• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Insertnamehere

Everyone seems to think we'll spend the cap, i don't recall Peil ever saying that? I thought he just said it'd be more than the minimum.
Well we were paying guys who's salary didn't need to be fully on the books to get to the minimum. The difference between that and the cap is only a few hundred thou.

midfielder

Just on the academy and the talent it has produced over the years...

Those in the academy that do break thu fall into 3 broad categories.
  • Potential Socceroo and should move overseas, say Ryan, Sainsbury,
  • Could make it overseas, very good player, say Musty
  • High to Middle A-League level, say Lockie Wales, Umina Boy
Just my opinion, I see Miller in the potential Soccereoo and should move overseas asap whereas Nizzy I see as high level A-League.

What annoys me hugely is the lack of a "National Domestic Transfer System" where players developed by clubs like us, AU, Roar & Jerks,

This is especially so as when it comes to the academy, when we played SFC this year they had 5 of their starting 11 former academy or Mariner developed players on the field and another academy player on the bench.

If I was God for a while at a development club I would be pushing for a "National Domestic Transfer System".... I can see 5 to 7 of our academy players coming under pressure from their agents to move to bigger clubs for more money....

The real hurt is in the potential loss of future Socceroo's, and I see Miller, Hall, Koul, & Farrell in this light.

The main point of this post is agents will always drive players to bigger clubs on more money... so accepting this as a given the development clubs should be pushing hard nay very hard for National Domestic Transfer System.

The other thing and it hurts all teams is how small the season is.... we should play for 30 to 36 weeks .... but thats a whole other story....

Tevor

Just on the academy and the talent it has produced over the years...

Those in the academy that do break thu fall into 3 broad categories.
  • Potential Socceroo and should move overseas, say Ryan, Sainsbury,
  • Could make it overseas, very good player, say Musty
  • High to Middle A-League level, say Lockie Wales, Umina Boy
Just my opinion, I see Miller in the potential Soccereoo and should move overseas asap whereas Nizzy I see as high level A-League.

What annoys me hugely is the lack of a "National Domestic Transfer System" where players developed by clubs like us, AU, Roar & Jerks,

This is especially so as when it comes to the academy, when we played SFC this year they had 5 of their starting 11 former academy or Mariner developed players on the field and another academy player on the bench.

If I was God for a while at a development club I would be pushing for a "National Domestic Transfer System".... I can see 5 to 7 of our academy players coming under pressure from their agents to move to bigger clubs for more money....

The real hurt is in the potential loss of future Socceroo's, and I see Miller, Hall, Koul, & Farrell in this light.

The main point of this post is agents will always drive players to bigger clubs on more money... so accepting this as a given the development clubs should be pushing hard nay very hard for National Domestic Transfer System.

The other thing and it hurts all teams is how small the season is.... we should play for 30 to 36 weeks .... but thats a whole other story....
A domestic transfer system should have been implemented many years ago. Will not happen any time soon I feel as the APL is influenced by the very Clubs taking advantage of the current situation. It is one of the many deep seeded issues with the A League that is very rarely addressed and goes back to FA so I'm not just bashing the APL. You only have to look how it was passed over very quickly by the APL recently when FA announced the transfer system for NPL players. They couldn't shut it down quick enough. Maybe its why the likes of SFC are going hard for our players this off season, get as many free developed players as you can in case the APL finally act on what should have been addressed a long time ago.

Shaun Mielekamp

Contracts expire 1st of June don’t they?
perhaps we can expect news over the next week.
FYI 30 June expiries - with All Stars and National team selections also happening we have respected that so those players are not distracted - but I would be predicting that we aren't far away from making all our announcements as things get finalized in next couple of weeks.

Michael

FYI 30 June expiries - with All Stars and National team selections also happening we have respected that so those players are not distracted - but I would be predicting that we aren't far away from making all our announcements as things get finalized in next couple of weeks.
Thanks for the reply shaun, always appreciate when you take the time to do so!
i knew contracts were either start or end of June, thanks for clarifying.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami