• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

shipwreck

The fact that we released him "to pursue other opportunities" when no other opportunities actually exist tells me that we wouldn't want him back, sadly.

Rising Sun

Does feel verrrrrry strange there hasn’t been an announcement about faz, steeley or Windust. But was a story about Brad Tapp done by the club a couple days ago…
Contracts have now expired.
I fully expect they’ve been re-signed but why wait to make it public? Makes me personally uneasy.

Ayongo is a pretty interesting signing, seemingly random to most of us. Which also makes me confident there’s a good CB signing in the pipeline none of us have a clue about. Ayongo looks the goods on paper and the short highlight YouTube clips (couldn’t say the same for beni originally), decent experience in Portugal which is a good calibre. Good age. Looks powerful and technical, great mix. Obviously wait and see though.
Steeley and Windust are registered with CCMA for the rest of this season so are not yet "out of contract". I don't think either of them had a full A League contract anyway. McCarthy, Jok and Caruso are in the same boat, although I would say it is not looking too good for the former 2 at the moment. There is also James Bayliss and then the others pushing hard from the academy like Tapp, Kucevski, L Bayliss, and Beach.

Faz is the one I am getting nervous about, especially with Sydney FC on the recruit. Hopefully it is just a case of holding back on the news to time with the start of (non-automatic) membership renewals and we will see something in the next day or so.

Rising Sun

Rostyn Griffiths hasn't signed another contract with city yet. Looks to be the most established Aussie guy we could get at cb right now other than Sainsbury who's without club.
Michael Jakobsen should have his citizenship by now and I think he would be a good fit.

An experienced CB is a big hole at the moment and my concern is that by filling our last visa spot, we have suddenly narrowed the options very dramatically. Hopefully that means we already have someone signed (and / or Goddard has signed elsewhere and Ayongo is taking his spot, keeping one free for a CB).

turbo

Michael Jakobsen should have his citizenship by now and I think he would be a good fit.
I'm not sure he does right now. If it was in the pipeline he would definitely be worth a look, we might be in an ok place if he isnt ready for round 1 as long as he can join us for pre-season and be ready to go when it comes through. I'm sure there's some way around that issue.

Ozhammer

Looks like a great signing. Quick feet, good balance, strong and uses his body very well. Nice work Monty.

COYY
I reckon this signing has a lot to do with Sergio’s Portuguese connections, so would be far from any sort of gamble but I guess we will see. I heard a while back that we would be signing a very powerful striker and have been wondering who it would be up until now.

I agree however, that it now limits our CB options, so that decision will be vital and the lack of visa places will make it even more of a challenge.

On the issue of Faz, I thought he was contracted for another season?

Michael

According to Transfermarkt, his contract ended last week.

I also notice on Transfermarkt that he (and Steely) have the same agent who guided Ruiz-Diaz to European greatness. O'Donovan and Gordon are with the same agent so it is a right snakepit
That is quite concerning tbh. What’s the agent name?

Rising Sun

That is quite concerning tbh. What’s the agent name?
Paddy Dominguez / Republic Sports Management. He has a modest stable listed on Transfermarkt - 10 players of which Faz and Tom Glover were the highest profile last season. However he has a few more listed on his website including Luke Wilkshire, Ruon, Carney (who is replacing LW at Wollongong), Mooy and McLaren. However Mooy and Ruon's profiles are 2 or 3 years out of date

JoyfulPenguin

So looking at Ayongo's last season he was playing in the Portugese Second Division.

He started 28 of Academico Viseu's 34 matches, was subbed on in 4 for a total of 7 goals. 3 of his goals were penalties.

He also recieved 6 yellow cards.

He played a total of 2504 minutes so a goal every 357 minutes or a goal every four matches or so.

Academico Viseu also barely avoided relegation, they were one point off of a relegation playoff and two points off of automatic relegation.

This is also a level of football where Sam Silvera managed only 4 appearences when he was on loan to Casa Pia, so maybe a higher level of football then it is traditionally considered?

style_cafe

Retire it.
So IF Simon retires, who do you think should get to wear his #19 going forward? Or start a petition to retire the number?
I think retiring a number should only be reserved for players that have played their entire career for us or that have played,gone overseas and come back to us.
I love Matty but he doesn`t suit the parameters that I would set.
Add him to the legends list but keeps his number going for mine... :popcorn:

Huddo

I think retiring a number should only be reserved for players that have played their entire career for us or that have played,gone overseas and come back to us.
I love Matty but he doesn`t suit the parameters that I would set.
Add him to the legends list but keeps his number going for mine... :popcorn:

I don't think you can blame him for him getting shafted by the coach.
TBH, I'd be happy just to name a club award after him e.g. Golden boot, or clubman award.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred