mariners Trust?

Correct me if I'm being dumb and misreading -
* McCabe is exiting Valad (with debts owing paid out to him)
* The CoE is to be funded through the MT
* The journo is implying that McCabe's exit from Valad will mean he's less involved with the MT, so raising the dough for the CoE may be more difficult

I can't read anything in there that makes me think that anything's changed on the CoE. It could be better for it (McCabe's freed up a whole bunch of capital) or it could be worse (the end of McCabe's relationship with Valad will mean he's less interested in Australian adventures).

At Bramall Lane there's also the 'Valad Stand' under a sponsorship deal with the property trust. Presumably that will end, but you'd also imagine another sponsor might come on board. That said, Bluetongue Stadium kept its name under the sponsorship agreement even after Singleton sold the brewery to CCA. Valad also lost nearly $1.5 billion last year...

But I simply have trouble without some further information seeing why he'd now be disinterested. He participated in a Q&A with SUFC fans where he was asked about the relationship:

Audience: In relation to the Australia link you mentioned, what's the benefits? Because we've not really heard anything from Gold Coast Mariners, we've not got anything from them as we can see at the moment, what benefits...?

KMc: The Mariners is slightly different again. Their Deputy-Chairman is a friend of mine in Australia and he asked me to look at designing for them, sorry, planning not designing, an Academy that would run on similar lines to Sheffield United's. The end reason being this hot-bed of Aussie talent where we'd obviously get the first pick and we've just had one of their lads across, this young goalkeeper who's been with us. So we started looking at this chunk of land with him, coming forward with ideas which led to them... not buying, but having an agreement to develop this land where the owners were a Working Mens' Club in Australia. So there's an expectation that in the years ahead when this Academy's built, there'll be a natural flow of youngsters that will come to Sheffield or if not Sheffield, that we, because they're part of the family, will have the opportunity to sell those youngsters into Europe and share the proceeds.

pjennings

So McCabe had $56.5million extra in cash. How is this a problem?  ???  I wish I had such problems!!!

dibo

There is an unanswered question - what's the relationship between Valad and the Mariners Trust? It's not clear that there is a relationship, but if there is a significant relationship, then there may be a problem. There's just nothing out there that suggests that there is aside from McCabe's name being linked to both.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred