• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners V Roar

Ancient Mariner

Agreed, he has the ability to play for the socceroos, and yes, it is a worry. I don't know which is worse, a chronic post-covid fitness issue, a falling out of favour, ala Bozanic or a financial consideration [I think McKinna benched Gumps so that a clause in the contract wasnt triggered]. Some info from the club on this would be nice.
From my observations he has not been the same since covid. Pretty sure it is to blame.

I had a very mild infection in January, but the post covid has been a real struggle. No stamina, aerobic fitness absolutely shot, immune system weakened (lots of bacterial infections), brain fog (no one noticed a difference :rolleyes:). I feared I had long covid.
Last week over a period of about 24 hours I came good. I felt so good, that I realised how crook I had been. I am now working on getting my fitness back to its normal low level from non existent.

If Niz has had similar issues even if much milder, I can definitely understand his loss of fitness. It may be unnoticeable but only shows in an inability to go for the full 90 minutes.

Ancient Mariner

Lol. My friend you are worse than normal. Some dark spirit at play......you been hanging around that Usian Bolt effigy?
You can borrow my Smudge sticks and i will try and expel your dark northern spirit.
Maybe I need them as well, I have definitely caught Merkat's doom and gloom.
Maybe it will disappear along with the rest of my post covid blues with a good win........

and a marked improvement in refereeing consistency, and an increase in attendances, and better media coverage, and a home crowd above 10,000 before seasons end, and an announcement the Club is improving financially, and the Academy team lands a good coach and starts to play its traditional good football, and the Aleague gets run by an independent board, and there is good food at the stadium (especially if I stay for the late game), and VAR disappears.

Corsair

Maybe I need them as well, I have definitely caught Merkat's doom and gloom.
Maybe it will disappear along with the rest of my post covid blues with a good win........

and a marked improvement in refereeing consistency, and an increase in attendances, and better media coverage, and a home crowd above 10,000 before seasons end, and an announcement the Club is improving financially, and the Academy team lands a good coach and starts to play its traditional good football, and the Aleague gets run by an independent board, and there is good food at the stadium (especially if I stay for the late game), and VAR disappears.
I'll be happy if Dingo gets 5 or more before the season is over, I reckon he can do it. If he gets it over the line against the scum that would be even better.

Pretty much a full squad to pick from this weekend, assuming faz is a-ok and denzel is fully recovered. Could be an ass whooping for Roar tomorrow, hope springs eternal ?

Corsair

Central Coast Mariners vs Brisbane Roar - Industree Group Stadium
Saturday, 1 April 2023 - 5:00 PM (Local) (5:00 PM AEDT)

RefereeDaniel ElderFourth OfficialSam Kelly
Assistant Referee 1Ryan GallagherVARAlex King
Assistant Referee 2Adam PowersAVARSarah Ho

Tevor

Nah, Victory have a much better squad than Roar and a better Manager, I'm not surprised we lost that game. This is home against the team I expect to spoon.
Victory deserve to be where they are, we played terrible and they didn’t play well in my opinion. Will be a more attacking Roar now Moon has gone however I think that suits us more than the Moon Roar which was somewhat harder to break down.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
i gotta say , im half struggling to find any roar fans up here at the minute, and that includes long term football fans from the Ange days, whether that's cause the snore are just shit or the fans are pissed at the owners or the ground is a tnuc to get to or a combo platter of everything , either way, if we don't belt these dribblers , somethings afoot

JoyfulPenguin

I dont think the problem is specifically a Balard/Rusty/Niz thing. Its a problem of them being too samey. Niz has enough in his game to make up for this bit its still too easy to build a midfield game against us. Need someone who makes runs from deep and dribbles at guys through the middle
Ureña essentially played that role last year, linking our midfield to attack, and since losing him we haven't had the same dynamism. Tùlio is supposed to play that role I think but he just prefers to sit up top.

midfielder

Looks like pouring rain for the match...... someone upset the bay gods cause we get only one or two games a year without crap weather.... need to send someone off to a witch doctor to lift the curse of the bay god...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb