• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matchday 22 v Plastics

Coastalraider

Overall thoughts…

Ruon is well off the pace.
Storm really is trash.
Neither of our young DMs have come back from covid well.
Farrell is god.
Nkololo will be spending some time on the pine when we have a fit team.
We really miss Nizz-covic.
We may just need the cumm-dog.

I’m glad we still played that game even though we technically could have postponed, we lost the match, but getting big minutes into a tonne of kids will pay off for us further down the track.

marinermick

Overall thoughts…

Storm really is trash.
Farrell is god.

I’m glad we still played that game even though we technically could have postponed, we lost the match, but getting big minutes into a tonne of kids will pay off for us further down the track.

Pretty succinct summary. I would add Moresche to that poor pile and being off the pace. I really hope the Cum Dog can harass defenders and press well because our current two can’t.

true believer

Overall thoughts…

Storm really is trash.
Farrell is god.

Storm beat leckie for 74 minutes .

turbo

Gus is correct. New law says no handball as it deflected off another part of his body first.
I don’t think that’s the angle they’ve gone with, more calling it accidental handball in the buildup. Personally I would t consider that build up and understood the intention to avoid VAR ruling out because of a glance on a hand somewhere in the outfield.

marinermick

I don’t think that’s the angle they’ve gone with, more calling it accidental handball in the buildup. Personally I would t consider that build up and understood the intention to avoid VAR ruling out because of a glance on a hand somewhere in the outfield.

That’s going off what Harper was saying. Not the first time he has been wrong on the laws. Anyway the normies will blame the decision for our loss but we were already losing and gassed at the time.

Covid has not been kind to us.

scottmac

Suspended
Actually think that taking this now could force a change in the way the league deal with positive cases. I think it's great that we took this game against the champions with a very thin side and were not embarrassed. 5 isn't enough positive cases to postpone a match.

Last edited:

scottmac

Suspended
Pretty succinct summary. I would add Moresche to that poor pile and being off the pace. I really hope the Cum Dog can harass defenders and press well because our current two can’t.
You've got it in for Moresche. He was not off the pace or poor tonight and was nearly the only one showing any fire in the first stanza. Quick on the ball, always looks to beat his man, and if he gets that through ball 1 step before he knocks it around Glover for the go ahead. It's really good to see someone in the side with the fire that Matty has. He'll take the left side when cumdog gets here.

pjennings

Not overly worried. Played last years champions with 4 current from the current Socceroo squad. Plus side is we are adding to our strikers apparently and the players hopefully will recover. Potential bad news is renewed talk of Birraz going.

Miller, Nisbet and Hall all starters out with Covid. Muller and Kuol who both probably would have been on the bench out with Covid. Simon still out with a neck injury.

Our most experienced bench player has played 257 A League minutes and they bring on a 93 game veteran of the EPL. We ended the game with 6 players that last season were playing NPL2 and City still was trying to waste time.

Last edited:

turbo

You've got it in for Moresche. He was not off the pace or poor tonight and was nearly the only one showing any fire in the first stanza. Quick on the ball, always looks to beat his man, and if he gets that through ball 1 step before he knocks it around Glover for the go ahead. It's really good to see someone in the side with the fire that Matty has. He'll take the left side when cumdog gets here.
Agree. Today he sent a message that he won’t give up his spot willingly. Think he’ll do well on a wing as long as he can defend consistently.

marinermick

Disagree I have it in for him. He was hired to score goals and has none unless against NPL opposition.

The amount of times I was yelling at the screen because he allowed defenders to easily play out the back were numerous today.

If you think he had a good game today then you really need to go back and look at the game again. As for having “Marty’s fire” you’re having a laugh.

Ancient Mariner

He will lose his place to Cumdog or Matty, but hopefully he will learn to be clinical under the senior players as he develops.
I like Benni for similar reasons. He is another who will improve.

Ancient Mariner

What I did take from this match is that we have an effective squad of about 15 or 16 players there are others coming through but are miles from being ready, even for the bench, yet.

turbo

He will lose his place to Cumdog or Matty, but hopefully he will learn to be clinical under the senior players as he develops.
I like Benni for similar reasons. He is another who will improve.
Matty is a long way off starting, hasn’t even got back to the bench yet nevermind being match fit. I think based on what we’ve seen from Goddard, Nkolo and Moresche if late Moresche looks most likely to be able to play left wing at full pace in the short term.

turbo

What I did take from this match is that we have an effective squad of about 15 or 16 players there are others coming through but are miles from being ready, even for the bench, yet.
And I don’t think that’s quite fair. There’s a big difference to slotting into a line up that’s pretty settled and being part of wholesale changes to an out of shape side.

Huddo

I'm sorry but the new rules are stupider than the old ones, how the f**k was that that arm in a natural position? And two, with out the touch who knows where the f**k the ball goes.

This is turning in to a f**king stupid sport.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami