• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Paramount coverage 2021/2022

Pirate Pete

I decided to buy a firetvstick to watch Paramount on the TV.

Got it out of the box, completely ignoring the instructions.
Plugged it in. Followed the onscreen instructions.
Signed in to amazon.com.au. Got to the final bit. Japanese text!!!!
WTF?????

Factory reset & tried again. Japanese text.

By this time it was getting late so I gave up. Next day at worked I checked my emails on my phone.
It seems I joined Amazon Prime............. Japan. But even though they'd taken money out of my bank account I couldn't log on to the site as it said no account existed.

Next day was my day off & spending a couple of hours on the phone to Amazon wasn't how I expected to send it. 2 hours because while the first bloke was trying (not very well at all) to help me the phone call dropped out and I had to phone back and start again. They reckon the stick was dodgy as it was pre registered to Japan. They wanted me to take it back to JB Hifi. I wouldn't. In the end they said they'd send a new one and a bag to return the other one.

Later on Friday I once again googled the problem and someone said to disconnect it from the TV.
Put it on a different TV, factory reset and do the setup again. It worked.

Next day I phoned Amazon and said don't send the other one as I've fixed the problem.
But no, that was too hard. I had to go through the whole story again. After the call dropped out twice I phoned back and told them if the new one arrives I'm keeping it and not sending the other one back.
They said it was too late as the new one was in the post. Keep it and don't send the other one back.

I was going to buy another anyway. I haven't used it much, but my teenage son thinks it's great.

pjennings

The FA Cup? Are you sure. I can't seem to find anything about that.
https://www.mediaweek.com.au/network-10-upfront-minute-by-minute/

Some 40 minutes in we get to meet Beverley McGarvey, executive vice president and chief content officer for ViacomCBS Australia and New Zealand.

Her first announcement is that 10 has secured the rights to the FA Cup and to explain it further she introduces new 10 football commentators Tara Rushton, Bruce Djite, and Simon Hill.

This is followed by a 10 football reel.

FFC Mariner

A live game on Ch10 would be great for them - Highlights of the round too

Nothing like watching Fulham's reserve/youth team go out to an abject 1-0 loss to a league 2 side in front of 5,000 people at the Cottage :-(

midfielder

Glad to see we are now in...

Have been blown way the two Matilda game coverage...

I know a Sydney, based, sports journalist, writing and online and like most journalist has to cover 3 to 4 codes...

He has contacts at all the FTA stations... his preferred code by far is Football...

AnyWho he says 10 are throwing everything into making this work... 10 are determined to make Football work... he tells me its intense and he has never seen anything like it by a network regarding Football...

Also not known to many he tells me when JJ did the last media deal with Fox he reduced the price a little in exchange for Fox's complete Football library...

10 believe they are on a winner and are prepared to take their time and don't expect too much in the first couple of years...

AS a side issue, On Saturday night Nine did not show on FTA even their secondary the rugby test between Japan & Australia instead showing on Stan, why the Nine suits made that decision is anyone's guess but it shows we are much better placed with the CBS / Ten / Paramount deal

Insertnamehere

Glad to see we are now in...

Have been blown way the two Matilda game coverage...

I know a Sydney, based, sports journalist, writing and online and like most journalist has to cover 3 to 4 codes...

He has contacts at all the FTA stations... his preferred code by far is Football...

AnyWho he says 10 are throwing everything into making this work... 10 are determined to make Football work... he tells me its intense and he has never seen anything like it by a network regarding Football...

Also not known to many he tells me when JJ did the last media deal with Fox he reduced the price a little in exchange for Fox's complete Football library...

10 believe they are on a winner and are prepared to take their time and don't expect too much in the first couple of years...

AS a side issue, On Saturday night Nine did not show on FTA even their secondary the rugby test between Japan & Australia instead showing on Stan, why the Nine suits made that decision is anyone's guess but it shows we are much better placed with the CBS / Ten / Paramount deal
What we wanna hear!

booney

I was talking to an acquaintance yesterday who is a camera man at sporting events.He was contracted to the company which did the Foxtel camera work.This company did those Matilda games and everyone thought the camera work,slow mo replays were excellent which they were.However 10/Paramount are using a different mob for their camera work for the A league and he says they will not have as many cameras or angles so coverage may not be as good-anyway let's judge for ourselves.

turbo

However 10/Paramount are using a different mob for their camera work for the A league and he says they will not have as many cameras or angles so coverage may not be as good-anyway let's judge for ourselves.
Of course there will be a difference between a couple of stand alone national team games and the A Leagues where they are covering 6 (more when the ladies kick off) per week. If anyone is expecting that standard for A league they will be disappointed. You might see that kind of thing for the biggest games on the calendar and finals.

Tevor

I was talking to an acquaintance yesterday who is a camera man at sporting events.He was contracted to the company which did the Foxtel camera work.This company did those Matilda games and everyone thought the camera work,slow mo replays were excellent which they were.However 10/Paramount are using a different mob for their camera work for the A league and he says they will not have as many cameras or angles so coverage may not be as good-anyway let's judge for ourselves.
To be honest I didn't think much of Foxtel camera work the past 4 or 5 A League seasons when Foxtel slowed the funding. Good riddance to anything Foxtel and any contractors associate with them. Lets give Paramount a season or two and then judge them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami