• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

FFC Mariner

Big slap for whoever didnt realise it was local GF weekends, academy GF. Does it show disdain for our academy and the local football community or just ineptitude?
Academy were always likely to be in the GF
Oh well, I cant get to Edensor so will stay home, ignore the family day and watch the game on the excellent NPL.tv

pjennings

Big slap for whoever didnt realise it was local GF weekends, academy GF. Does it show disdain for our academy and the local football community or just ineptitude?
Oh well, I cant get to Edensor so will stay home, ignore the family day and watch the game on the excellent NPL.tv
Shame it sounds like the Family Day was planned assuming we won the weekend before and the Academy games would have featured at CCS.

Rising Sun

Shame it sounds like the Family Day was planned assuming we won the weekend before and the Academy games would have featured at CCS.
It was a big assumption that we would beat SGC - we took 1 point from 6 from them in the regular season and only pipped them for the title on goal difference. It was a 50-50 game at best. Sounds like we put all our chips on red and the ball dropped in black.

Meerkat

Yep. I do think the idea in theory was great.. and would have led to a cracker day.
However, i also think it was too big a risk and now it’s F’d up completely.
I’m with you unfortunately on skipping family day, for the same reason.. was going to try for the afternoon off work but NPL TV on my work laptop is going to be the better option.
Think it’s really unfortunate that literally nobody will benefit from this.. the lads won’t get the support they need and deserve in Western Sydney and neither will the boys at the stadium.
Also agree re the the grassroots finals / GF.. hubby was quick to fire up about that, remember ?
Aargh sorry guys. Appreciate you tried!!! ????

samster

Many going to the League One GF? It might just suit me to head along.
Have to be in Sydney for something in the morning and again that night so figured I'll duck over to the game during the day, feel bad for people missing out due to the family day but it is what it is

Big Dog

Apparently CCM approached Football NSW about hosting the Grand Final at CCS as part of the gala day and A-league friendly. A great opportunity to play the game on a great pitch with a decent crowd and atmosphere. We even offered to pay for a coach to bring the St George side to the game.
The offer was declined to play the game in Sydney on a synthetic pitch.

priorpeter

Apparently CCM approached Football NSW about hosting the Grand Final at CCS as part of the gala day and A-league friendly. A great opportunity to play the game on a great pitch with a decent crowd and atmosphere. We even offered to pay for a coach to bring the St George side to the game.
The offer was declined to play the game in Sydney on a synthetic pitch.
Nearly spot on. Had we won the semi final against St George, we would have been hosts and the grand final was locked in for CCS on family day. Would have been immense.
Unfortunately we didn’t get the result and thus STG won hosting rights. We did try and talk St George into hosting it up here but they declined (unsurprisingly). They were offered Lily’s and VSP by Football NSW but declined both as well in favour of Edensor.

A certain staff member may have jinxed it when they said “right I’ll call CCS to confirm the booking” right after Cresnar scored ??

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred