• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Vs Nix

mariners4ever

i would have the same side as dibo and on the bench i would have redmayne, stringers/clarky, hutch, kwassy.
i probably only bring on hutch if we really need him.

if i was lawrie i would be looking for a either 1-0 or 2-0 win just to get the confidence up and not going out all attack the whole game

northernspirit

I just worked out if Queensland win by 1 single goal against Adelaide (which is highly possible given Adelaides woeful form of late) we would need to win with a 5 goal margin to overtake them. So as Greenpoleffc said, lets just concentrate on getting a win and see what happens from there... no point being too attacking then leaking lots of goals in defence!

for this game id like to see:

-------------------- vukovic -------------------------

wilkinson ------ boogard ------ vidmar ------ checkers

------------------  jedinak -------------------------

-------- owens ---- gumprecht ---- pondeljak --------

----------------- Simon ------ Aloisi -----------------

Give Jedi a bit of a free reign to get forward but also help out the defence

gull

Well the results went our way and we can still finish 1 or 2, but we need to WIN for a change
and win well to boost the goal difference. We will also have the most wins if it comes to that.

We have arguably the easiest game of the four as Melb are red-hot at the moment, Adelaide have close to their full team back and Perth are the scummers bogy side.

We can still do it but it's hard to be confident after the last few weeks.

Tassiemariner

northernspirit said:
I just worked out if Queensland win by 1 single goal against Adelaide (which is highly possible given Adelaides woeful form of late) we would need to win with a 5 goal margin to overtake them. So as Greenpoleffc said, lets just concentrate on getting a win and see what happens from there... no point being too attacking then leaking lots of goals in defence!

for this game id like to see:

-------------------- vukovic -------------------------

wilkinson ------ boogard ------ vidmar ------ checkers

------------------  jedinak -------------------------

-------- owens ---- gumprecht ---- pondeljak --------

----------------- Simon ------ Aloisi -----------------

Give Jedi a bit of a free reign to get forward but also help out the defence

With subs Redmayne Clark Hutcho Sasho

That formation looks absolutly frightning.

I think that we should go into this game not thinking about the result at all. At this moment in time its all about
1)Confidence.
2)Momentum.
3)Sexy Football.

Currently we have none of those 3 points
Since that Sydney game we have lacked the intensity mentally to take on the challenges infront of us and seem to have whimpered away. This has Ruined all Confidence and Momentum.
Lawrie during training needs to get the guys playing 5-a-sides for long periods to get the guys quick pass and move back. this is how we got to be in the Grand final last time and we need to get back in form.

FIRE UP FARKIN!!!!!!  :fireup: :fireup: :pirashoot: :pirashoot:

northernspirit

exactly right, our midfield has been non-existant and as a result it makes it hard for the strikers to create clear cut chances... we need to keep possession better and defend from the front, hence i put Simon in my lineup instead of Sasho, he doesnt score (yet, he will) but he creates and has a great engine but sasho wants it on a silver platter - he needs to be benched as a message from lawrie that he needs to lift his game

jaypee

Hutch needs to be on the bench. I also worry about Boogs as he is one away from a game of.

So I think you have to play Clarke, Wilko, Viddy and Checkers as your back 3

Jocwa08

sorry completely off topic i picked this up on their forum,

Not according to that Serious14 douche on their forum...

"Also gotta love how the media is saying "an accidental elbow" by Griffiths on Kwasnik...... despite their being momentum behind his swing WITH A CLOSED F*CKING FIST. Ban for the rest of the season thanks, the prick doesn't deserve to breathe, let alone play football. But of course, some bullsh*t excuse will be trotted out, heaven forbid the FFA grew a pair of balls and handed out something resembling a decent ban to the c*nt."

What a load of garbage

We love you serious, we do
oh serious we love you

uncleyellow

Whoever walks onto the park, I just hope they walk out with a cold, clinincal, unforgiving heart.
Ready and prepared to put the game completely out of reach, regardless!! :pirashoot:

FIRE UP EVERYONE.

Omni

I'm already nervous about this one.

I'm sorry to say it, but I'm really not as wild on Matty Simon as everyone else is, he's been just as guilty as Saso of missing chances, that one against Melbourne was pretty shocking. Of course locals are immune from crticism (well young locals)

serious14

Jocwa08 said:
sorry completely off topic i picked this up on their forum,

Not according to that Serious14 douche on their forum...

"Also gotta love how the media is saying "an accidental elbow" by Griffiths on Kwasnik...... despite their being momentum behind his swing WITH A CLOSED F*CKING FIST. Ban for the rest of the season thanks, the prick doesn't deserve to breathe, let alone play football. But of course, some bullsh*t excuse will be trotted out, heaven forbid the FFA grew a pair of balls and handed out something resembling a decent ban to the c*nt."

