• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Rising Sun

Wouldn't mind a cheeky question to be asked of Massimo Luongo as an Ollie replacement. Been OS for 11 years and if Sheffield Wednesday aren't promoted may be open to an offer. I really rate Ballard and Nisbet but see Steele more as the squad player.
DM is not a position I would be targeting because not only are the players we have are all up to the task now but also the potential for big improvement and future transfer fees. So I wouldn't want to inhibit their development by dropping Niz or Max to the bench and Steely out altogether.

I think next season is a make-or-break year for Niz if he wants to go overseas, whilst Maxy has been improving almost on a weekly basis recently. I think they will both make a real impact next season. Agree that Steely is more of a squad player at the moment but he is 19, first year in the A League and seemed to be badly knocked around by covid - I think we will see a massive lift in his game next year as well.

However if Max or Niz departed this winter, or Monty wanted to push Niz further forward again, then agree that Luongo would be a quality pick up if he did want to come home

Corsair

I think next season is a make-or-break year for Niz if he wants to go overseas
I really can't see him being picked up unfortunately, unless it's for a lesser Asian league like Singapore. Not that i don't think he deserves it, he does, but imagine if you're a scout bringing someone to the table that's 5ft 3. It's going to be a struggle to convince a buyer. I do think he's exceptional but does someone who doesn't know him want to take a risk? More likely he'll end up on a bench for another A league outfit. I'd be happy to keep him, he's a quality player

midfielder

Copied from a post of an Adelaide player agent....

""""""*nick montgomery had a lengthy, what i would call ‘very friendly’ chat with an out of contract zach clough outside the changerooms away from the eyes of adelaide players and officials, i had previously mentioned when fowler was in charge of the roar – zach clough was a player on his shortlist of who he wanted to bring over.

im not insinuating clough is mariners bound either lol, potentially could be a watch this space though.""""""

Last edited:

pjennings

DM is not a position I would be targeting because not only are the players we have are all up to the task now but also the potential for big improvement and future transfer fees. So I wouldn't want to inhibit their development by dropping Niz or Max to the bench and Steely out altogether.

I think next season is a make-or-break year for Niz if he wants to go overseas, whilst Maxy has been improving almost on a weekly basis recently. I think they will both make a real impact next season. Agree that Steely is more of a squad player at the moment but he is 19, first year in the A League and seemed to be badly knocked around by covid - I think we will see a massive lift in his game next year as well.

However if Max or Niz departed this winter, or Monty wanted to push Niz further forward again, then agree that Luongo would be a quality pick up if he did want to come home
That was more what I was looking at. Luongo and Max in the middle Beni on one side and Niz on the other pushing forward and defending from the front. Cum Dingo and Marcos/Moresche/Injury replacement if ACL/ Simmo up front.

Edit. Zac Clough (Middy's post) is off contract and would fit as a visa injury replacement. Didn't seem to stand out but Monty may see something there

Last edited:

turbo

How does that work? If you have a visa player with a long term injury do you get an extra visa spot?
You can sign a replacement for long term injuries, though I believe you have to let a player go when the injured player is ready to come back. I’m not clear on whether it must be the injury replacement or if you could punt another close to the end of their contract.

Anyone got any news on Manny? I'm keen to see more minutes from him, supposedly a great talent.
Transfermarkt has him listed with Avondale, wiki says it’s a loan which I thought I read about a few months back. No idea on the why though.

Corsair

You can sign a replacement for long term injuries, though I believe you have to let a player go when the injured player is ready to come back. I’m not clear on whether it must be the injury replacement or if you could punt another close to the end of their contract.

Transfermarkt has him listed with Avondale, wiki says it’s a loan which I thought I read about a few months back. No idea on the why though.
Interesting, on both. Thanks.

Melange

Here's one from left field. I thought one of players hardest done by in Staj's first season was Giancarlo Gallifuoco. With all the chopping and changing, having to cover regular midfield injuries and suffering his own injury set backs he didn't get the opportunity to play in his preferred position of holding mid.

Anyone see him as a good local option to bring experience into the side if we release Muller? Nis to return to that wide attacking role.

Would love Luongo. I could see him in an AM time replacing Muller and keeping Nis at CM. It may be a fantasy, but who knows what money Peil brings to the table, combined with the chance to use an Aussie marquee allocation.

Last edited:

Wombat

Here's one from left field. I thought one of players hardest done by in Staj's first season was Giancarlo Gallifuoco. With all the chopping and changing, having to cover regular midfield injuries and suffering his own injury set backs he didn't get the opportunity to play in his preferred position of holding mid.

Anyone see him as a good local option to bring experience into the side if we release Muller? Nis to return to that wide attacking role.

Would love Luongo. I could see him in an AM time replacing Muller and keeping Nis at CM. It may be a fantasy, but who knows what money Peil brings to the table, combined with the chance to use an Aussie marquee allocation.
GG wasn't good enough. He got a run at both CB and CM and didn't really cut it in either spot. Nice bloke though. I thought Dylan Fox showed more promise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred