• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matchday 8 - The Simpsons vs The Smurfs

Start Garang?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Neilmcloudy

I'm confused, don't know if we are discussing any actual factual information. I wonder if we can protest the decision the 5 f***whits have made without abandoning the players? For me the 5 should be pressured out of there lofty positions, every stone should be overturned to get out of this contract and worse case scenario all teams an make sure it only happens for 3 years. How quickly politics in sport sours the mood. I will watch the whole game and not be in Bay 16.

Huddo

I'm confused, don't know if we are discussing any actual factual information. I wonder if we can protest the decision the 5 f***whits have made without abandoning the players? For me the 5 should be pressured out of there lofty positions, every stone should be overturned to get out of this contract and worse case scenario all teams an make sure it only happens for 3 years. How quickly politics in sport sours the mood. I will watch the whole game and not be in Bay 16.

4, ADP is already gone from victory.

LG__

How is wanting the Mariners to exist over allowing Perth Glory to host a Grand Final at HBF Park a lonely hill? You’d rather kill our club for the sake of the other clubs getting to host a Grand Final? Yes it’s a lonely hill for us Mariners fans to go against, but we should be advocating for killing our club to be on the same hill as f**king Melbourne City or Melbourne Victory fans?

There’s a hell of a lot of sheep syndrome going on here. When I first saw it I was like “haha, lol. How stupid, A-League doesn’t have the drawing ability to pull off a neutral GF”. Did not expect it to blow up to European Super League proportions. Yes it’s dumb as f**k, but reversing it cripples our club. So we have no choice but to go through with it or probably kill the Mariners. I’m not sure it’s a big enough deal to kill my club over... I couldn’t follow the A-League anymore if my beloved Mariners ceased to exist. Massive sheep syndrome. Everyone else is outraged so we will be too. Even just comments about me “reading the room wrong”, that in itself lends to sheep syndrome. Everyone else is outraged so I’ve read the room wrong and need to follow the leader?

I absolutely agree the decision was stupid and should never have happened. It’s virtually impossible to overturn now without f**king the league up even worse and killing our own club. Are you a Mariners fan or a greater good fan?
A couple hundred thousand a season is not going to be the difference between staying afloat and going under.

adz

Staff member
A lot of conversation in here re the financial stuff so I'll just reply here rather than creating a new thread.

For me it doesn't seem right to say assume this would cripple or kill the Mariners if the deal didn't go through. Maybe even a bit insulting to the club. It's not like it would be money lost, it would be part of some shitty deal that the club wasn't involved in not coming in. I'm sure the club has budgets worked out for various periods that don't rely on some random deal landing otherwise we don't stay afloat.

The other point I'd like to address is if we knocked back this deal we might not get the chance again, that the government rarely makes offers like this, so we need to take it while we can. Ok so we don't get the chance to accept some shitty offer to piss off fans (customers yes) and other stakeholders for relatively f**k all money. Ok? Come back with a serious offer.

And finally the line that is being pushed that this is about keeping the whole league alive. 10 mill, 20 mill, whatever over the next 3 years means life of death for the league. If that's true the league is really up the shit!

StensnessGOAT

So you can’t tell me if there would be legal ramifications, can’t tell me if there would be compensation, can’t give me any details of any compensation figure, but you are absolutely certain that this will kill the Mariners and be an absolute financial disaster for the league if it didn’t go ahead.

Riiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhttttttt.
How the f**k do you expect me to be able to tell you exact figures mate? You think I’m inside the APL talking to their legal advisors? Come off it champ lmao.

I’m clearly going on what we’ve been told by people involved, including our own Richard Peil. If you want exact figures go ask Richard, what a stupid thing to expect me to be able to tell you. I am just relaying what we’ve been told which everyone seems to ignore because they won’t to be on the outrage bandwagon. ?

StensnessGOAT

All the people that sit in the wings, I get why they don’t wanna sit with ya’s now ? they’ll still be there Saturday, don’t you worry. ?

style_cafe

The way I see it, for what it`s worth, is that :-
a) We are are locked in for 3 years.
b) We don`t want to lose any future government grants,assistance etc.
c) We want the League to survive. (not that it`s in danger now)
e) We don`t like Townsend
f) Perottet is a dick and has used public money in an attempt to get re-elected.
g)We were all happy with the way the venue was selected before (except when we were shafted)

1) So if we are locked in and accept it, items 1-3 as a club we can live with.
2) We use this as a platform to unite the clubs and get rid of Townsend with banners at all games from here on in until he goes and at a designated time in all games we have a 1 minute chant of TOWNSEND OUT! from fans from both clubs. Say at 22.5 mins.
3) Ditto for Perottet but get a promise of more funding from the incoming government if he gets booted. Perottet out chant can start at 67.5mins
4) We get all clubs represented on the APL with fan groups also getting some representation at meetings and all clubs sign up to have the grand final played at the highest ranking participants ground that season.

:popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

FFC Mariner

The way I see it, for what it`s worth, is that :-
a) We are are locked in for 3 years.
b) We don`t want to lose any future government grants,assistance etc.
c) We want the League to survive. (not that it`s in danger now)
e) We don`t like Townsend
f) Perottet is a dick and has used public money in an attempt to get re-elected.
g)We were all happy with the way the venue was selected before (except when we were shafted)

1) So if we are locked in and accept it, items 1-3 as a club we can live with.
2) We use this as a platform to unite the clubs and get rid of Townsend with banners at all games from here on in until he goes and at a designated time in all games we have a 1 minute chant of TOWNSEND OUT! from fans from both clubs. Say at 22.5 mins.
3) Ditto for Perottet but get a promise of more funding from the incoming government if he gets booted. Perottet out chant can start at 67.5mins
4) We get all clubs represented on the APL with fan groups also getting some representation at meetings and all clubs sign up to have the grand final played at the highest ranking participants ground that season.

:popcorn: :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
I think Clownsend swinging in the breeze is a start.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred