• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matchday 8 - The Simpsons vs The Smurfs

Start Garang?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

marinermick

How the f**k do you expect me to be able to tell you exact figures mate? You think I’m inside the APL talking to their legal advisors? Come off it champ lmao.

I’m clearly going on what we’ve been told by people involved, including our own Richard Peil. If you want exact figures go ask Richard, what a stupid thing to expect me to be able to tell you. I am just relaying what we’ve been told which everyone seems to ignore because they won’t to be on the outrage bandwagon. ?

Blindly accepts the words of billionaires and multimillionaires crying foul of money and becomes their mouth piece on this forum.

And then we all get called sheep.

“Four legs good, two legs bad. Four legs good, two legs bad.”

Last edited:

StensnessGOAT

“Sources familiar with the matter say that the APL was required by a clause in that contract to achieve a certain number of subscriptions for Paramount+, the paid streaming service which launched last year in Australia and shows the majority of A-Leagues matches, but fell short of reaching the required target.”

‘As a result, the APL received less money than anticipated from Network 10 this season, and distributions to the 12 clubs were lower as a result - requiring A-League executives to look for another source of income to help make up the shortfall and keep some of the more precariously placed clubs from falling over.”

@marinermick oh but but but..... I’m marinermick, I can’t be wrong

marinermick

“Sources familiar with the matter say that the APL was required by a clause in that contract to achieve a certain number of subscriptions for Paramount+, the paid streaming service which launched last year in Australia and shows the majority of A-Leagues matches, but fell short of reaching the required target.”

‘As a result, the APL received less money than anticipated from Network 10 this season, and distributions to the 12 clubs were lower as a result - requiring A-League executives to look for another source of income to help make up the shortfall and keep some of the more precariously placed clubs from falling over.”

@marinermick oh but but but..... I’m marinermick, I can’t be wrong

I am wrong plenty of times. However, this not about who is right and wrong. It is about your grandiose claims.

I am just trying understand the financials that make you so certain that ending this deal will kill the Mariners and be a massive devastating financial blow to the league.

They are massive claims. You made the claim so the burden of proof falls on you to provide the evidence of which you admitted you have none. All you have is some non specific quote (not credited) about TV subscriptions and some non specific, placating press release from Richard Peil.

Big Al

So apparently there is a game on Saturday.

I think the issues around the league have been discussed enough and everyone has expressed there view. Maybe move any further discussion over to that thread and just leave this for the game.

We need to pull our fingers out big time and have had trouble with SFC lately. They seemed to have worked us out after we had some dominance early last year and the year before. Their kids are good and there use of wide players and cut backs really catch us out so we need to bust a gut to defend properly.

Beni has to sit for me. Last time Monty dropped players they came on and scored as subs so there was a good attitude change to being dropped. So needs to happen again

Tilio Cummings and Rhus would be my 3 as Silvera has been lazy when starting but might get in over Rhus

The Aussie CB pairing is a must

If Roux is recovered i’d prefer his more defensive approach early with Aqualina as a sub

Most importantly we need a shit load more intensity

Ben10

Start Garang. We lost last week so changes are justified. On merit & performance he has earned a starting spot. He is the best player available on the team. Start him.

Kinda wouldn't mind seeing the below to see how it goes, I noticed Monty put Tulio up top for a little while in the second half. He doesn't bring the intensity but might have the quality we desperately need.

--------------Danny (just)---------
Aquilina---Hall---Triantis---Faz---
Silvera----Maxi----Niz-----Garang
-----------Tulio--------------------
----------------Cumdingo---------

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members