What a load of garbage

We love you serious, we do
oh serious we love you

*takes a bow*  Thank you, thank you.  Why is it that Griffiths seems to be immune from criticism??  I don't give a shit if you're in the form of your life, you can't run around hitting people in the face/balls/wherever, it's just not on.

The hero worship of Griffiths on that forum disturbs me....... surely it has to be purely football based and nothing else??  Because he has precisely zero other redeeming qualities.

S

soccersensei

We're in the finals, but confidence is obviously down and not surprisingly with the refereeing, critical losses and injuries the boys have all suffered. :headbutt:

Cold and clinical, I like it uncle yellow!
It's time for Lawrie to get angry, and its clearly time to mix things up and get creative,
yes there's a shot at the minor still, and hey i'll certainly be more than hoping, but a firing functioning team is what is paramount as we head into the finals.

I'm hot on Matty Omni, and Ill explain why...

Sasho and John as a striking partnership don't work... least ways without someone to break open the opposing defensive four for them. As strikers they both play the same brand of football, and neither has the speed to break the line and put pressure on the back four like turkey slapper Griffiths...Archie...Burns... Dodd...Zullo...Rukavytsia etc etc et Mother fracking cetera... We have a dire NEED for SPEED - and a style of play that breaks open the game and isn't just threading the needle ala Sasho. Cue Matty Simon!  We need more from John and sasho than to stand around being mauled by the oppostions defense every week. On saturday Hutch and Tommy looked like they struggled to play the ball to our two frontmen because they simply weren't able to create any convincing space for themselves - yet Johnny is still a class above Sasho and has better positioning and instincts to boot. So SASHO must go to the bench or we need to start ALL THREE, then sub Sasho with Kwassie at 60 mins.

Midfield, great idea, we should rest Hutch with great attentive care and start Gumps instead - with Owens back in I think the midfield will hold - and Hutch is a vital ingredient to a our toilet seat campaign.

BUT OUR DEFENCE!!!
We've scored the most goals, we should be fricking top on goal difference! And thats with Danny boys incredible stops time and time again!

Boy, someone say a need for speed!!!!??? And now without Heff... It's clearly our biggest trouble, much more so than our attack as we head into the finals campaign. Wilko's not slow once he gets going but he seems to lack acceleration and isn't exerting enough physical presence - what a lovely guy, but he needs to be a prick sometimes - see Moore and Og brute for Prick lessons. Not North, some lines must not be crossed or one may not return. Viddy still positions well and defends some crucial plays, but as all know his acceleration seems to be gone. Boogs, holy crap???!!! Anyone else getting sacred he's going to become our defensive Mrdja? It was all looking so very very good till he copped that ball in the noggin...and now for one reason or another we just can't seem to keep him on the park!

So...you take acceleration out of a back four that also has a tendency to get caught defending high and then play the basic over the top ball el scummo style (just such basic attacking football) that everyone keeps playing against us - SMALL WONDER WHY - as we are carved open by it again and again and again... and even more frustrating is that it's not until 80 frickin minutes when Matty finally comes on, that we can even conceive of doing the same back!!! It's driving me absolutely FARKING insane!!!

Clarkey, well he actually has better acceleration than most our defensive guys, though yes he had an off game, however his other recent performances still buy him some credit in my book and I'm confident that he will lift once more from here as like Matty Clarkey's all heart too. Such players can be depended upon.

Well, I know i'd rather win the major than the minor! And it's all there to be played for now,
which the result of a seasons hard and terrific work. Lets bring em home saturday,
win lose or draw with a resounding ovation!

Though a win seems admittedly crucial in so may ways.

Best Wishes all
       &
Long Live our Mighty Yelllow Army  :eek:verhead:

uncleyellow

Just read on 442 site, Aloisi has coped an injury at the training squad, his left hamstring.
:headbutt:

I hope its just a niggle, for our sakes and the socceroos!

FFC Mariner

We defend high up the park to try and press the opposition. Trouble is that we are very vulnerable to balls over the top to quick strikers.

This has been blindingly obvious for a few weeks (even slater notices).

I also agree that JA and Sasho just doesnt work as a partnership. JA is your classic target man who needs a hard working, quick player running off him. 2 things that Petrovski certainly aint.

I'd go 343 this week

Danny
Boogs (or Viddie),Wilko, Clarky
Jedi
Tommy Gumps Owens
Kwas JA Simon

brett

uncleyellow said:
Just read on 442 site, Aloisi has coped an injury at the training squad, his left hamstring.
:headbutt:

I hope its just a niggle, for our sakes and the socceroos!

It was a knock to his knee in the Jets game but he should be fine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred