• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Other A league games 2022/23

Ads

Was just thinking if Noah Smith has seen any pre-season or season game time with Victory?

turbo

Wanderers top of the league with 442 set up. If you have decent players its a good way to set up your team.
Very solid CBs, wide defenders get forward well. Their mids aren’t afraid to run through the middle. We might be playing the same formation but right now that’s the end of the similarities.

Also amusing that Sydney cast offs in old man Ninko and Nuewenhoff (spelling?) who was seen as perpetually injured are so far right in the thick of that success.

booney

Wanderers were able to press high and for long periods.This will be difficult for us to play out of defence next week-will need some judicious use of the long ball.

Tevor

Wanderers were able to press high and for long periods.This will be difficult for us to play out of defence next week-will need some judicious use of the long ball.
They pressed Victory for the full 90 the other week and easily contained the Scum. Scum only really had one chance, no it is pretty clear you need to take those chances against them. Boring to watch but Rudan will not care about that.

Tevor

Gee I watched some highlights of the other games yesterday and our dual ball issue is pretty small compared to what happened in other games. I hate the Cows but they were smashed by the Ref and VAR, welcome York to the big clubs get all the decisions league and you are not a big club.

Got my foil hat on, APL to improve viewership are getting desperate and want the big clubs to be successful this year. It’s going to be a hard season for anyone who isn’t Shitney, Drive byes, Victory or City. So there are only two spots for the rest to fight over. Keep heading this way and we will be the SPL soon and run by two clubs.

FFC Mariner

Gee I watched some highlights of the other games yesterday and our dual ball issue is pretty small compared to what happened in other games. I hate the Cows but they were smashed by the Ref and VAR, welcome York to the big clubs get all the decisions league and you are not a big club.

Got my foil hat on, APL to improve viewership are getting desperate and want the big clubs to be successful this year. It’s going to be a hard season for anyone who isn’t Shitney, Drive byes, Victory or City. So there are only two spots for the rest to fight over. Keep heading this way and we will be the SPL soon and run by two clubs.
Yorke can get f**ked. Was part of a team that salary cap cheated its way to a GF win

turbo

I have no idea how the Sydney penalty stood, that to me was the worst of the bunch and I can’t see an argument for it.

For the other two games with reds I thought:
Brisbane - Harsh, bit of a 50-50 both players going in hard for the ball, any other player would have got a yellow for it but being the keeper there was an open goal behind him if Daggers isn’t flattened. Yeah he didn’t have control of the ball at the time but I don’t think anyone else was getting to it first. I’m assuming it was DOGSO not serious foul play due to excessive force. If it wasn’t dogso then I disagree with the call.

Macarthur - I can see the argument for a red as it was the last man. Uskok was well behind, maybe he has a chance to get back as the attacker is squaring up to shoot which supports the idea it could have been a yellow but that’s pure speculation. I don’t think you’ll get a decision that everyone is happy with here. Most of the ire seems to be around the fact the VAR got involved to upgrade it when it looked like the ref had judged a yellow to be sufficient.

Once again the transparency of VAR is a big issue. At the ground I didn’t know about the second ball in play to begin with. On TV for the other two were left with the commentary musings. Really need at least the ref mic’d up to explain the call. I know FIFA won’t allow us to do it like the bunker does but it would solve a lot of issues even if not getting all calls perfect.

Big Al

I have no idea how the Sydney penalty stood, that to me was the worst of the bunch and I can’t see an argument for it.

For the other two games with reds I thought:
Brisbane - Harsh, bit of a 50-50 both players going in hard for the ball, any other player would have got a yellow for it but being the keeper there was an open goal behind him if Daggers isn’t flattened. Yeah he didn’t have control of the ball at the time but I don’t think anyone else was getting to it first. I’m assuming it was DOGSO not serious foul play due to excessive force. If it wasn’t dogso then I disagree with the call.

Macarthur - I can see the argument for a red as it was the last man. Uskok was well behind, maybe he has a chance to get back as the attacker is squaring up to shoot which supports the idea it could have been a yellow but that’s pure speculation. I don’t think you’ll get a decision that everyone is happy with here. Most of the ire seems to be around the fact the VAR got involved to upgrade it when it looked like the ref had judged a yellow to be sufficient.

Once again the transparency of VAR is a big issue. At the ground I didn’t know about the second ball in play to begin with. On TV for the other two were left with the commentary musings. Really need at least the ref mic’d up to explain the call. I know FIFA won’t allow us to do it like the bunker does but it would solve a lot of issues even if not getting all calls perfect.
It is totally ruining the sport. That call of a pen Against the traitor was bad but to not over turn it was ridiculous.

Then while Aspro was red VAR should be nowhere making a decision. It’s not dangerous so just go with the on field ref real time decision.

Refereeing is so hard to be having some decisions challenged and others not is making it even harder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred