• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Ancient Mariner

Or to the new fans in general who have hopped on the bandwagon because we’ve got Socceroos and a cool one at that, in Cummings.
I am not seeing them. The attendance figures do not reflect this theory.

I saw new fans jump on the bandwagon when we had Aloisi and we used to go close on occasion to sell outs. He was a Socceroo with a name, but hardly exciting and definitely not cool.

Ancient Mariner

If these quotes from Peil are true maybe he will go...but probably not to India.

Does this quote mean no fee for him?

"Peil confirmed there is no buyout clause in Cummings’ contract, and no impediment to whatever decision he arrives at in taking the next step."

That's crazy bad business if so.

Reads to me like he'd probably stay if we could offer him decent money.
Not bad business if it was the only way we could get his signature.

I would probably say that we have got amazing value for money for the time we have had him. It is sad that it has not translated into bums on seats.

LG__

Hypothetically let’s say Cummings gets an offer he can’t refuse and we can’t compete with, is anything stopping us going to the APL and asking for some assistance with his wages? Plenty of other clubs have gotten financial assistance with player wages over the years to “boost” the profile of the league, Cummings is not only a top shelf player and Socceroo, but a foreigner who has come over and invested himself in Australian football, which is more than can be said for plenty of other high profile imports.

I know it’s a fat chance the APL would ever help us in any way but worth the question.

Ancient Mariner

We are in trouble if peil walks and I doubt he will walk away
Probably right. But unless there is a dramatic turn around in the way this league is run, a better broadcast deal and a close to balanced books at CCM. I doubt he will be here when his 3 year lease expires.

Can you guess my reasons for feeling fed up and like I have been bashing my head against a brick wall for all these years.

Apply some logical thinking and apply it to the future of this league and the future of this club. It helps if you were around for the old NSL.

Corsair

Probably right. But unless there is a dramatic turn around in the way this league is run, a better broadcast deal and a close to balanced books at CCM. I doubt he will be here when his 3 year lease expires.

Can you guess my reasons for feeling fed up and like I have been bashing my head against a brick wall for all these years.

Apply some logical thinking and apply it to the future of this league and the future of this club. It helps if you were around for the old NSL.
I thought you said I was the glass half full, you're a stream of negativity today!

Ancient Mariner

Hypothetically let’s say Cummings gets an offer he can’t refuse and we can’t compete with, is anything stopping us going to the APL and asking for some assistance with his wages? Plenty of other clubs have gotten financial assistance with player wages over the years to “boost” the profile of the league, Cummings is not only a top shelf player and Socceroo, but a foreigner who has come over and invested himself in Australian football, which is more than can be said for plenty of other high profile imports.

I know it’s a fat chance the APL would ever help us in any way but worth the question.
He has not put bums on seats at Gosford.

He is not playing for Sydney or either Victory or City.

Ancient Mariner

I thought you said I was the glass half full, you're a stream of negativity today!
I was criticising for you criticising our players.

I think I declared that I was considering my future after committing too much both money and emotion on this Club over the years.

If you are supporting this team in this league it is just about impossible now not to be glass half empty supporter.

There have been many things happen in the last two seasons to change me from being the most positive poster here to competing with FFC for the Hanrahan award.

He could see the future before me.

Last edited:

Corsair

I was criticising for you criticising our players.

I think I declared that I was considering my future after committing too much both money and emotion on this Club over the years.

If you are supporting this team in this league it is just about impossible now not to be glass half full supporter.

There have been many things happen in the last two seasons to change me from being the most positive poster here to competing with FFC for the Hanrahan award.
Great poem

Insertnamehere

Dave Lewis, again
It's that time of season when some a-hole starts a rumour to try interfere with team spirit or impact the run in for a club like ours that's doing well.

I would be extremely surprised if Cummings moved to India, I reckon this is utter horseshit.

Corsair

Dave Lewis, again
Yeah. Directly quoting Peil was a surprise though. The India stuff seems to have no foundation other than rumour, unsurprisingly. I would think Japan or Europe would be more likely.

I remember Jase saying in a post-match interview he was very happy here and would sign for life if he could, or something to that effect. He was in dire straits before he came here and has been shown a great deal of faith and welcomed with open arms, I hope he does the right thing and sees his contract out.

scottmac

Suspended
Monty will find another one. Can't expect to keep great players at a club like ours. If we get money for the cumdog then it's a brilliant few years he's spent here on our part.

I'd suggest that cumdog might need us more than we need him. It's been the perfect marriage and he's done extremely well for his brand.

Insertnamehere

Yeah. Directly quoting Peil was a surprise though. The India stuff seems to have no foundation other than rumour, unsurprisingly. I would think Japan or Europe would be more likely.

I remember Jase saying in a post-match interview he was very happy here and would sign for life if he could, or something to that effect. He was in dire straits before he came here and has been shown a great deal of faith and welcomed with open arms, I hope he does the right thing and sees his contract out.
Eh, teams can come for JC all day long. He doesn't have to leave. We're a sellers club so we'll always give permission to players to take big offers. There's no secret.
Peil hasn't said anything new there.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred