• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Member forum 2 Feb... and Gold/Platinum seating changes

Tevor

Is the cost of ALW team a factor in being in the red? If it is perhaps it was a mistake and should have been kicked down the road? Does the extra cost for membership seating provide ALW games as an additional spectacle?
That would be being transparent. No one knows how the $2m figure is calculated. I don’t doubt the figure and it has to be high so the Platinum members have the feeling of doing the right thing for the Club by giving up their prawn sandwich seats.

Hello Sailor

Has anyone considered talking to the office of fair trading?
At the very least embarrassing them into explaining their reasons?
You entered into a contract with CCM. That contract was broken.
Well worth seeing what rights you have.
I'm not sure that a contract has been broken if it only begins next season. If it is introduced THIS season, then yes I think you are right. I would think that after selling a product to person A then trying to sell the same product to person B is fraud .

Ancient Mariner

That would be being transparent. No one knows how the $2m figure is calculated. I don’t doubt the figure and it has to be high so the Platinum members have the feeling of doing the right thing for the Club by giving up their prawn sandwich seats.
I doubt the new stadium management will pay the Club as much as I used to for my 5 platinum seats.
I have no doubt that whatever the future brings I will no longer spend anything remotely like that sum ever again.

style_cafe

Im not up on this as im not affected but just to help me understand VL will sell stadium venue memberships. This reduces the number of seats available for our games and available seats to choose from by our members.So hopefully the hire costs will reduce proportionally, but i dont see how CCM are to blame. I would imagine CCM would get some benefit from providing the entertainment but our members would still be able to pick from the best seats available to them. It’s kinda making a mountain out of a molehill…

Tevor

I doubt the new stadium management will pay the Club as much as I used to for my 5 platinum seats.
I have no doubt that whatever the future brings I will no longer spend anything remotely like that sum ever again.
The club will not get anything is my take. If you become a stadium member for the $750 you are not a CCM member either. It is totally different and from what I can garner it all comes down to the deal between CCM and VL for use of the stadium and giving up those bays to VL lowers the fee for using the stadium. Club was screwed no matter what but we were not told about this until the cryptic email from the chairman and the out of the blue fan forum. The silence on the topic from those more in the know is quite telling. Now the club is trying to manage a shit sandwich but that is going to be a hard sell. Will still taste bad no matter how much sauce is put on it ?

gemkayem

The club will not get anything is my take. If you become a stadium member for the $750 you are not a CCM member either. It is totally different and from what I can garner it all comes down to the deal between CCM and VL for use of the stadium and giving up those bays to VL lowers the fee for using the stadium. Club was screwed no matter what but we were not told about this until the cryptic email from the chairman and the out of the blue fan forum. The silence on the topic from those more in the know is quite telling. Now the club is trying to manage a shit sandwich but that is going to be a hard sell. Will still taste bad no matter how much sauce is put on it ?
I hate that this is going to happen to loyal members, but I shudder to think what the other, worse off options were.

style_cafe

To be fair there we were told last year that there would be a fan forum early this year.A bit more notice would have been appreciated though

Ancient Mariner

It our members would still be able to pick from the best seats available to them. It’s kinda making a mountain out of a molehill…
I have spent 10 years getting a collection of 5 seats all together with possibly a 6th to be added this year.
These I consider the best seats in the house.
I saw it as an investment in the future to have 6 platinum seats for 3 generations of the family to be able to attend and watch football together.
Keeping the seats year to year has required continual repurchase which is not cheap but the only way to keep them.
Others have held their seats in this area since the first season.
Now we hear are we are having to vacate them possibly by the next home game with no warning or other information until a fan forum on Saturday night.

Maybe I will be able to keep them by paying an extra $750 dollars each year for stadium membership for each seat.
Do not tell me I am making a mountain out of a molehill.

style_cafe

An exceptional case AM and thanks for sharing that mate. I’m from a football mad family so i hear what your saying. I dont know what bays are affected, however, If the club invokes a system whereby the longest serving members get first choice of the best available seats, wouldn’t that be a decent compromise?

Ancient Mariner

An exceptional case AM and thanks for sharing that mate. I’m from a football mad family so i hear what your saying. I dont know what bays are affected, however, If the club invokes a system whereby the longest serving members get first choice of the best available seats, wouldn’t that be a decent compromise?
Part of my anger is that as a seriously affected member I have heard nothing apart from the email about the fan forum on Thursday that I will be unable to make, informing me that stadium management will. be taking my seats. The email was sent after the close of business on a Friday night, which along with the short notice raises immediate suspicions about what is going on.
Rumor is all the information that I have at present.
I will attempt to contact the Club when it opens for business this week, however I suspect I will be one of many and may spend a long time getting to someone with answers.
I understand that the Club is probably between a rock and a hard place and maybe I am over sensitive in expecting the Club to treat me as a valued and valuable foundation member and to contact me with at the very least an email which would be sent to all affected members explaining what is happening and what plans the Club has in place as compensation. Rather than announcing it as an agenda item at a general fan forum.

midfielder

This is out of left field.... anyone remember Marconi stadium....

I assume many on this forum would never have attended a match there...

The stadium was essentially scaffolding done very well.....

Here is the rub or crust .... if we assume the perimeter of a stadium is between 320 and 350 meters and you can fit 15 people in 10 meters.... that roughly 480 to 525 people per row.... 16 rows is around 8k.... arguable fit into a height of 5 to 6 meters....

We could build that stadium very cheaply at the COE [have to buy MC out] pressure gov swinging seats to fund...

Back to Marconi stadium this is a similar construction .... just over two minutes... the COE is perfect for this design...

bikinigirl

An exceptional case AM and thanks for sharing that mate.

. i don't think this case is all that exceptional

. there will be hundreds of members effected, many are long term or foundation members - all of whom are from a group that contributes the most to the club financially and have been for years

. even if they are given 'equivalent' seats finding small pockets - let alone large pockets for the likes of AM - will be difficult ... other fans may also have to move to accommodate them - and each move takes people away from those that they have probably been sharing Mariners experiences with for over a decade in many cases. again, imagine going into the YA and scattering them saying they can't sit/stand together

. this is an overall shit situation and i suspect the one that has to deal with all the fallout has had very little to do with the 'negotiations' and was not even in the membership area when all this would have 'gone down'. to steal AM's phrase hopefully this isn't the straw that breaks Dan's back

. the problem is that many of those that accept the situation are still going to be unhappy, quietly or otherwise and that is no good for the membership base regardless of who is to 'blame'

marinermick

All this palaver had one simple solution. Stadium management could have asked the Mariners which of the seats were taken with platinum membership and not sold those. The stadium then could have had a non-Mariners stadium seat at a discounted rate in which they sold the platinum membership seats to the rest of the events in the stadium. There are plenty of people who don’t want to go to Mariners games.

This whole situation is a total disrespect to the stadium’s number one tenant.

Last edited:

Tevor

All this palaver had one simple solution. Stadium management could have asked the Mariners which of the seats were taken with platinum membership and not sold those. The stadium then could have had a non-Mariners stadium seat at a discounted rate in which they sold the platinum membership seats. There are plenty of people who don’t want to go to Mariners games.

This whole situation is a total disrespect to the stadium’s number one tenant.
I get the feeling (with no knowledge of the negotiations) that it was all about VL. I agree there appears to be many other options but since there isn’t and Pete said this was the best worst outcome you can only draw the conclusion VL got what they wanted at our expense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami