• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Meerkat

If you are going to follow Mariners you had better get used to it.
As Mick points out CCM is a selling club. Development of potential and then sale is the Club's model for sustainability and growth.
I suspect we will lose others as well, either at the end of the season or in January.
Do you know what I would argue.. you also need a fan base and to drive and mantain membership.

Absolutely we are a develop and sell club.. but those one off cash payments are not enough to keep the club afloat, that was proven this season with the big $ sell ons of Rowles, Birraz, Kuol. Players like Jason Cummings attract positive attention and external interest and keeps the fans engaged. If the Club is arrogant enough to think they can just keep pumping out players and selling them on to keep the $$ rolling in long term, I would honestly say otherwise.

Spacks

Do you know what I would argue.. you also need a fan base and to drive and mantain membership.

Absolutely we are a develop and sell club.. but those one off cash payments are not enough to keep the club afloat, that was proven this season with the big $ sell ons of Rowles, Birraz, Kuol. Players like Jason Cummings attract positive attention and external interest and keeps the fans engaged. If the Club is arrogant enough to think they can just keep pumping out players and selling them on to keep the $$ rolling in long term, I would honestly say otherwise.
I agree, you gotta keep one or two quality players or we'll end up like during the dark days before Stajic.

Tevor

You have a very good point, to be honest the APL should be trying to help us keep him as he is not only good for our Club but the game in general. Fat chance of that happening though Good Bloke would probably try and get him to Shitney.

Ancient Mariner

You need fans, but this season with good players, good results, great position on the table, we have not been able to average above the 8,000 home attendances which Rich has stated is one of his KPIs, which must be achieved before he will purchase.
He has said this season is already costing him much more than he budgeted, even with a $1m World Cup windfall.

What do you think he will do ?

Last edited:

Meerkat

It's that time of season when some a-hole starts a rumour to try interfere with team spirit or impact the run in for a club like ours that's doing well.

I would be extremely surprised if Cummings moved to India, I reckon this is utter horseshit.
I would normally agree with you. But there seems to be too much in this one. ?

Corsair

If these quotes from Peil are true maybe he will go...but probably not to India.

Does this quote mean no fee for him?

"Peil confirmed there is no buyout clause in Cummings’ contract, and no impediment to whatever decision he arrives at in taking the next step."

That's crazy bad business if so.

Reads to me like he'd probably stay if we could offer him decent money.

Meerkat

You need fans, but this season with good players, good results, great position on the table, we have not been able to average above the 8,000 home attendances which Rich has stated is one of his KPIs, which must be achieved before he will purchase.
He has said this season is already costing him much more than he budgeted, even with a $1m World Cup windfall.

What do you think he will do
Logic would say to hang on to his marquee player. A one off sale of Jason Cummings is not going to keep the club afloat for another season.

For everybody saying “it’s the Mariners get used to it” etc etc.. you can all say that as long time survivors of the club. But you say the same to a 10 year old kid. Or all of the kids and parents at say Gosford City Football club where he is their Club player. Or to the new fans in general who have hopped on the bandwagon because we’ve got Socceroos and a cool one at that, in Cummings. Sorry, but the old faithfuls aren’t enough to keep the club ticking over, particularly when many of them, every season, are walking away too.

crock

If these quotes from Peil are true maybe he will go...but probably not to India.

Does this quote mean no fee for him?

"Peil confirmed there is no buyout clause in Cummings’ contract, and no impediment to whatever decision he arrives at in taking the next step."

That's crazy bad business if so.
Thats means we would have to release him but I reckon he may stay for one more season then leave i feel 12 months at one club is very short for a player which is why i reckon he stays for at least another season

Ancient Mariner

It's that time of season when some a-hole starts a rumour to try interfere with team spirit or impact the run in for a club like ours that's doing well.

I would be extremely surprised if Cummings moved to India, I reckon this is utter horseshit.
The rumour, as Mick stated would have been started by his manager to get the best deal.
Common practice by managers, with a leak to put pressure on the Club.

We bought him as a bargain because he was seen as trouble where he was. The gamble has paid off in spades. How much do you think he would be worth a season now?
Depending on what offers he gets and how attractive they are I would be worried we will not be able to afford him.

I suspect a greater threat of him being sold would be to a championship club on the cusp of promotion.

crock

The rumour, as Mick stated would have been started by his manager to get the best deal.
Common practice by managers, with a leak to put pressure on the Club.

We bought him as a bargain because he was seen as trouble where he was. The gamble has paid off in spades. How much do you think he would be worth a season now?
Depending on what offers he gets and how attractive they are I would be worried we will not be able to afford him.

I suspect a greater threat of him being sold would be to a championship club on the cusp of promotion.
I worry their are aleague clubs that maybe showing interest

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred