• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Rising Sun

Has Dan Hall definitely signed for Auckland? .

I would be moving heaven and earth to get him resigned, for a couple of reasons. Firstly I think probably the biggest factor in our success this season has been the defensive solidity and Dan and Brian have been the biggest factor in that. If we keep them 2 and Vuka then it gives us an excellent base to maintain that defensive capability and a lot more flexibility in who we can afford to lose / reconstructing the rest of the team.

Secondly I think he is still improving both defensively and more so attack wise. He has good vision and can pass with both feet and he is getting better in this regard and is becoming more and more threatening with his driving runs forward. Being solid as a rock defensively and some eye-catching forward forays, I can see a move to Europe (with accompanying transfer fee) on the horizon. I can even see a scenario where he has a standout performance in the GF (or AFC final) and Auckland (if they have signed him) do a Lewis Millar on us and bank a big cheque without him lacing up a boot for them.

Tevor

Has Dan Hall definitely signed for Auckland? .

I would be moving heaven and earth to get him resigned, for a couple of reasons. Firstly I think probably the biggest factor in our success this season has been the defensive solidity and Dan and Brian have been the biggest factor in that. If we keep them 2 and Vuka then it gives us an excellent base to maintain that defensive capability and a lot more flexibility in who we can afford to lose / reconstructing the rest of the team.

Secondly I think he is still improving both defensively and more so attack wise. He has good vision and can pass with both feet and he is getting better in this regard and is becoming more and more threatening with his driving runs forward. Being solid as a rock defensively and some eye-catching forward forays, I can see a move to Europe (with accompanying transfer fee) on the horizon. I can even see a scenario where he has a standout performance in the GF (or AFC final) and Auckland (if they have signed him) do a Lewis Millar on us and bank a big cheque without him lacing up a boot for them.
Pretty sure it’s a done deal. He would have got good coin as new clubs always pay overs. Agree he is outstanding this season but can’t blame the bloke for looking after himself after last season.

Rising Sun

Pretty sure it’s a done deal. He would have got good coin as new clubs always pay overs. Agree he is outstanding this season but can’t blame the bloke for looking after himself after last season.
Dan to Sydney was pretty much a done deal last year so I live in hope.

Certainly don't blame Dan for taking the overs but I think there is double inventive for Peil to dig deep into his pockets for Dan. Firstly speculate to accumulate on a transfer fee down the track, but I also think the value of having Dan/Brian/Vuka is greater than the sum of the parts and maybe gives flexibility for a cheaper option further up the park

Last edited:

pjennings

Dan to Sydney was pretty much a done deal last year so I live in hope.

Certainly don't blame Dan for taking the overs but I think there is double inventive for Peil to dig deep into his pockets for Dan. Firstly speculate to accumulate on a transfer fee down the track, but I also think the value of having Dan/Brian/Vuka is greater than the Sim of the parts and maybe gives flexibility for a cheaper option further up the park

3 players are almost always better than 1 - even if he is the 4 goal FFA Cup hero.

JoyfulPenguin

Is there any particular reason, beyond obvious financial constraints, why we never got an injury replacement for Kuzevski or Smith?

Considering the squad's work load and Jacko's complete lack of faith in Paull at left back coupled with Harry Menham being not quite yet ready for the first team it seems and odd choice.

Spacks

Is there any particular reason, beyond obvious financial constraints, why we never got an injury replacement for Kuzevski or Smith?

Considering the squad's work load and Jacko's complete lack of faith in Paull at left back coupled with Harry Menham being not quite yet ready for the first team it seems and odd choice.
Was thinking that myself this morning.

shipwreck

Fantastic question....

Especially since we knew this tournament was coming for the entire year and Faz was almost definitely going to be gone.

Drew

What happened to that Millard bloke we signed at the start of the year? We let go of him? He was a backup fullback wasn’t he?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred