• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R3 CCM v ZADS PERF LADS ,,,,,,,,,, don't stuff it up

Corsair

We can all agree that Fazz was horrendous tonight. Having thought about it abit more. We need to remember these kind of performances will happen with young kids. He just needs to work extremely hard to get better with his delivery. He’s never going to be the fullback to take players on. He’s the full back that takes a touch and delivers but he was so far off the mark tonight. And his timing of tackles was even worse.
I said a while back that Rowles was covering for him a lot more than people noticed and that he'd struggle without him this season.

turbo

I have a suspicion Beni has been sold
There was rumours of offers. and it would solve the Moresche returning issue so could easily be some truth to it. On what we’ve seen so far though I’d let Kaltak go when Moresche comes back and look for another attacking player, preferably a play maker.

Huddo

As for Kuol and Cummings.

Cummings set up the first.

Koul ain't supernatural, you double man mark him and drop your defensive line, he will struggle to score, believe it or not Messi wouldn't be able to score either.

Last edited:

Ads

Our best and most dangerous plays were when our wide fullbacks started the play as wide fullbacks!

Receive the ball square in the full back line than take the ball forward pass into the middle than run down the line for through ball!

It’s called fluid attack!!!!

Monty and Staj for that matter seem to have our wide back in line with the mids before we even have the ball or just as our CB receive the ball.

What happens, we pass to our wide back and they have no f**king room!
They are already under pressure and take it back to the CB or loose it.

It frustrates the f**k out of me and we kinda of got away with it last year cause Faz would flick the ball around his opposition quickly to himself and get fouled but if they are pressing well we are going to be dispossessed more often than not.

marinermick

Urena is the real loss. He would drop into the midfield to give support both defensively and in attack. He would stretch defensive and midfield lines and create space for other payers. He was clever and a leader.

If we are going to persist in having two centre midfields we either need to get more out of our strikers who were immobile today, play a proper ten sitting behind Cummings, or have two absolute gangbusters seven and elevens. Of all the shit our defensive line copped today there has been little scrutiny on Beni, Silvera and Ayongo. All three were honking.

Gazza 13

Kaltak, Kelechi and Farrell were shocking for me and everyone else was pretty poor. Props to Nissy and Balard as I reckon they had a good game. I was to some extent happy with what Roux did but still we weren't good enough. Found it frustrating that our main way of attacking was through overhead balls that never worked. Refs were shit also.

Meerkat

So Monty reckons in his press conference that Dan Hall is essentially unfit?

And thinks there is nothing wrong with our defence and it was just two mistakes that led to the goals?

Yeah wow.

Fills me with optimism for next weekend.

Ads

Roux———Hall———Triantis———Faz
———————Ballard————————
Ruys———Niz———Silvera——-Ayongo
———————Kuol—————————

Next week I go a 4-1-4-1 based on tonight’s performance.

* I give Faz another chance but instruct the backs to move the ball to the wide mids so Faz can focus more on defence and let the front 5 do their job.

* Use Ballard as a screening DM to sweep the midfield and grab the loose balls. Allows a system where you can swarm the attacker with 2 players and steal the ball more often.

* Give Kuol the starting striker to try and snatch an early goal while the game is warming in. We have a distinct energy advance in the next game against the senior citizens.
Same as starting Ruys and Niz a bit higher, get Niz out of the boring position and become the creater again.

Gazza 13

Roux———Hall———Triantis———Faz
———————Ballard————————
Ruys———Niz———Silvera——-Ayongo
———————Kuol—————————

Next week I go a 4-1-4-1 based on tonight’s performance.

* I give Faz another chance but instruct the backs to move the ball to the wide mids so Faz can focus more on defence and let the front 5 do their job.

* Use Ballard as a screening DM to sweep the midfield and grab the loose balls. Allows a system where you can swarm the attacker with 2 players and steal the ball more often.

* Give Kuol the starting striker to try and snatch an early goal while the game is warming in. We have a distinct energy advance in the next game against the senior citizens.
Same as starting Ruys and Niz a bit higher, get Niz out of the boring position and become the creater again.
No Cummings?

FFC Mariner

Kaltak, Kelechi and Farrell were shocking for me and everyone else was pretty poor. Props to Nissy and Balard as I reckon they had a good game. I was to some extent happy with what Roux did but still we weren't good enough. Found it frustrating that our main way of attacking was through overhead balls that never worked. Refs were shit also.
Where was the ref shit? Didnt have any big decisions to make really

Ancient Mariner

Just got home a couple of comments before I watch the replay (if I feel strong enough).
I agree with all the comments on Fazz. At the game I got the feeling that he was disinterested and started to think that it was he who has the mysterious contract in January, not Benni. After a bit longer I decided that his drink bottle needed to be analysed. I suspect someone filled it with valium. He made a couple-le of good runs but when he received the ball he looked lost.
Benni I thought tried at least but was at his clumsy, uncoordinated worse, like the first few games of last season.
As for Silvera, a great goal. It is always good to see a midfielder running onto a ball from the D to score. Apart from that why was he continually giving space down our left and keeping company with our left back in defence?
I like d the look of Tulio for his brief cameo and can see why Montgomery likes Aquilina, he looked good.

The most important thing I want to know is what the f*** is Storm on? Whatever it is I want it. Our best player until he ran out of gas just before he was replaced. My MoM.

Ads

On at 55min if Kuol has done nothing.

We seem to let the opposition overcome us about 5/10min into the second half both games.

Cummings can not get a shot off on his left foot because every team knows he’s a bit of a one trick pony with that left peg.

Bring him on when opposition is tired and starting to loose concentration after half time talk fades from their minds.

Cummings as a senior player might also give us a confidence boost across the park coming on from the bench.

No Cummings?

Huddo

Every decision went their way, they were in his ear all game and he listened. Many calls that should have gone to us were overlooked.

I'm not going to say our loss is the refs fault, as the team had massive failings. But to ignore the incompetence of the ref and KGJ, is to condone their decision. I don't condone that level of incompetence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred