• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners v fibro dwelling, coal dust sniffing, mouth breathers

Ironbark

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/...eague-hit-out-with-arch-rivals-central-coast/

Ailing Jets battling illness ahead of final A-League hit-out with arch rivals Central Coast​

By Renee Valentine
Updated May 5 2022 - 4:43pm, first published 3:30pm
Jets coach Arthur Papas is unsure who will be fit for Saturday's clash with the Mariners on the Central Coast after illness has swept through the squad.

More than half of the squad which thumped Macarthur 3-0 in Campbelltown on Sunday had been struck with sickness.

By Wednesday night's final home game of the season, in which Newcastle came from behind to draw 1-1 with Western United, most players had been affected.
It prompted several changes to the starting XI and match-day 18 and Papas said post-match on Wednesday that Jets staff would spend the following two days assessing players before a quick turnaround to face arch rivals Central Coast away on Saturday.

....But who Papas will have at his disposal on Saturday is not yet known. That includes star midfielder Daniel Penha, who has served a two-game suspension and has also been linked to Sydney FC for next season.
"I'm not really sure at the moment," Papas said when asked if Penha would start against the Mariners.
"He's also been quite ill throughout the week. So, even though he was suspended, he probably wouldn't have fronted up for any of those games anyway amongst a group of guys who are all battling the same thing. We'll just see how everyone pulls up.
"We're hopefully at the back end of it. Symptom-wise everyone is a bit fluey and just not feeling great and energy very low, so just trying to get bodies on the park at the moment."

Last edited:

Ads

Good point Iron Bark, still amazes me how many people are shaking hands and in confined spaces.

Great if you’ve had covid or a virus but a lot of people are also up to having it a second time, etc.

If I was Monty and the team I would be instructing fist bumps only and if going to hit an opposition players make sure it’s closed fist and not a slap.

Than sanitise…

adz

Staff member
Good point Iron Bark, still amazes me how many people are shaking hands and in confined spaces.

Great if you’ve had covid or a virus but a lot of people are also up to having it a second time, etc.

If I was Monty and the team I would be instructing fist bumps only and if going to hit an opposition players make sure it’s closed fist and not a slap.

Than sanitise…

So don't "Will Smith" anyone?
Maybe feet first just to be safe.

crock

hopefully the game goes ahead if its covid then the game could be in serious doubt

turbo

More than half of the squad which thumped Macarthur 3-0 in Campbelltown on Sunday had been struck with sickness.
Any players who tested positive from Monday (assuming covid) shouldn’t be available for selection this weekend. It would be massively negligent of the APL to allow us to be exposed if that’s what’s going on.

FFC Mariner

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/...eague-hit-out-with-arch-rivals-central-coast/

Ailing Jets battling illness ahead of final A-League hit-out with arch rivals Central Coast​

By Renee Valentine
Jets coach Arthur Papas is unsure who will be fit for Saturday's clash with the Mariners on the Central Coast after illness has swept through the squad.

By Wednesday night's final home game of the season, in which Newcastle came from behind to draw 1-1 with Western United, most players had been affected.
It prompted several changes to the starting XI and match-day 18 and Papas said post-match on Wednesday that Jets staff would spend the following two days assessing players before a quick turnaround to face arch rivals Central Coast away on Saturday.

....But who Papas will have at his disposal on Saturday is not yet known. That includes star midfielder Daniel Penha, who has served a two-game suspension and has also been linked to Sydney FC for next season.
"I'm not really sure at the moment," Papas said when asked if Penha would start against the Mariners.
"He's also been quite ill throughout the week. So, even though he was suspended, he probably wouldn't have fronted up for any of those games anyway amongst a group of guys who are all battling the same thing. We'll just see how everyone pulls up.
"We're hopefully at the back end of it. Symptom-wise everyone is a bit fluey and just not feeling great and energy very low, so just trying to get bodies on the park at the moment."
Good - FTS

Josho Howe

Than sanitise…
I think it's good practice to sanitise any time you come in to contact with anyone from the north.

style_cafe

The Bring a Mate link is down-go figure.

By Renee Valentine

Alcoholic poisoning probably from celebrating a rare win this season.
Papas is ,of course foxing and not giving any information away about his team.... :popcorn:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred