• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matchday 8 - The Simpsons vs The Smurfs

Start Garang?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

marinermick

With Ayongo out that paves the way for Garang to start.

I wonder if he will drop Beni and start Ruhs or Silvera?

Can’t see any other changes by Monty. He won’t be dropping his captain at this stage, and Kaltak won’t dispose Hall or Triantis.

After last week we really need a response from the boys to keep us in the race. Another loss and we will be playing serious catch up football against the Cities/Victory/Adelaides of this comp, with plenty of away games.

Ancient Mariner

To treat your question seriously.

I originally spent every game in Bay 16 for the first 3 years. After ruining my vocal chords age caught up with me and I have left the active support to the younger fitter members.

I feel that by being in Bay 16 and leaving at 20 min to the protest is a way that my concerns can be brought to the powers that be in the hope that they realise who their clients really are and with the hope that they may listen in the future.

This decision has come about after years of frustration with the management of the game in this country.

Like those who will be with me the decision is my own personal choice.

I am a foundation member of this Club and I am now actually considering why am I wasting my money, time and emotions on this disorganised league.

Ozhammer

With Ayongo out that paves the way for Garang to start.

I wonder if he will drop Beni and start Ruhs or Silvera?

Can’t see any other changes by Monty. He won’t be dropping his captain at this stage, and Kaltak won’t dispose Hall or Triantis.

After last week we really need a response from the boys to keep us in the race. Another loss and we will be playing serious catch up football against the Cities/Victory/Adelaides of this comp, with plenty of away games.
Monty dropped underperforming players previously, so look forward to him doing the same today. The suspects in the Jest game were worryingly similar to the Perf effort, so any failure to maintain the required levels needs to be reinforced imho

turbo

I’m not here to start anything just curious on how many of you guys actually go in the active bay every game and who made the decision to do a walk out?
Does it matter? If someone wants to lend their presence to the protest they should be welcome to. Where you sit doesn’t change whether you support this decision or not.

I see you’re not moving - why? Would it really kill you to shuffle over 1 bay?

MrCelery

Is it just me or does anyone else not really care about the Aleague right now?

I've been a fan since day 1, through the horrible years and grand final victories...

But after watching the world cup for 3 weeks, coming back to a lacklustre performance and now this APL bullshit, it's killed the vibe a little.

I hope it comes back but I'm not going to lie, I'm slipping.
A true football purist loves the game and needs their fix at any level. From Juniors, through the lower 'shit-kickers leagues', youth leagues, to APL leagues (male/female), and the world beyond.

As a code we are spoilt that we have such good quality at the pointy end on the world stage. Something the oval ball codes can only dream and be jealous of.

Luke

If your walking out this day then why not every day the last 13 yrs? You're only walking out for every other team. Not us.
The situations are not even comparable.

07/08 had us and the scum averaging almost 15k. CCS holds 20k. The league was in it's infancy and wanted to give it's showpiece day every chance to be as big as it could. Two 'regional' teams pulling almost 35k down the road was huge news. I didn't agree with it then, still don't, but on reflection can somewhat wrap my head around it.

For 12/13, Parramatta was (still is) a shithole. The joint was in worse condition than Grahame Park/Bluetongue/CCS/Industreewhatever. Parra held 21k and WSW were averaging 15k.

Trying to compare these to the game selling its soul to one city/government for the benefit of a few 100k per season per club just isn't it. Punishing teams and fans for the poor management of the TV rights and unbundling from FA? No thanks. Can't wait for the inevitable grand final between two teams from the opposite side of the country with 70% neutrals.

Ads

-———Hall———-Triantis———Farrell———
Sash——-Niz——-Balard——Tulio———Ruys
———————-Cummings————————-
————————Garang—————————-

Subs:
Silvera 4 Cummings
Steele 4 Tulio
Aquilina 4 Sash
Ayongo 4 Garang
Beni 4 Ruys

Gone with a 3-5-2 today.
Not going to happen but can dream of something g different.

Tulio, Niz and Cummings to feed Garang or go wide to Sash or Ruys.

Against the slower Sydney backs go hard and for f**ks sake get the first goal or 2.

Ironbark

One thing that threw me about this deal was the 3 years. Locking in a national competitions premier event into one capital city only for multiple years is odd, selfish and unfair.

To be clear I'm with most in saying that I don't think the hosting rights should have been touched. Even though it doesn't impact me or my club directly.
But if they were going to do something like this why not lock in every third year or something to spread it around? May have attracted a little less vitriol with other locations having options.
Any other location with a team in form now know they aren't going to get a grand final at home for at least 4 years - of course you'd be angry.

Support the move from bay 16 (and 15 + 17 if possible). Can still watch the game and yell for the boys whilst making the point to the douchebags in charge.

I do feel sorry for CCM with the smurfs active boycotting. That's a lot of lost revenue from tickets.

Ironbark

-———Hall———-Triantis———Farrell———
Sash——-Niz——-Balard——Tulio———Ruys
———————-Cummings————————-
————————Garang—————————-

Subs:
Silvera 4 Cummings
Steele 4 Tulio
Aquilina 4 Sash
Ayongo 4 Garang
Beni 4 Ruys

Gone with a 3-5-2 today.
Not going to happen but can dream of something g different.

Tulio, Niz and Cummings to feed Garang or go wide to Sash or Ruys.

Against the slower Sydney backs go hard and for f**ks sake get the first goal or 2.
I don't mind that

Ads

Tulio can slow down and be another man to pick up second balls in the middle.

Can still move forward once ball go wide so we have 5/6 players surrounding different areas of the box when the ball comes back in.

With 3 at the back Sash, Niz, Ruys and Ballard are the more stronger defensive minded to support the backs.

Last week Niz was the one instructed to keep moving up and left Balard stranded on many occasions. (Not niz fault)

Ayongo, Silvera, Steele will still be strong enough to make impact off the bench.

marinermick

Tulio can slow down and be another man to pick up second balls in the middle.

Can still move forward once ball go wide so we have 5/6 players surrounding different areas of the box when the ball comes back in.

With 3 at the back Sash, Niz, Ruys and Ballard are the more stronger defensive minded to support the backs.

Last week Niz was the one instructed to keep moving up and left Balard stranded on many occasions. (Not niz fault)

Ayongo, Silvera, Steele will still be strong enough to make impact off the bench.

Ayongo is injured

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred