• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

Rising Sun

Lucas was one of the assistants with the ALM team last season but that role seems to have ended. Is he still with the club? Would be great to see him get an opportunity but it might be a poisoned chalice

scoober

Lucas was one of the assistants with the ALM team last season but that role seems to have ended. Is he still with the club? Would be great to see him get an opportunity but it might be a poisoned chalice
Still in the NPL setup, went to Brazil recently for coaching badge. Not sure what level.

Ads

Maybe Abbas thought he might have a better chance elsewhere now.
- Auckland & Canberra will spread the field of players and coaches.

Or maybe more back end cuts to reduce spend.

Even without Abbas players still might see CCM as best chance to get into a first team or be moved on early overseas.

But Monty did create a revolution in this space didn’t he!
Other clubs are flowing towards our model this year as well as most playing attacking football, lots of goals and lots of goals leaked.

turbo

But Monty did create a revolution in this space didn’t he!
Other clubs are flowing towards our model this year as well as most playing attacking football, lots of goals and lots of goals leaked.
I think a lot of clubs are seeing transfer $ as a way to protect themselves against whatever happens in the broadcast deal. Being more careful with spending and actually playing young players who could command a fee. There will be hits and misses but it’s a sound approach especially if silverware isnt your only priority

Rising Sun

Surprised the club hasn’t bought in someone with a bit more experience tbh
I hope we have given Lucas the job because the likes of Jacko and Simmo see a tremendous young coach worthy of the opportunity and not because he is the cheap option.

He was 20s coach under Andrew Christianson, pushed out under Wilkshire but brought back by Abbas. I believe he is a good young coach and deserves the opportunity but it could be a poisoned chalice with the decision to field a largely U-20s side. We struggled last year at the back end of the season when a lot of the more experienced players stood down to join ALM training and it may be a risky strategy

pjennings

If the NST goes ahead then I would think it is unlikely there will be any relegation. Maybe we are looking at a 2 year program

JoyfulPenguin

I hope we have given Lucas the job because the likes of Jacko and Simmo see a tremendous young coach worthy of the opportunity and not because he is the cheap option.

He was 20s coach under Andrew Christianson, pushed out under Wilkshire but brought back by Abbas. I believe he is a good young coach and deserves the opportunity but it could be a poisoned chalice with the decision to field a largely U-20s side. We struggled last year at the back end of the season when a lot of the more experienced players stood down to join ALM training and it may be a risky strategy
Fully agree, I hope someone is in the ear of Richard Peil of how difficult it was to get out of NPL 2. As well as the negative effect that had on our Academy. You only have to look at the Jets and Victory to see the repercussions of Academy teams getting relegated.

Spacks

I think a lot of clubs are seeing transfer $ as a way to protect themselves against whatever happens in the broadcast deal. Being more careful with spending and actually playing young players who could command a fee. There will be hits and misses but it’s a sound approach especially if silverware isnt your only priority
May also be more cut-throat in terms of signing youth, focusing on players that have high potential in the transfer market.

Which may mean players like nizzy may end up being overlooked.

turbo

May also be more cut-throat in terms of signing youth, focusing on players that have high potential in the transfer market.

Which may mean players like nizzy may end up being overlooked.
It absolutely will be as we've seen. Tough decisions to be made all round. Not all will be right and even some of the right ones wont be popular.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred