• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

crock

Pretty even game with not many chances but we were dominated a little more. Should have scored first in extra time but missed the 1 on 1.

Now need to shrug it off and go again next week.

Don’t seem to have the finishing of more recent teams.
Going to be tough considering we played extra time

marinermick

Pretty even game with not many chances but we were dominated a little more. Should have scored first in extra time but missed the 1 on 1.

Now need to shrug it off and go again next week.

Don’t seem to have the finishing of more recent teams.

Dot Jok is a liability in that team.

With Monty’s system and both fullbacks pushing so high we will always be vulnerable defensively at the far post.

St George exploited this the same way Sydney did in the Cup. Opposition coaches are studying and learning.

Big Al

With Monty’s system and both fullbacks pushing so high we will always be vulnerable defensively at the far post.

St George exploited this the same way Sydney did in the Cup. Opposition coaches are studying and learning.
His teammates don’t use him right and then when they do he makes a mistake. His rawness comes through.

They don’t use his speed at the right times. There is alot of over hit passes to late when he doesn’t have time to excellerate or when he should trap it he let’s it run.
Certainly doesn’t look like he should be anywhere near the A League.

Yeah you are right they did have similar tactics but I think the boys covered it alright.

The winner was a bit unlucky as the defender did well tracking but was just to close to goal.

Their equaliser was as scrappy as ours but we were certainly on top.

Not sure why they put Tapp in the backline with Hong and Larson on the bench.

St George did defend pretty well and cut off the wings well

marinermick

His teammates don’t use him right and then when they do he makes a mistake. His rawness comes through.

They don’t use his speed at the right times. There is alot of over hit passes to late when he doesn’t have time to excellerate or when he should trap it he let’s it run.

Yeah you are right they did have similar tactics but I think the boys covered it alright.

The winner was a bit unlucky as the defender did well tracking but was just to close to goal.

Jok had plenty of ball and in the right spaces but the play pretty much broke down every time he had possession.

Raw, yes, but also technically inferior. That technical gap is too big for me.

FFC Mariner

Sorry, I'm with Mick - Jok needs to go.
Inauspicious start for the new coach too

priorpeter

I am not saying Jok is any good that’s for sure but I think he could be used better.

A couple of selections were interesting. Khoury was one. Seemed to be a sub for last coach and had not pushed on from last year.
Different Khoury. Louis is at Mt Druitt now, Jackson came in at the start of this season from Syd United (from memory).
Agreed though, some of the selections were… interesting.

Meerkat

Jok had plenty of ball and in the right spaces but the play pretty much broke down every time he had possession.

Raw, yes, but also technically inferior. That technical gap is too big for me.

He did my head in today. Going to be honest.. and he was starting to grow on me before that.

Barely even saw Bayliss .. he was kept very quiet.. Jok was the only one up front for most of the game and stuffed the ball every time he got it, ?

I won’t pretend to be a coaching expert or even a coach.. but why we did not change up anything in our approach for that full 120 mins is beyond me.

Big Dog

Works hard but technically not there yet. His first touch is poor and numerous times when a ball was played for him he runs in an arc to get behind the ball and it gets away on him.
Really don’t see how he is considered for A-league when he can’t shine in League 1.
Hopefully we get the job done next week

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred