• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

turbo

Hmmm. What does this mean for our backline, you’d think we would have at one established local CB lined up if we are going to use our only visa slot. Doesn’t fill that hole in the midfield that Muller was often required in either.

Only other thing I can think of would be Cy getting released or Urena looking to exit?

scottmac

Suspended
Hmmm. What does this mean for our backline, you’d think we would have at one established local CB lined up if we are going to use our only visa slot. Doesn’t fill that hole in the midfield that Muller was often required in either.

Only other thing I can think of would be Cy getting released or Urena looking to exit?
This guy can play left wing too so not necessarily just out and out front guy

Corsair

This guy looks like a Urena/Moresche replacement, maybe to shore up Urena as he was waning a bit at the back of last season. I think having someone there to push him and challenge for his spot is a very smart move. This guy is the right age, can clearly score and is strong on the ball. He looks like a genuine striker, can't wait to see him team up with CumDingo and Beni. Might even take some presure off Cy if they are on at the same time and let Cy use his crosses and skills more.

Ayongo looks like he's going to be a handful for A-League defences, with him and Beni running at them it's going to be a very interesting season.

This team is shaping up to be a strikeforce to be reckoned with, this sort of guy sells tickets and it looks like the owner and Monty are coming good on their promises so far.

Last edited:

Big Al

Also puts us out of the Ninkovic race although I think WSW is the favorite and it has been said there offer is the best.

Putting alot of pressure on the young guys in the middle and back at the moment.

FFC Mariner

Dogs name is not well loved (I'm being nice) no chance of him scuttling back

This looks like a shit Neymar/Matt Simon replacement to me

Ironbark

Full respect to Ninkovic but I'd rather not. If he turned up I'd be happy with him as a signing, but I don't think he fits what Monty wants from the team at his age - defend from the front, full fight on display.
Nink will be an asset wherever he goes but is slowing down and it will be the technical ability that is the value. The team player/fighter in the mud and grit style probably won't be his strength.

We now need defenders - especially a strong CB to compliment our young CBs. In my mind Hall is a starter, Windust a bench spot for now. Quality next to Hall is the most sensible move to let Windust develop at the pace he needs to. One or two in the midfield as back ups wouldn't hurt either.

Regardless, I'm very happy with how this team is shaping up for this season. Considering the foundation of last season as the starting point too - most encouraging.

JoyfulPenguin

I'll admit I am a little skeptical of this signing but my belief in Monty's and Sergio's due diligence puts me over the line.

Also promising that he has been on our radar for a while and that this isn't a knee jerk signing.

While his resumes isn't outstanding I feel confident in Monty and Sergio's scouting and players with lesser or equal resumes have been stars in the A-League. Hopefully we have nabbed ourselves a Berisha.

pjennings

Interesting signing.

TBH I don't see us having Moresche around much for most of the season. We have two visa players coming off contract at the end of next season - Urena, Moresche and Goddard. I suspect that Moresche at this stage will be not included as a visa player as he has a long term injury.

We currently have 9 players signed for the LW/CS/RW positions

If Urena is in and playing well come the January window I suspect we will do one of two things.

1a) Resign Marco and payout Moresche or Goddard
1b) Try to sell Marco for his final payday in Asia or the ME.​

If he isn't

2a) Try to sell Marco for his final payday in Asia or the ME.
2b) Resign Moresche and bring him back into calculations as he recovers

I think this signing is basically putting off this decision for 6 months while Moresche is injured as we have longer term attacking players already signed for the seasons ahead.

Ruhs 20 2023
Goddard 25 2023
Urena 32 2023
Moresche 24 2023
----------------------------​
Cummings 27 2024
Ayongo 25 2024
Nkololo 25 2024
Kuol 18 2024
Silvera 21 2025​

Corsair

I'll admit I am a little skeptical of this signing but my belief in Monty's and Sergio's due diligence puts me over the line.

Also promising that he has been on our radar for a while and that this isn't a knee jerk signing.

While his resumes isn't outstanding I feel confident in Monty and Sergio's scouting and players with lesser or equal resumes have been stars in the A-League. Hopefully we have nabbed ourselves a Berisha.
Decent showreel on youtube.

Corsair

Interesting signing.

TBH I don't see us having Moresche around much for most of the season. We have two visa players coming off contract at the end of next season - Urena, Moresche and Goddard. I suspect that Moresche at this stage will be not included as a visa player as he has a long term injury.

We currently have 9 players signed for the LW/CS/RW positions

If Urena is in and playing well come the January window I suspect we will do one of two things.

1a) Resign Marco and payout Moresche or Goddard
1b) Try to sell Marco for his final payday in Asia or the ME.​

If he isn't

2a) Try to sell Marco for his final payday in Asia or the ME.
2b) Resign Moresche and bring him back into calculations as he recovers

I think this signing is basically putting off this decision for 6 months while Moresche is injured as we have longer term attacking players already signed for the seasons ahead.

Ruhs 20 2023
Goddard 25 2023
Urena 32 2023
Moresche 24 2023
----------------------------​
Cummings 27 2024
Ayongo 25 2024
Nkololo 25 2024
Kuol 18 2024
Silvera 21 2025​
We've signed him for 2 years though.

Online statistics