• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matchday 8 - The Simpsons vs The Smurfs

Start Garang?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ads

I think if we are to accept this and fans to move on they need to be 100 and I mean 100% transparent about where the money is being spent.

* Does each club get the EXACT same amount?

* What about the rest of the money, is it going to pay off app, fantasy, maintenance, marketing?

It simply can’t favour a particular club or individuals running a club.
Every single dollar must go to furthering the league.

FFC Mariner

I think if we are to accept this and fans to move on they need to be 100 and I mean 100% transparent about where the money is being spent.

* Does each club get the EXACT same amount?

* What about the rest of the money, is it going to pay off app, fantasy, maintenance, marketing?

It simply can’t favour a particular club or individuals running a club.
Every single dollar must go to furthering the league.
I don't think clubs get anything directly. It goes into the pot from which their allocations are paid.
They started with Danny's festival of football and have pivoted to money.

Corsair

I don't think clubs get anything directly. It goes into the pot from which their allocations are paid.
They started with Danny's festival of football and have pivoted to money.
I keep thinking of this song for some reason...

you-spin-me-round-dead-or-alive.gif

StensnessGOAT

Some hill you’ve chosen here; I think you’ll find it’s quite a lonely one. The fact that you actively want to support this monumental f**k up by attending the grand final probably speaks more to who actually has rocks in their head.
. psst ... i think Syd is mad about your unwavering support of a decision that nobody else supports. maybe he thinks he is responding to DT's CCMFans account because that is what it seems (he couldn't read the room either)

. enjoy the next three years of GFs in Sydney because i think they'll be the last. i can't see Sydney winning the rights again in an open market
Dick, is that you?
How is wanting the Mariners to exist over allowing Perth Glory to host a Grand Final at HBF Park a lonely hill? You’d rather kill our club for the sake of the other clubs getting to host a Grand Final? Yes it’s a lonely hill for us Mariners fans to go against, but we should be advocating for killing our club to be on the same hill as f**king Melbourne City or Melbourne Victory fans?

There’s a hell of a lot of sheep syndrome going on here. When I first saw it I was like “haha, lol. How stupid, A-League doesn’t have the drawing ability to pull off a neutral GF”. Did not expect it to blow up to European Super League proportions. Yes it’s dumb as f**k, but reversing it cripples our club. So we have no choice but to go through with it or probably kill the Mariners. I’m not sure it’s a big enough deal to kill my club over... I couldn’t follow the A-League anymore if my beloved Mariners ceased to exist. Massive sheep syndrome. Everyone else is outraged so we will be too. Even just comments about me “reading the room wrong”, that in itself lends to sheep syndrome. Everyone else is outraged so I’ve read the room wrong and need to follow the leader?

I absolutely agree the decision was stupid and should never have happened. It’s virtually impossible to overturn now without f**king the league up even worse and killing our own club. Are you a Mariners fan or a greater good fan?

StensnessGOAT

You cannot go to back before this deal was announced.

Yes, I’m on the same hill in that I wish the deal was never signed and announced in the first place and we’ve have home GFs just like before.

However we don’t have a time machine to go back to before they signed off on this. So get into reality. We can’t go back to the way it was before. There’s two new realities to choose from. A-League GFs in Sydney, or an either financially crippled Mariners or probably a defunct Mariners. I know which hill I’m standing on, even if I’m alone...

bikinigirl

How is wanting the Mariners to exist over allowing Perth Glory to host a Grand Final at HBF Park a lonely hill? You’d rather kill our club for the sake of the other clubs getting to host a Grand Final? Yes it’s a lonely hill for us Mariners fans to go against, but we should be advocating for killing our club to be on the same hill as f**king Melbourne City or Melbourne Victory fans?

There’s a hell of a lot of sheep syndrome going on here. When I first saw it I was like “haha, lol. How stupid, A-League doesn’t have the drawing ability to pull off a neutral GF”. Did not expect it to blow up to European Super League proportions. Yes it’s dumb as f**k, but reversing it cripples our club. So we have no choice but to go through with it or probably kill the Mariners. I’m not sure it’s a big enough deal to kill my club over... I couldn’t follow the A-League anymore if my beloved Mariners ceased to exist. Massive sheep syndrome. Everyone else is outraged so we will be too. Even just comments about me “reading the room wrong”, that in itself lends to sheep syndrome. Everyone else is outraged so I’ve read the room wrong and need to follow the leader?

I absolutely agree the decision was stupid and should never have happened. It’s virtually impossible to overturn now without f**king the league up even worse and killing our own club. Are you a Mariners fan or a greater good fan?

. ok i'll re-phrase ... your view is loud and clear - it varies from pretty much every poster here. you're not likely to change any one else's view - so is it beneficial to respond to so many posts continually saying you don't think it is as big a deal as everybody else?

. it just antagonises people to keep calling you out and disagreeing - there may even be a term for that type of behaviour

StensnessGOAT

. ok i'll re-phrase ... your view is loud and clear - it varies from pretty much every poster here. you're not likely to change any one else's view - so is it beneficial to respond to so many posts continually saying you don't think it is as big a deal as everybody else?

. it just antagonises people to keep calling you out and disagreeing - there may even be a term for that type of behaviour
How can it possibly be different though? How can people be so willing to kill the club that we all supposedly support and log into this forum for? For the sake of not having Grand Finals in Sydney? Really??

I could say the same about everyone else. Your views are loud and clear. It’s not likely to change what’s happened, and if it does then it’ll have devastating consequences, so why do it then?

We cannot go back to the way it was. The past is the past, it cannot go back to that way now. There is a fork in the road. One leads to Grand Finals in Sydney, one leads to a probably defunct Mariners. That’s the reality that no one seems to be living in, they just want to go back to the way it was, which is impossible.

Protesting to keep my football club alive is absolutely something I’ll fight for.

marinermick

How can it possibly be different though? How can people be so willing to kill the club that we all supposedly support and log into this forum for? For the sake of not having Grand Finals in Sydney? Really??

I could say the same about everyone else. Your views are loud and clear. It’s not likely to change what’s happened, and if it does then it’ll have devastating consequences, so why do it then?

We cannot go back to the way it was. The past is the past, it cannot go back to that way now. There is a fork in the road. One leads to Grand Finals in Sydney, one leads to a probably defunct Mariners. That’s the reality that no one seems to be living in, they just want to go back to the way it was, which is impossible.

Protesting to keep my football club alive is absolutely something I’ll fight for.

Geez, you have penchant for drama and the extreme.

Can you tell me exactly that if this deal doesn’t go through how it will “kripple” the club, how it will kill the club like you implied, and what “devastating consequences” it will have for club?

FFC Mariner

I’ll be in the active bay on Saturday as per normal and I’ll be there the whole game. It’s alright for some to voice their opinions and not others. I’ll be standing and singing loud and proud for the Mariners
In @Jimmy wise words. "You do you.'
Stop with the virtue signalling.
I know people who aren't going, people who will walk out and people who won't.
I'd also suggest the majority have no idea what's happening and will do nothing
Each to their own

adz

Staff member
I was going to try splitting some of these posts out into the thread about the grand finals, but it kinda morphed into that conversation and I couldn't quite work out what to keep and what to move.

Anyway. I think it's fine saying your opinion - that's what the forum is all about right? Just maybe don't try so hard to sway other people into agreeing. Not aimed at anyone in particular.

giphy.gif

Jimmy

Can you tell me exactly that if this deal doesn’t go through how it will “kripple” the club, how it will kill the club like you implied, and what “devastating consequences” it will have for club?

It's like he thinks covering the cost of 1 or 2 players will save every club in the league.

Needs a dose of reality.

Charlie1

Just a thought I know everyone has an opinion on this. Personally I won’t be walking out I want to support my team. I think it was mentioned before and would look better if you want to stay just move over so bay 16 is totally empty. That would look better on tv and might send a message. Just an idea let’s work together we all agree the decision was stupid.

StensnessGOAT

Did you not read the email from Richard?

“It was also made abundantly clear that exiting the deal would result in hundreds of thousands of dollars in essential funding to the Mariners from the League being drastically reduced.” “As one of the smallest clubs in the league, and one that currently loses millions of dollars every year, we rely on funding from the League, and we rely on being able to have positive relationships with government moving forward. Frankly, both are essential to our long term viability.”

That’s coming from the man bankrolling the club, we need league funding to stay alive. To pull out of this deal now would have major major damaging financial ramifications for the league. It wouldn’t just be losing the $10 million or whatever it was that it could have had, it would be massive compensation the league would have to pay out, probably court cases etc. There’s a reason the APL doubled down on this the other day, and it’s not because they want to piss off the fans, as much as everyone likes to make that out to be the case. They simply cannot afford to pull out now, it’s a long term existential threat to pull out. It’s not about the $10 million it won’t receive, it’s about it’s own money it’ll have to actually lose to pull out.

As for what are the devastating consequences? No more Mariners? Dunno about you but that’s pretty devastating to my life.

Not sure how I have a penchant for drama and the extreme when everyone else is literally advocating turning up to a game, sitting there for 20 minutes and then walking out, over a few neutral Grand Finals? Sounds pretty dramatic to me. ?

Jimmy

Just a thought I know everyone has an opinion on this. Personally I won’t be walking out I want to support my team. I think it was mentioned before and would look better if you want to stay just move over so bay 16 is totally empty. That would look better on tv and might send a message. Just an idea let’s work together we all agree the decision was stupid.

This is all we ask for, an empty bay 16, stay in the stadium, sing and support the boys if you want.

StensnessGOAT

i guarantee the fans of other codes in Australia aren’t laughing at the A-League for deciding to host GFs in Sydney. They are laughing at the fans for their ridiculous overreaction. No other sport in the world would react like this and do walk outs like it’s the end of the world. The APL hasn’t stuffed up the momentum from the World Cup, the fans have. From having AFL, NRL, cricket, Rugby Union, basketball fans rallying around Australian soccer, they’ve copped a poorly timed reminder of how bizarre and precious soccer fans in this country are. As a fan of soccer in this country but also other sports, soccer fans really do bring it all on themselves.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred