• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Centre of Excellence is GO!

Wilsons

The Mariners are providing the coaching staff and technical programs for the rep sides ... for free.... the best coaching these teams have ever had... for both male & female.. I would go further as I know a fair bit about association rep coaching in that no other association in NSW will have coaching to even come close to this... THIS IS A MAJOR ACHIEVEMENT for both the Mariners and the Association...

The profit if and when it comes is when we find a new Amini and he cost us nothing and is sold overseas...
The coaching staff will come from existing CCFC coaches. Tony will write the program in line with FFA curriculum. Damien will oversee it and the CCF will provide one paid staff member to assist in the management of the program. The teams for boys will play in Super League for 2012.

midfielder

The coaching staff will come from existing CCFC coaches. Tony will write the program in line with FFA curriculum. Damien will oversee it and the CCF will provide one paid staff member to assist in the management of the program. The teams for boys will play in Super League for 2012.

So the ad is BS .... http://ccmariners.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=40360

If this is so it is very sad ...

Wilsons

So the ad is BS .... http://ccmariners.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=40360

If this is so it is very sad ...
"Whether or not the ‘dream’ is fulfilled, every player needs to look back fondly on life at the Academy, and feel that the experience was a positive one".

The Mariners have had an Academy for years, chock full of local and sydney based talent.Same age groups no result! This Academy has produced nearly 0! Players like Amini are rare, development does not stop at 17 or 18.
The CCFC coaches have been the coaches at the Mariners Academy for years as well. The kids used to train three nights a week. But the Mariners dropped tha Academy because it was not making money. The NYL squad will continue to be full of 18 and 19 year old players playing senior mens Premier League or Super League and players selected from the institutes. So with the Central Coast having no seniors how will it be possible that the coast has players in NYL? A 17 year old playing 18's will not get selected! The compettition is not good enough!! The good 17 -18 year olds play under 20's or first grade, Like L. Bozanic, Amini,Benni, Duke etc

dibo

The Mariners have had an Academy for years, chock full of local and sydney based talent.Same age groups no result! This Academy has produced nearly 0! Players like Amini are rare, development does not stop at 17 or 18.
The CCFC coaches have been the coaches at the Mariners Academy for years as well. The kids used to train three nights a week. But the Mariners dropped tha Academy because it was not making money.
The academy has barely produced anything, but you're sure that it was dropped because it was making no money? I'd have thought it'd be dropped because it barely produced anything. If it's not working, stop doing it.

The NYL squad will continue to be full of 18 and 19 year old players playing senior mens Premier League or Super League and players selected from the institutes. So with the Central Coast having no seniors how will it be possible that the coast has players in NYL? A 17 year old playing 18's will not get selected! The compettition is not good enough!! The good 17 -18 year olds play under 20's or first grade, Like L. Bozanic, Amini,Benni, Duke etc
So what do you think is needed? An affirmative action plan that puts coastie kids who aren't good enough from an academy that barely produced anything into the NYL regardless of whether they're up to it so that at least we can say it's a pathway for local kids?

Do you think it might be better to run the affirmative action from the bottom and at the same time overhaul the pathway to drive the standards higher through the youth age groups so that by the time they're NYL age they're actually up to the standard required?

Or is there a third option I'm missing here?

Wilsons

In the last ten years Central Coast senior teams have been the final showcase for.

Josh Mitchell- won the under 20's GF and then played First Grade and got spotted,signed for the Jets
Beau Busch- Played 20's then first grade and then got signed by Manly then Sydney FC.
Brad Porter- Played for NSWIS then played Coast First Grade got signed by CCM.
Nigel Boogard-Played First Grade then got signed by CCM.
Matthew Trott- As above
Matt Simon- As above
Mattt Bingley-Signed for Sydney FC.
Also Clarkey, Browney and coach John Mac.
That is better than any other association in NSW.

style_cafe

In the last ten years Central Coast senior teams have been the final showcase for.

Josh Mitchell- won the under 20's GF and then played First Grade and got spotted,signed for the Jets
Beau Busch- Played 20's then first grade and then got signed by Manly then Sydney FC.
Matthew Trott- As above
Matt Simon- As above

Wilsons that`s a broad statement.

The Central Coast has an enviable record of producing top quality footballers.

However,I wouldn`t say it`s the better than any other Association.
I`m not sure about other Associations as I don`t have records or lists of who came from what Association readily available.

I do know however, that in the past ten years the following ex-Macarthur juniors have represented Australia:-
Brett Emmerton -ex Gunners Utd
David Carney -ex Eschol Park
Matthew Thompson-ex Campbelltown RSL
Paul Reid -ex Campbelltown RSL
Heather Garriok -ex Leppington
Sarah Walsh -ex Gunner Utd
Leena Khamis -ex Macathur Rams
Taryn Rockall -ex Macarthur Rams
Adrian Webster -NZ ex-campbelltown RSL

add to that Shane Cansdell-Sherriff (Shrewsbury Town) Socceroos training squad
Evan Berger -Perth Glory
Kosta Barbarouses -ex Brisbane
Plus others that have played various Premier League,Superleague etc. & you can see the value of dedicated training programs for both male & female from Associations.

dibo

CDSFA (Tim Cahill) have done pretty well, as has MWFA (Lucas Neill), SDSFA (take your pick from millions of Marconi, Sydney United and Bonnyrigg juniors who've gone on to the Socceroos), and half your list is from Newcastle, so we should be crediting NNSW. But now I'm really just being an arse.

My point, now that I'm coming to it, is that this is primarily designed to give a more 'professional' development path, and it will deliver that. It will presumably deliver better players and your list above will be extended with new products coming through. If it's working properly, many local kids will be coming into the NYL side playing NSWPL and eventually into the CCM side in the HAL.

That, after all, is the entire point of the Centre of Excellence.

style_cafe

Macarthur have always been a great region! our beaches are better!
Believe it or not Macarthur has some nice little beaches albeit on river banks,they also have some sons-of-beaches which is why I now live here...lol

Dibo
My point, now that I'm coming to it, is that this is primarily designed to give a more 'professional' development path, and it will deliver that. It will presumably deliver better players and your list above will be extended with new products coming through. If it's working properly
There is absolutely no aguement about what you say here.I would imagine that even if it wasn`t working 100% the results would still be an improvemnt due to the better flow of information & training to the coaches

many local kids will be coming into the NYL side playing NSWPL and eventually into the CCM side in the HAL.

This is the sticking point.
If there is a guarantee that the NYL side to play in the NSWPL is 80% local content then we have representation.
However,previous MARINERS press releases state that players will come from all over Australia to train at the COE & presumably play with the Mariner`s.If this is so,then places for local elite player`s will be limited,thus driving them out of the district or back to a lower level of football(local Premier League)
Also there will be no under 20`s unless the Mariners Premier league have a second team,which presumably will also consist of NYL squad members.

The arguements are not aimed at the MARINER`S.
It`s CCFA that have passed on their obligation to develop football to the highest possible level that have let the kids down.

Apologies- I haven`t worked out the multiquote system yet..

Atomic

Ironic as to the change of fortunes of sport.Once a dominate country in world tennis we now are ripping up the courts that sprang from that period and replacing them with "soccer" fields. This juggernaut(as wobbly as it is) is only starting to get going and with "Football" we will have a national team in the FIFA ranked top 10 by 2020. This will start with AUS winning the 2015 Asia Cup at home.

A national team in the FIFA ranked top 10 by 2020? It's going to take the Matildas 9 years to move up one spot? B)

Did someone say 9 years??? More like 9 hours... lol

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=f/fullranking.html

starfish

Matthew Trott- As above
Matt Simon- As above
Josh Mitchell - Swansea junior came into Central Coast side at the expense of a local player
Beau Busch - Newcastle junior - ditto -
Nigel Boogard - Newcastle junior already signed by Mariners and loaned back to Central Coast taking the place of a local player
Matt Bingley - Granville junior - already ex NSL and an international when played for the Coast at the expense of a place for a local junior
Brad Porter - local junior, ex AIS (not NSWIS) same situation as Boogs - already signed by CCM and loaned back.
Andrew Clarke and Damien Brown both left the coast to play elsewhere 10 years ago before being signed by the Mariners at the start of the A League.
Matt Simon and Matthew Trott - both local juniors straight from Central Coast State League to CCM.

Not too convincing an argument to justify the retention of a senior side as a showpiece for local talent. Fact is - anyone who is any good at senior level has left Central Coast to go elsewhere before coming back to the Mariners or to other A League or overseas clubs. Apart from the ones mentioned above - Andrew Redmayne, Jamie McMaster, Jess Van Stratten, Oliver Bozanic, Brady Smith, Chris Payne, Joe Gibbs, James Holland, Reece Caria - all made it to A League or overseas as Central Coast juniors who left the coast and played somewhere other than Central Coast Coasties/Lightning/FC under 20s and seniors.

This is what the new set up with the Mariners is all about - keeping kids of this standard on the coast.

And as far as what comp they will be playing in next year - applications for ALL FNSW State League competitions were called for yesterday. The application by the Mariners for their Youth Academy teams to play in the Premier Youth League has the support of everyone who matters. And the appointed coaches will be the best who apply - not necessarily current CCFC or Mariners Development (Holiday Camp) coaches - although many of them are very good and well qualified, there could well be a few surprise applicants.

And as a footnote - the article in the Express Advocate showed CCFC coach Peter Preston to be a class act with his reaction, despite being understandably disappointed - unlike some of his players and a minority of supporters. It quotes CCFC captain Jamie Lobb as saying he represented Central Coast since he was 10. Isn't this the same Jamie Lobb who couldn't make the Central Coast rep sides and played for the Lakers instead?

Wilsons

was the lakers not based on the Central Coast?
If you read my post I was listing the players that had used the Central Coast as stepping stone to the A league. Who would the Mariners loan Porter too? I wont pick apart the errors in your post, most of it was good,factual stuff.

Wilsons

We have de-railed this thread somewhat! It does appear that the Mariners may be in Premier League next year and that they will have to field seniors/nyl and under 20's. A week is a long time in football!

elevated position

That information was out long ago with the announcement of the new PL comp.If other than the addition of the NYL teams all participants of this comp will have to have a 20s side as well.(existing rules)
Appreciate your disappointment but from where I sit there appears a genuine step to create pathways and take away the onus of the local areas.

Just as an aside .maybe junior teams will now be picked on ability and not who you know.

Wilsons

That information was out long ago with the announcement of the new PL comp.If other than the addition of the NYL teams all participants of this comp will have to have a 20s side as well.(existing rules)
Appreciate your disappointment but from where I sit there appears a genuine step to create pathways and take away the onus of the local areas.

Just as an aside .maybe junior teams will now be picked on ability and not who you know.
You have no idea! That information was not out long ago! the FFA and Football NSW are undertaking a review of Football and it is an attempt to change the structure of Rep football as we no it!
http://footballnsw.com.au/index.php?id=621
Ask the Mariners what comp they are in next year? Look at the press release!
There were no changes scheduled for 2012.... Hopefully that may change.
Just as an aside. If anyone you know was not good enough to make sides I would say it is because he or she has limited ability or has not achieved there potential yet.

bilo

My understanding is there will definately be no 20's or 1st grade next year. That includes even the Suggestion that the Mariners NYL may play in winter. I am reliably told the Mariners are applying for Super Youth league for 2012 and will look at PYL in 2013 when Seniors and Juniors are uncoupled. It comes down to costs. Even if FNSW push the cost to play seniors in FNSW will mean it wont happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred