• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matildas thread

Big Al

Mary Fowler is such an elegant player, shame they still persist with the cart horse that is Van Egmond though……. :(
I thought they had blown the opportunity not getting it to her earlier in her run but was perfect and great first touch. She could have a really big world cup.

There’s a few players i am surprised are still around. I would of expected new women to push them out by now

pjennings

Raso's involvement in the crowd (she and Fowler were player as twin strikers) reminded my of JC. she dropped back into her half to receive the ball from Carpenter and touched it through to Cooney-Cross before coming through to receive the ball and crossing to Fowler who finished superbly.

Stuartmcateer

There’s a few players i am surprised are still around. I would of expected new women to push them out by now
I would say there are a few in this squad that will be replaced by a new crop for the next Asian cup/world cup cycle - unless they win the thing.

Given also a few players are already under injury clouds there may be some fresh meat in the next week.

Ozhammer

Looking at all those empty seats, makes me very irritated at not being able to work through FIFA’s bullshit ticketing cabal to get a couple of seats.

This game should be a sell out and if it’s not, that’s on FIFA

sydmariner

Looking at all those empty seats, makes me very irritated at not being able to work through FIFA’s bullshit ticketing cabal to get a couple of seats.

This game should be a sell out and if it’s not, that’s on FIFA
Official crowd was 75784.

Stuartmcateer

Why is that?
They pulled a crowd of 75000 surely they should get an equal percentage as the men.. :popcorn:

As elite sports people in the entertainment field their pay should be based on their money making ability like all other athletes.
I’m not talking about merchandise- they deserve an equal share of whatever shirts and other fluff they sell the same as the men. I’m talking about tournament money.

With the exception of a well taken penalty the quality was fairly average. If they are in the entertainment business then they didn’t deliver.

The 75000 were largely silent except for the Irish fans and the Mexican wave (which is usually a good indication of how poor a game is).

Plus the bulk of the 75000 were there because it’s a World Cup.

They deserve more than they currently get but not the same as the men’s World Cup.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

I’m not talking about merchandise- they deserve an equal share of whatever shirts and other fluff they sell the same as the men. I’m talking about tournament money.

With the exception of a well taken penalty the quality was fairly average. If they are in the entertainment business then they didn’t deliver.

The 75000 were largely silent except for the Irish fans and the Mexican wave (which is usually a good indication of how poor a game is).

Plus the bulk of the 75000 were there because it’s a World Cup.

They deserve more than they currently get but not the same as the men’s World Cup.
They will be giving them the vote next

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred