• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Other A league games 2022/23

turbo

The first shows no consistency with Silvera’s goal that was disallowed when Ruhs supposedly interfered. Bruno was offside and practically standing next to Glover and had to duck from the ball and no mention of interference.
I dont think there was much of an issue there and it doesnt look like Glover's sight is impeded from the angles I saw which I think was the issue with ours. Either way in isolation i think that was the right call.
Third one Faghani gave a City throw in but allowed Victory to throw it in and then go and score. Seems the APL want Victory being more competitive.
This one was sus though. Only thing I can think of is the linesman said the throw was Victory's (it shouldnt have been) and it got overruled while the subs were happening. Leckie had the ball in his hand and didnt get subbed but still put it down. Perhaps he shouldnt have until his team was ready and there was no confusion. I'd be pissed about this one if it happened to us.

Tevor

I dont think there was much of an issue there and it doesnt look like Glover's sight is impeded from the angles I saw which I think was the issue with ours. Either way in isolation i think that was the right call.

This one was sus though. Only thing I can think of is the linesman said the throw was Victory's (it shouldnt have been) and it got overruled while the subs were happening. Leckie had the ball in his hand and didnt get subbed but still put it down. Perhaps he shouldnt have until his team was ready and there was no confusion. I'd be pissed about this one if it happened to us.
When someone like Fornaroli is standing offside and close to a keeper that is clear interference in my opinion. They would have been watching him and his every move. One of the commentators mentioned it but then it was shut down quickly just like the third goal we all knew something happened but not much was said about it until the next day. They want Victory in contention because no matter what they did they provide fans. APL needs every person watching on P- or at a game they can get and don’t the OSM know this.

turbo

When someone like Fornaroli is standing offside and close to a keeper that is clear interference in my opinion. They would have been watching him and his every move. One of the commentators mentioned it but then it was shut down quickly just like the third goal we all knew something happened but not much was said about it until the next day. They want Victory in contention because no matter what they did they provide fans. APL needs every person watching on P- or at a game they can get and don’t the OSM know this.
Conceptually I agree with you. I think the way the offside rule works at the moment puts defenders and keepers at a disadvantage because you can't know for sure that someone else isnt putting him onside or that someone playing at it wont end up putting him onside. It influences decision making just by being there.

But that's how I feel about it not the way the rule works. An offside player that obstructs the keepers vision even briefly can be said to be interfering with play while a player just lurking in a dangerous position is not considered to be doing so until they become involved.

Tevor

Conceptually I agree with you. I think the way the offside rule works at the moment puts defenders and keepers at a disadvantage because you can't know for sure that someone else isnt putting him onside or that someone playing at it wont end up putting him onside. It influences decision making just by being there.

But that's how I feel about it not the way the rule works. An offside player that obstructs the keepers vision even briefly can be said to be interfering with play while a player just lurking in a dangerous position is not considered to be doing so until they become involved.
Bruno had to duck out of the way when next to Glover, not too concerned about it to be honest it gave us an opportunity to get closer to City which we couldn’t take. All the talk is Victory now making the finals, we play them down there soon so I’m sure we will be ripped off blind to get them the win.

Ozhammer

You know it would have been flagged offside if it was Cumdingo……

turbo

Sounds like Davila is out for the season. You would have to think that puts serious doubt into any run Macarthur wanted to mount for the finals.
Yeah im pretty sure it was officially confirmed. Huge hit for them and I could see them dropping into the bottom 3 without him. Looking at the draw 5 of their remaining 9 are against top 6 opposition and then 2 are against basement dwellers (roar and victory) who will see them as there for the taking. And another is an away trip to Perth. It's not a great run home for them.

ConsKrypt

Results went our way so far, other teams have given us every chance to pull clear but we refuse to do things the easy way.
Was overly stoked with the games thus far.

Also wanted to point out the ever popular topic of attendance, both games played so far seemed VERY empty so it could be said that our own attendance hasn't really been all that bad overall.

Tevor

Was overly stoked with the games thus far.

Also wanted to point out the ever popular topic of attendance, both games played so far seemed VERY empty so it could be said that our own attendance hasn't really been all that bad overall.
Says more about the state of the league in my opinion, poor broadcasting and rubbish officials are turning people away and the game is becoming irrelevant to the general public. Only time it makes the press is for poor fan behaviour. APL have no idea how to fix it, their answer is get the Wanderers to the final and Victory back into contention which is where all the bad press comes from. Smart plan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami