• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Centre of Excellence is GO!

Big Al

I went to the youth game on Saturday. That's the first time I've been there to see a game.
I was surprised at how much of a slope there was on the pitch. Being a "Centre of Excellence"
I think I was expecting a nice flat pitch. But then again it is the Mariners...
Apparently it was excellent till it wasn't anymore

I said same thing in youth thread when watched WSW game.

style_cafe

I went to the youth game on Saturday. That's the first time I've been there to see a game.
I was surprised at how much of a slope there was on the pitch. Being a "Centre of Excellence"
I think I was expecting a nice flat pitch. But then again it is the Mariners...
Was it an excellent slope?:popcorn:

Tevor

"South-west Sydney is set to emerge as a candidate for A-League expansion and the home of Australian football's national teams with plans for a boutique football stadium to be unveiled this week."
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...um-for-aleague-expansion-20170322-gv44az.html

Wasn't that part of Mike's plans, that the Socceroos used the centre of excellence for training?
Just another hat in the ring for expansion, southern Sydney would be a stronger candidate IMO. Everybody probably wants the national team to use their facilities as there would be good $$$ in it.

Pirate Pete

I would have thought Fairfield would be too close to Parramatta for another team anyhow.

Much nicer for the National teams to train at our place anyhow.
Nice stroll on Terrigal beach, or nip over the Fairfield RSL for Chicken Schnitzel?

dibo

Parra will become a north-west side, Fairfield a south-west side. It works reasonably well with the train lines, etc.

pjennings

It's a hour walk from the station to the showground. Can't se it happening. Liverpool at Woodward Park is more likely, probably starting at Campbelltown to start with.

Wombat

They haven taken down the fence and put sandstone blocks to replace it where the Gym is supossed to be being built.
Either this is a sign that construction may start OR thats a half arse attempt at landscaping?

ccmjack

They haven taken down the fence and put sandstone blocks to replace it where the Gym is supossed to be being built.
Either this is a sign that construction may start OR thats a half arse attempt at landscaping?
These sandstone blocks are appearing all over the coast at parks etc council must have ordered to many and they have to use them

marinermick

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au...funds-to-Mariners-community-initiatives/72549

Just tho I would post the article on this thread as well ... its sorta the history of the COE...

The Central Coast Mariners Centre of Excellence will soon be home to some of Australia’s best Indigenous footballers after Foreign Affairs Minister Mr Bob Carr today announced $10 million of Federal Government funding towards the Club’s unique training base and community hub.

Carr was joined by Government officials, Mariners representatives, Football Federation Australia administrators, Darkinjung Local Aboriginal Land Council (LALC) delegates, and interested media at the funding announcement in Tuggerah.

After watching Mariners Head Coach Graham Arnold lead the Club’s first team through a pre-season session, Carr announced that the grant will help deliver an Hyundai A-League first program enabling talented Indigenous players to not only improve their football skills, but also advance their life prospects.

Carr added that the funding will allow Stage 2 of the impressive Centre to be completed, enabling the Central Coast community to benefit and access a range of health, sporting and education opportunities in one location.

“This project is about more than just football, it’s about providing a sporting, health and education hub that delivers a wide range of benefits for the local community and economy,” Mr Carr said.

Central Coast Mariners Group General Manager, Mr Peter Turnbull, said that the concept to establish the Club’s Elite Indigenous Football Academy had first been discussed with Darkinjung LALC Chief Executive Officer, Mr Sean Gordon, throughout the Mariners’ 2013 Championship winning campaign.

“Today’s funding guarantee is the result of 12 months of hard work,” Mr Turnbull said. “We have been to Canberra on several occasions regarding this application, and we are delighted the funding has been finalised.”

“We feel the Mariners already make a tremendous difference to the lives of many people on the Central Coast, but with our Elite Indigenous Football Academy we hope to bring forward the days when the Socceroos can boast a strong number of Australia’s first people.”

“Moreover, this funding will enable us to start work on Stage 2 of the project within weeks. Without this commitment, it would have taken several years for us to have been able to deliver the extra facilities.”

Turnbull said the funding will also help create jobs on the Central Coast over the medium to long term, with a range of individuals and companies from a variety of sectors engaged to help deliver the project.

“This additional investment via the Mariners into the local economy will provide another boost to the local community,” he said.

Central Coast Mariners majority owner, Mr Michael Charlesworth – who is currently abroad on business – forwarded his thanks to the Government and Member for Dobell, Mr Craig Thompson, for assisting to secure the funding.

“Our Elite Indigenous Football Academy will be the first of its kind in Australia and will provide talented but disadvantaged indigenous kids the best possible opportunity to realise their dreams of becoming professional footballers,” Mr Charlesworth said.

“I would like to thank Craig who has worked tirelessly in making this opportunity come about. Craig has always been a keen supporter of our vision to ensure the Central Coast is Australia’s football leader.”

Head of Hyundai A-League, Mr Damien de Bohun, took time out of his busy schedule to attend the announcement.

Mr de Bohun said: “This is a fantastic announcement for the future of Central Coast football and the Mariners. Thousands of kids will benefit from this development and to have the inclusion of an Elite Indigenous Football Academy is another great step for the continued growth of football on the Central Coast.”

Mr Thompson said: “This is a huge vote of confidence in the future of the Mariners here on the Central Coast and I am proud to have been involved in negotiating the $10 million funding for the Centre of Excellence at Tuggerah.”

Stage 2 of the Central Coast Mariners Centre of Excellence includes a 1,500-seat grandstand, lighting for training fields, and additional car parking.

The Central Coast Mariners Centre of Excellence already features a tournament quality playing field utilised for first team training and National Youth League matches, coaching and players’ quarters complete with a gym and office space, ten all-weather synthetic pitches utilised by the local community, and parking for in excess of 100 vehicles. Building on a public hydrotherapy and aquatic centre will be completed in 2014.

The funds for the project are from the latest round of the Regional Development Australia Fund. Funding for this project is already included in the budget.

Lol

scottmac

Suspended
Had to search to find this thread but an interesting read in the latest football supporters association email......

More Mariners Land at Tuggerah
As part of the Central Coast Council Asset Sales Program, seven (7) land parcels on Wyong Road Tuggerah with environmental zoning, are to be sold to Mariners FC. Congratulations to the Club who plan to continue to maintain and manage this green space as part of a Hotel development.

Pirate Pete

2021-07-18-20-00-15-Window.jpg

The numbering is a bit strange. I worry which 7?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami