• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Tevor

Not sure I like the line about people moving to other A-league clubs. Overseas, very happy for them. Local- not so much. Also thanks for posting the article scottmac.
Agree however impossible to avoid. Aqualina, Ruhs for example was not a problem. Also you can’t keep everyone in a squad happy, some will be thinking they are not getting enough game time. As long as it isn’t one of our top 5 players.

Michael

Tilio is the most interesting to me to see where he ends up, or stays. Diminutive but a quality player, much like someone else we know well. 5"6 and a bit is small for a footballer these days. If you know his quality it's meaningless, if you're making a paper assessment...next!
Tilio in my opinion is one of the best young Aussie players in decades. I love watching him when he’s on and let’s be honest he usually is. 10x the player that wage thief nabbout is.
Sydney f**ked up massively losing him to city.

Corsair

Tilio in my opinion is one of the best young Aussie players in decades. I love watching him when he’s on and let’s be honest he usually is. 10x the player that wage thief nabbout is.
Sydney f**ked up massively losing him to city.
Yeah he's a great player, made some good runs last night as well. Rumoured to be going overseas...see what happens there.

Forum Phoenix

Agree on Hall.

I think we’ll lose Theo if Beni stays. He’s done enough to show his quality and is wasted on the bench. Clearly capable of being a strong player at this level.

Faz… coast lad… girlfriend, family, friends etc.., but LB’s are hard to come by and he’s behind McGarry and has become a respected player, bound to get offers you’d think…, though he’d be crazy going anywhere unless he was going to start.

turbo

I think we’ll lose Theo if Beni stays. He’s done enough to show his quality and is wasted on the bench. Clearly capable of being a strong player at this level.
Feel like that would be a gamble that could easily back fire. I'd be saying keep doing the right things, trying to give him more minutes (earlier subs plus some starts) and building him up to be a 24-25 starter if there's no opening for the coming season. He's just gotten out of a move gone bad, dont be too eager to jump to greener grass.

And Faz I could definitely see moving into LCB if Triantis moves on for a fee which is entirely possible.

Tevor

Feel like that would be a gamble that could easily back fire. I'd be saying keep doing the right things, trying to give him more minutes (earlier subs plus some starts) and building him up to be a 24-25 starter if there's no opening for the coming season. He's just gotten out of a move gone bad, dont be too eager to jump to greener grass.

And Faz I could definitely see moving into LCB if Triantis moves on for a fee which is entirely possible.
Monty even mentioned this in his interview after the game that Faz is also a very good LCB. Love Faz but he doesn't score that goal The Gary did on the 15 min mark. When he came on he showed where his strength is and that is in defence. My tip is whilst Monty is here Faz will be as well, he seems to be quite the introvert and has a strong relationship with Mont. The Gary and Faz have been an awesome combo and it has helped Faz recover from glandular fever and there is no doubt our squad will change in the off season so Faz will have the opportunity to remain a valuable cog in the machine. I just don't see him as a player eager to get overseas and go on an adventure, I could be wrong though and not sure if others have a different impression of him.

Theo I feel will be happy to stay, played more minutes with us than in any other season and only came to us in January. He has been in the wilderness before and I'm sure he knows with more hard work and minutes with us things will eventually happen for him. Like Faz I feel opportunities will present themselves in the off season in the squad with some moves by others.

turbo

He has been in the wilderness before and I'm sure he knows with more hard work and minutes with us things will eventually happen for him
We haven't even got a proper preseason into him. Few comments around on here or reddit that he looks a bit heavy, wait til we get him properly fit and carving up next season.

Edit - we also have asian football which will give our bench and potentially academy players the chance to get more minutes.

Last edited:

Ozhammer

We haven't even got a proper preseason into him. Few comments around on here or reddit that he looks a bit heavy, wait til we get him properly fit and carving up next season.

Edit - we also have asian football which will give our bench and potentially academy players the chance to get more minutes.
This, Asian football exposure will surely mean we need to use more of our squad players more frequently, as well as being an attraction for staying at the club.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred