• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Vs Nix

Jesus

Jesus
We need a result this week. A win with a few goals. Lets let go of the scummers, and the past few weeks.
Lets get fired up and really lift the team for this one. A good win and we can still claim the title.

Go you Mighty Mariners!

pjennings

You're right - the past is the past. Learn for it. Get over it. Move on and lets win this thing!!! :pirashoot:

fedelta

Lets beat the 'Nix by a few goals and finish in the top two and win the f*cking A-League!!

Gav...

well its the last round before the finals and its a vitual match for the boys. forget the f**king minor premiership lets think bigger (asia and the toliet seat) lets finish 2nd. We need some momentum going into finals so a good win will do.

We need to beat the nix by aleast 2-0. there also needs to be some changes in the team. Simon needs to be starting instead of sash and boogs and viddy need to be at cb, with checkers at lb and wilko at rb.

lets remember we are the only team the nix hasnt gotten points off this year so lets keep it that way and get some momentum going into the best finals series we will ever had.

FARKEN FIRE UP BOYS  :pirashoot:

Bristol Rover

I have viewed these forums as a guest in the past, but today feel compelled to register and put in my two cents worth. I have lived on the Central Coast for 16 years,  watched  the Stadium now known as Bluetongue being constructed, and dreamed of the day when we might have a local team in a national competition. I never imagined this dream would be realised in the form of a soccer team in a newly created A League ( having seen other football codes try,and as we all know, fail). This region NEEDS the Mariners.The way the club has engaged with the local community has been nothing short of magnificent and we, as a community, have a responsibility to support them. I would love to think that the way in which we support our team would serve only to enhance the esteem in which the club is held. Referring to opposition teams or the region they come from as "scum" does little to achieve that. I was horrified last night to see a banner which read " Holland you are a bogan"......so a local player has decided to sign a contract with a rival A league team, so what? If his former team mates and coach can wish him well when he's offerred a great opportunity why can't the rest of us?
There is no doubt that the entire team and staff must be absolutley devastated after another home loss last night, yet whenever I see our head coach or any of our players making an official comment  after a loss, they do so with consumate professionalism and dignity. They have the unique ability to be both gracious winners and gracious losers. It's a pity so many supporters are'nt on the same page in that regard. As for so called supporters indicating the season is already over as far as they are concerned, well don't bother turning up next season either. To indicate that you will only offer your support when the team is winning is a sad reflection on your character. I know I'm stating the obvious, but perhaps some of us need reminding that football is, after all, only a game. Regardless of who wins and who loses, a club which helps to define a region and inspire a community deserves our unconditional support.  :soapbox:

Jeff (LouMacari)

Nice post Bristol and welcome aboard. I agree about our coach and players dignity, but I gotta say though.... "horrified" to see the 'Holland you are a bogan' banner? wow! Where the hell have you been in the last 20 years?

I dread to think what you would have thought to the 'original' wording of that banner before it was tamed down by a calmer head? ;)

pointy

I watched the game this morning, and I still love the mariners.where ever Johnny Warren is he would be smiling...... Dont worry,be happy.

Bristol Rover

Thanks Jeff and Pointy,

Yes, on second thoughts, perhaps 'horrified" was a bit of an over statement! Glad to hear the banner had been tamed down a bit!
With this being my first time online, I now realise I actually posted in the wrong topic.....oh well, there seems to be enough hot heads debating everything from tactics to Newcastle supporters Centrelink payments in the other topics! Thanks for responding to my ill placed blurb!!
Go the Mighty Mariners!!

john_kowolski

Heres what I think the squad should look like next week. I'm not sure if Owens and Boogs are going to be fit but i've included them anyway

--------Danny-------

Wilko --Boogs--Viddy--Cecolli

-Owens--Jedi-Tommy--Hutch

------Simon--JA-------

Trotty
Sash
Kwassie
Gumps

I've left out Clark, he wasn't to impressive last night. All 3 subs need to get quite a bit of game time. Sasho would be great with JA in 2nd half, see if Simon can do anything first. Gumps and Kwassie played well last night so they should get some game time too.

Come on boys!!

jaypee

Fact is we have to win this game to have any chance of finishing top 2. Yes I know its a Captain obvious but.....

That said if a draw is the outcome of today we are third but Sydney will be one Goal ahead. QLD is  another 3 so forget them at the moment.

Sydney have the Tards and they are looking good at the moment. I would like to say a draw or even a tards win.

A lot will be known after tonights game. It may be better for all of us if SFC win tonight as they will only be two in front. We just need to score LOTS next week (AND WIN!!!!!!!!!!!)

Omni

The PREMIERSHIP (nothing minor about it) is not gone yet, Sydney & Queensland will rip eachother apart tonight  and I can see that as a draw then they have two quality teams the next week. One thing is for sure, next week is a MUST win and ideally by a BIG margin.

jaypee

I wonder if those two will be so scared to loose tonight that the result is either a draw or a 1-0 result.

The two results I think we want to see

1) A draw and they rip each other apart - injuries cards you name it
2) a SFC win 1-0 but also they rip each other apart - injuries cards you name it

That way we still can finish 1 or 2....

Jesus

Jesus
I think this will see simon get his  first goal. but he will come from the bench.
Gumps has to play again. He showed alot of movement which really helped

Jocwa08

START MATTY HE WILL SHOOT !
START HIM INFRONT OF SASHO
HE NEEDS A WEEK ON THE BENCH
TO RELISE THAT HE NEEDS TO GET
HIS HEAD IN THE GAME FOR THE
SEMI'S

promdi442

Is it just me or were the referees over the weekend reluctant to give stupid yellow cards that in the past were given and sent players into suspension. Still this weekend will have two Mariners on yellow cards that will see them miss the semi final. Interesting..

fish

Id take 1-0 tbh.
Its a confidence thing now, we all thought Perth would be a 3 or 4 feast for us so Im not predicting a blow out.
The players will know the importance not just to make the fans happy but to show to each other they are mentally ready for finals football.

dibo

i reckon we ought to rest hutch, we're in the finals no matter what, and a yellow against welly means we lose him for both semi-final legs. but we need goals, so while petrovski's in the same position card-wise we have to play him.

vukovic
boogard wilkinson vidmar
    gumprecht jedinak
owens            pondeljak
          simon
    petrovski aloisi

simon will work back into the hole, while gumper has the sort of bustle to play the pain-in-the-arse role in the middle with jedinak and then burst forward, while both owens and pondeljak can play wide while looking to come in and both can cross.

it's a real nothing to lose match, if we lose we are in 3rd or 4th anyway so we might as well go f**king hard at it and hope for the best. even just half an hour of really positive football might win the game and also put them back in the mood for putting some wins together in the finals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred