• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Centre of Excellence is GO!

Bex

I think it was only two tennis courts ripped up. Probably where the futsal courts are going I would say. Excavators were still working on Saturday morning in the drizzling rain.

There's still a number of tennis courts on the northern side of the club.

Forum Phoenix

Good deal signed to do all the construction, incorporating a strong sponsorship contribution to the Mariners.

We have a GREAT club.

And in some critical regards, genuinely the best.

midfielder

Just back on the association and the Mariners agreement IMO it is as PT says a landmark agreement... for the A-League as a whole not only the Mariners...

I sent this to the roar last week and have hung off posting on here just to ensure my yellow and blue blood does not cloud my judgement [well not to much anyway]... my argument is centred around connecting the association park teams to an A-League side [yes I understand it is harder for the Flying Circus given the number of associations]

My overall tho's ...

Big structural change coming for A-League

During the week, the Central Coast Mariners signed a landmark agreement with their association. The Mariners will take over the training for the association rep sides, both boys and girls, from under-11 to under-18.

Why is this agreement so important for football in Australia?

SBS has long argued that in Australia there is no structural pathway from a local park side to the A-League. Countless articles over the years have come from not only SBS but other football writers on the urgent need for top quality coaching of our juniors.

The agreement will ensure that from October 1 this year, CCF’s representative youth league programs will be integrated into and form a key component of the Mariners’ ambitious academy initiatives, meaning the association rep players will know they have the best junior coaching in Australia.

To ensure top quality in the coaching, the Mariners are looking to appoint coaches of the highest order to undertake this training and technical program development. Here is link for the coaching positions now going at the Mariners. It’s worth reading if only to see how serious the club takes these coaching positions.

The key to football connecting to the broader football family is through the associations and their park teams. There can be no doubt about this.

How to connect is difficult. However, by taking over the training of rep teams, developing individual player programs and providing coaching excellence, it will do two very important things for football:

• Improve the technical skills of players.
• Help stop the drift of players to other codes because of crap coaching and club politics.

These two steps will have everyday folk understanding there is a place for their children in football and there is a path to the A-League. This ensures every park team president and their committees support their local A-League club or club they have been assigned too.

I hope this is the start of other clubs doing similar things as this is without doubt an Australian first – even in the old NSL days, the NSL clubs only poached association players, but they never trained them.

kevrenor

Central Coast Mariners Sporting Campus – Ground Breaking Ceremony

On Thursday 28 July, 2011, Central Coast Mariners will hold a media opportunity at Club Tuggerah, celebrating the commencement of work on Stage One of the state-of-the-art Central Coast Mariners Sporting Campus.

In attendance will be Minister for Sport, Indigenous Employment and Economic Development, and Social Housing and Homelessness, the Honourable Senator Mark Arbib.

A number of other dignitaries will also be present, including FFA Head of the Hyundai A-League, Mr Lyall Gorman, Central Coast Mariners Chairman, Mr Peter Turnbull, Managing Director of North Construction, Mr Tim Cornish, Federal Member for Dobell, Mr Craig Thomson, and Mayor of Wyong Shire Council, Mr Doug Eaton.

Central Coast Mariners will have a strong presence on the day, with Head Coach Graham Arnold, Assistant Coach Phil Moss, and players Matthew Simon, Josh Rose, Mat Ryan, Patrick Zwaanswijk and Brad Porter, in attendance.

Development of Stage One of the Central Coast Mariners Sporting Complex includes the construction of a ten court 5-a-side Soccer Centre, an Aquatic and Hydrotherapy Centre, a tournament sized football field, an Amenities Block, as well as associated infrastructure.

All these facilities will be made available for public use as well as for Mariners Hyundai A-League, Youth and Academy players, providing an elite training and recovery base for the people of the Central Coast.

midfielder

Further to my post above pertaining to the Mariners and Association agreement ... a Jets supporter posted the following ..... this must have hurt a lot...

Griffo

This is a very good development. I don’t know all the details of all the national football associations around the world, but it seems that while the national body might theorise and produce a document outlining their nations football philosophy and direction, it is left to the professional clubs in how to train the nations future players in that philosophy. The Mariners seem to be in this postion to emulate the premiere football nations now using the FFA’s National Curriculum.

The Mariners have always seemed to cop some flak, but with the Centre of Excellence, their youth scouting, academy and now this, they are leading the way for a pro club setup and youth development. I expect some HAL clubs will only try and play catch-up when the Mariners in 10 years time produce and sell footballing talent by the bus load.

Right now for the Jets, I think their youth team will play in the NNSW Football premiere youth leagues outside of NYL season, but NNSWF associations still running and coaching their respective youth teams. The Jets would need to take over coaching of, say, Newcastle Football Association youth rep teams…and have academy infrastructure and facilities…and a more formalised academy (if they don’t have one?)…just to be neck ‘n’ neck with the Mariners.

I look at the trots track out back of Ausgrid and wonder how many small sided football, training pitches and small stadium they could fit between there and drain for the Jets own Centre of Excellence…

Green with envy Mid…very green

adz

Staff member
This is great. Hopefully one day we will be able to produce our own talent from all these programs and facilities, keep the best coming through to the Mariners, and sell off the others, still top quality players... kinda like the fish that John West rejects ;)

scoober

In attendance will be Minister for Sport, Indigenous Employment and Economic Development, and Social Housing and Homelessness, the Honourable Senator Mark Arbib.

No wonder the government is stuffed..... this guy has more titles then the queen!

scoober

followed the mariners from day 1 but who is david King? never heard his name mentioned before. Whats his story?

dibo

Chairman of FutureSchool it seems.

http://ccmfc.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=137&page=1#1907

style_cafe

I was at Murray Park (Glasgow Rangers Centre of Excellence) not long after it opened.
It was a cold (3degrees) night with the rain pissing down.
We were there for over 2hours playing Rangers youth team.

In a 14million pound complex (approx $50m today) they didn`t even have a bloody shop!!!

I hope the Mariner`s didn`t forget....

Roy Law

No wonder the government is stuffed..... this guy has more titles then the queen!
Should have kept Kate Ellis as Minister for Sport - I reckon we would have won the WC22 bid if she had rocked up in her leather dress and killer heels...

Attachments

• There is only one Kate Ellis.jpg
    There is only one Kate Ellis.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 38

midfielder

The SBS clip inspired me to have a boo peep at the COE ... not much to report aside from its fenced off and their are quite a few heavy earth moving machines and their is a big hill of soil at this stage... but not for much longer ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred